“Very Pleased”

Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Very Pleased”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you are looking for a Tel Aviv hotel thats a short walk to the Medeteranian, then this place is for you. It's a gem. Clean and well kept. Very reasonable. The staff was friendly, professional and attentive to our needs. We arrived early and were well received. Our room was upgraded to a top floor corner with a breathtaking view of the Medeteranian. Looking out from the spacious terrace we could see the sky kiss the sea.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Ontario, California
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our first trip to Israel and finding this hotel as we drove from Jerusalem turned out to be much more difficult to find than I had expected. Followed by a harrowing experience just trying to "park" the car in the free underground parking. OMG, you can actually see where all the previous cars have smashed into the walls (a rubber bumper lines it now) and our rental car was rather large. Once we finally got the car parked we all decided we will NOT be doing that again until it's time to go to the airport. If the parking were better I would give this hotel a 5 star! The staff were very helpful. The coffee in the Lobby (Lattes, capuccinos etc) was wonderful and the lobby itself was very nice. The staff were extremely helpful printing out my El Al boarding passes when it was time to go. The location: Awesome, directly across the street from the Meditteranean Sea!! Our room actually had a view of the ocean as well. There were tons of excellent restaurants within walking distance. We took a cab (a few miles) to the Jaffa artist district and then we walked it back to the hotel. Our rooms were a little pricey, but then we were there during the holidays. The room: clean, large, great bed and a nice kitchen. I would definitely recommend this hotel (except the parking!) to anyone staying in Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our view of the ocean from our room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Haifa
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Regency Suites is a reasonably priced hotel for Tel Aviv located across the street from the beach, walking distance to sites in central Tel Aviv with an amazingly helpful staff. Having the top floor suite provided a great space that separates into two separate sleeping units, with a kitchenette and great balcony. This is great for a family with children or two couples.

Although there are more chic hotels in Tel Aviv, they cost more and the Regency makes up for it by starting to renovate and having TA very helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you like views of the sea take a top floor suite that comes with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have never written any reviews before until this time when I really feel I should. I'm currently staying at this hotel for 2 nights. When I arrived the other day at 6am after a long flight and got to the hotel I knew that I had a booking that day with check in at 2pm. As I arrived early in the morning - having spoken to hotels.com representative I was informed that I could check in early and pay 15% of the total price. As it turned out I must have misunderstood the representative as she meant I have a 15% discount from the total price if I book the early check in for 6 hours.
When I got to the hotel I was told that the early check in will cost me nearly USD 160 after the 15% discount. As I was honestly not ready to pay this amount I just said that I will check in normal time as I was booked.
The manager offered me to stay in the lobby - have some coffee, use the internet and he would try to have the room ready for me at 11am. I was ok with that. After about 40 minutes - the manager came up to me and said that there was a cancellation and I can have the room now free of charge and have a rest ( this was 7am).
I would just like to say thank you for the warm welcome, all the staff are very welcoming but a big thank you to Moshe who was on duty that morning.
I had requested the sea view initially when I booked, but the room that was available was on the 2nd floor facing the city, but having the room early was better than having a sea view.
Thank you for taking the time to read this once again...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very hard to find the place the first time as it is really small and compact. However, what this place misses in size and appearance it makes up with service and value. Everyone smiles and is happy to help. We stayed for a couple of days and then returned after a brief trip for one more day. They had no problems storing some of our luggage. When we returned I had asked for a balcony, which was considered an upgrade. They said if it is available they would upgrade at no charge. Which came to pass. Wifi is free, which can add up at other hotels. While it felt small I would stay there again. It was 1 block off the promenade and perfectly situated where you can walk to all the main streets and markets. Some more aggresive walks than others or a quick cab ride. No shortage of fantastic restaurants all around.

While there is no swimming pool like many of the other larger hotels, you can swim in natures little pond accross the street called the Mediteranian Sea.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are smaller than regular suites. Either way has its pros. Higher floor is less noise...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 19, 2012

It is very difficult to find hotel rooms in Israel that can accommodate a family of four. Most hotel rooms in Israel have a 3 person maximum. We stayed in a balcony suite. My wife and I stayed in a small bedroom while the kids slept on the comfortable pull out couch in the good sized sitting other room of the suite. There was also a refrigerator and a small kitchenette. The balcony was large and while the street below was not beautiful, there was a good view of the ocean. This is not a luxury hotel. The hotel is well maintained, very clean, and comfortable. The location is excellent. Even though the hotel is small, the front desk is staffed 24 hours per day. Staff members Daniel and Leah were extremely helpful. Very nice employees. I would would be happy to stay at the Best Western Regency Suites the next time I visit Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: The balcony suite was very nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark F
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2012

After staying one night in another hotel, I checked into this wonderful, small, friendly hotel. Clean, modern mini suites just across from the beach. Send a little more and get one on the balcony rooms in the front. The front desk staff around the clock could not have been nicer and made me feel cared for. I stayed 12 days and it was agreat location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business