“A wonderful stay with great personal care!”

InterContinental David Tel Aviv
Ranked #52 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
london
“A wonderful stay with great personal care!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stay in Tel Aviv frequently, usually with family and friends. This time was a special occasion, and decided I would book for one night at the David Intercontinental.

I sure was glad I did! It is THE nicest hotel in Tel Aviv, with Milos and his staff attending to my each and every need - I think even giving me a free upgrade on the room which was much appreciated.

The business lounge was always well stocked, and the breakfast is a cater-for-all affair - pancakes, eggs, hot croissants, fruit - all delicious!

The swimming pool is well kept and on a large area with a splendid view to the beach, and the nightlife of Tel Aviv is just a moments taxi or ten minutes walk away.

I'd really describe this hotel as perfect anyone - individual holiday makers, businessmen, newlyweds and families.

All in all a wonderful stay, I'll be back and I'll definitely ask Milos and his team to look after me :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
naamabd, Guest Relations at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear natec420,

Thank you for your rave review! We at the David InterContinental pride ourselves on providing the best service to all our guests. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Alex Cohen, Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Modiin, Israel
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It was great!
the location was perfect, close to the beach, shopping center and the best places to go to at night.
Breakfast was rich and varied, as only the Israelis know.
The room was a stunning sea view.
It looks like the designers took business area and made ​​it the ideal vication.
if i'll come to TLV again, it will defenetlly be InterContinental David Tel Aviv.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Orit G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We agree that we have the best breakfast buffet in Tel-Aviv. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you in the future.

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We come to tel aviv several times a year to visit our children and grand-children who live there, and everytime we stay at a different hotel. This time we decided to pass on the "boutique hotel" experience (there are plenty hotels of this kind in tel aviv, but sometimes "boutique" means the rooms are super-tiny) and instead we went to the Intercontinental. The experience was fantastic from beginning to end: the room was spacious and clean, the bed was extremely comfort, the breakfast was one of the highlights, and the location of the hotel is superb, very close to the wonderful market. It was really one of our best times in tel aviv.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear avital84,

Thank you for your rave review! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We agree that we have the best location in all of Tel-Aviv. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Being a 5 star hotel F&B Director gives you a very unique perspective on how things should be in other 5 stars hotels. It's not just about the heated pool or the marble sculptures scattered all around. You search for that special something that's going to make the difference between the fourth and the fifth star. In this case it was the human resource that made the difference. Every way you go people are smiling at you and being so courteous and so kind. The highlight was when we went up to the astonishing executive lounge on the 24th floor there we met Dana. Without further elaborating I'll just say that she made us feel at home in her own unique way. I can sincerely say that I would love to have people like her working with me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 7799553,

Thank you for your rave review! We are so thrilled to hear that you had wonderful stay at our hotel. We at the David InterContinental pride ourselves on providing the best service to all our guests. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

ashqelon
Reviewed November 16, 2013

i came to the hotel last week whit my girl frinde for 2 nights. it was wonderful weekend .the atmosphere in the hotel was very nice.the employees were very friendly. we had breakfast and friday night dinner which both were very good and delicous . we had very good time around the hotel.

we really enjoyed from this weekend !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mosh c,

Thank you for your rave review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We agree that we have the best breakfast buffet in Tel-Aviv. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed at the David intercontinental for the weekend with my sisters. It
was great vacation, very relaxing. The hotel location is very nice close to
the beach and Neve-Tzedek.
The breakfast was very delicious and with variety. The hotel is beautiful
and the atmosphere is like in hotel abroad. If you are looking for vacation
in Tel- Aviv I recommend

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear sagit T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We agree that our hotel is in the best location in Tel-Aviv. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 15, 2013

NOTE: The hotel is scheduled for room renovations (and not a minute too soon) starting in December 2013 thru March 2014. This review pre-renovation.

OK: I'm not sure about all the rave reviews here. As a worldwide traveler, I'd give the place a 3* minus grade considering the room rate.

The property is located near the beach but it's not well situationed for a beach vacation and caters more to business travelers. Unfortunately, it's not in the middle of things thus it's nearly impossible to walk out to other restaurants/bars (there are some choices in the neighborhood behind the hotel).

Check-in/out was fast and efficient. The public areas are all quite nice. The rooms are large for Tel Aviv standards however they are in bad need of renovation and show relative high levels of wear n' tear. Room softa with apparent stains and dinged up furniture. A hasty update had been done and they painted over some light fixtures. Thankfully, the bedding was of good quality and comfortable.

My balcony room had a nice sea view and as well the dumpster of the neighboring hotel where each morning I waved to the staff climbing around in the trash. I also can advise you what a.m. the trash collection begins. :-) Hotel should pay the other hotel to put a roof over this portion of their property - it was unsightly. Internet access is not free but worked well (wireless throughout property).

I will save my best ranting for the food n' beverage manager.

The USD $30 breakfast buffet is quite nice (thought nothing really noteworthy), the issue is the service (or lack thereof). I have never seen so many staff members walking around looking at their feet. The task at b'fast is simple - bring drink orders and clear tables. Neither was well executed. Ironically enough several of the staff members didn't appear to speak English with any level of fluency (rare in Tel Aviv).

To get a cup of coffee entailed getting one of the feet viewing staff members attention, usually I found it easier to get up and grab the nearest one or walk to a wait station (where they seemed to like to huddle). I denote the restaurant wasn't that full and this experience was consistent in my multi-night stay (my room rate included bfast but I walked to a cafe on the last day - I couldn't deal with the frustration that early in the morning).

To be fair, I didn't have a miserable stay (other than bfast) however suffice I left 3 days prior to my reservation ending and checked into a smaller hotel in the city (tiny room) with more on the ball staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank roadwarrior30
naamabd, Guest Relations at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear roadwarrior30,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are sorry to hear that our service was unsatisfactory in the Jaffa Court. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve upon our weaker points. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Best Regards