InterContinental David Tel Aviv
  • Bar/Lounge
Nordoy Hotel(Tel Aviv)
Hotel 75(Tel Aviv)
2,260 results
All reviewsaubergine restaurantthe club loungeneve tzedekcarmel marketconcierge servicebreakfast buffetpool staffnice poolguest relationsrooms are spaciousexecutive roompool area ismediterranean seabusiness loungejaffamartinaisrael
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed 7 nights in this hotel. The room we got on the 13th floor was not what I expect from an Intercontinental. It smelled like cigarette smoke even though we asked for a non-smoking room. The bathroom is in serious need of a makeover. I actually bought shower shoes when I saw it. The bottom of the tub was black where the no slip circular grips were. Those black marks do come off with proper cleaning - To clean it all you need is a Mr. Clean magic eraser and some elbow grease. The door/doorway of the bathroom was also peeling. There was some mold and mildew growing by the grout/chaulk around the bathtub.

This was also the worst maid service. She started talking very loudly on her phone every morning. The walls and door are not sound proof, she woke us up every day. We thought it was two maids having a conversation at first because the conversation was so loud and constant. I have never stayed in a hotel that has ever allowed housekeeping to chat on their phones all morning while in the hallway. Its completely unprofessional.

Additionally, when we checked in there was a flyer at the front desk that stated that construction was happening on the 23rd or 24th floor. Not true. We heard construction and hammering at 9am from the 14th floor. We called down Thursday to complain and the woman at the front desk said it would stop in the afternoon and it would not go on Friday because of Shabbat. On Friday there was more hammering at 9am. So, between housekeeping and the construction, we could not sleep in past 9am any day. I do not think the hotel was at capacity, so I am not sure why they did not put my husband and I on a floor without construction in the vicinity. He was there on business and needed to have a good nights sleep.

The hotel also does not have heat. We were in Tel Aviv during a very cold spell where temperatures were in the low 50's during the day and 40's at night. The front desk was nice enough to send up a space heater quickly when we asked about heat.

We also had some confusion with the front desk and reservations. My husband thought he had cleared it up at check in, but the girl never recorded it and 4 days into our stay we had to spend another 20 minutes clearing it up.

Wi-fi is free for 3 devices if you sign up for their IHG club. The internet is very spotty and not consistent.

Laundry is very expensive. We cleaned 3 shirts, 3 undershirts and some underwear and some socks for $100 USD. Our key card stopped working one day for no reason. We tried to call down to the front desk from the shared phone in the hallway and it did not work.

The location and the view from the room were good. We had an ocean view and the hotel is right near the Carmel Market. Its a little annoying getting in and out of the hotel, especially at night. The lobby and main entrance is up a little bit of a hill and they close the ground entrance at night when there is no guard.

I've stayed at many hotels, bad and good, and this is definitely not a 5 star hotel. It felt like a low end 4 star Marriott (but even at a 4 star hotel housekeeping does not chat away outside your door). We were at 2 other hotels in Israel, and this one was a disappointment due to the price and service. For a true 5 star hotel you need to go to Jerusalem and stay at the Mamilla or the King David Citadel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
naamabd, Sales & Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear tlc240,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review the David InterContinental. We feel very sorry to know that our services did not meet your satisfaction. Please accept our sincerest and humble apology for all inconveniences that you encountered. We have shared your feedback and comments to relevant department heads and we will take immediate actions to train the staff to avoid the same problem happening in future.

Feedback such as yours is very valuable to us and enables us to monitor our standards which, on this occasion regretfully has failed to meet your expectations. I hope that on your next visit to Tel Aviv you will allow us the opportunity to redeem your faith in the David InterContinental.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Check in too slow...
Breakfast awesome with great servers, janet and David!
Very cheerful and on call to bring us anything we wanted. Huge selection of food and great view to sea. Can't wait for next visit in this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Slmiller1,

Thank you for reviewing the David InterContinental Tel Aviv. We appreciate your positive feedback and we would like to apologize for the slow check-in. Our breakfast buffet has a delightful assortment of Israeli's best dishes; glad you agree!

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here several nights on a business trip. While I enjoyed my stay, if I had been paying the high prices myself , I would have expected more from this hotel. Breakfast buffet was very nice with many choices and fresh items. The room was comfortable if a bit dated and had a lovely view of the ocean. The service was ok, we had difficulty getting the attention of the waitstaff in the mornings and more annoying, my key didn't work 5 different times during our stay, and even when I pointed this out (a bit more annoyed each time I went down to the desk to get a new key), the desk staff didn't seem surprised, and did not take any action to have the door lock inspected. In hotel laundry is also VERY expensive, I guess they assume that if you are on a business trip you are willing to pay more than the value of your actual clothes to get them washed (e.g. $6 for washing a pair of underwear). We refused and ended up using an outside service which the hotel first helped with but then refused to again. Overall, as I said, nice place, but for the cost I expected more service and amenities.

Room Tip: On the 10th floor, overlooking the ocean and mosque, I could hear drumming from what I think was a drumming class, several nights during my stay. Not horribly loud, but present.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
naamabd, Sales & Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear S_S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and we apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced. Our location is the best in Tel Aviv due to our proximity to the beach, the Carmel Market and Neve Tzedek.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel impressed me a lot. First of all, is central. Near buses, near beach, half distance between Old Jaffa and city center and the main beaches in Tel Aviv. Has 25 floors so you can ask for a high floor. It's almost sure that you will have a sea view room even if you book a classic one. The rooms are big. They are not like french rooms, small, they are big. Good for both family and leisure travelers. The parking is 12 dollars, but in front and in the back of the hotel are public parking places you can choose from if you think the price is too high. What impressed me very much was the breakfast. Very very diversified. Mediterranean foods, the restaurant is serving delicious international breakfast. There is a cook each morning there if you want to ask dishes in the spot. The concierge will offer you information about the city and what to see in the area.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms, high floors, and very, very good breakfast with cook each morning there to do dishes in the spot.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear CoriT_Bucharest,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about our hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed our fabulous location as it is near to all the best sites in the city. Our food represent the best of Israel and the Mediterranean; we are glad that you agree.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We visit Tel Aviv at least once a year. We stayed at this hotel last year (for the first time), liked it and decided to come back. It's great to experience consistent excellence. We knew we had made the right choice from the minute we got to the hotel. We asked for an upgrade and were told we had already been upgraded. The room was charming and very comfortable, with an almost full view of the Mediterranean just a thousand feet away. Wherever we went in the hotel, the staff behaved like they appreciated our patronage and were eager to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Service requests were handled quickly and correctly. The breakfast choices were fresh and tasty. The concierge was always helpful (thank you, Avi and Niv!). The hotel has a big, sunny lounge, with great food. Free wifi was a big plus. We enjoyed walking along the beach to Jaffa and the northern Port. Nearby are the charming Neve Tzedek, the Shuk Carmel outdoor market, and the old railway station. All tolled, we couldn't ask for more!

Room Tip: It pays to ask if the hotel is full and, if it isn't, for an upgrade. A high floor with Mediterranean view definitely enhances the stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
naamabd, Sales & Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear DadTraveler1,

Thank you for reviewing the David InterContinental Tel Aviv. We love hearing our guests positive feedback and we're happy our staff made your stay even more enjoyable. I will be sure to pass your comments down to our concierge team and we hope to welcome you back to our property in the near future!