“Great hotel !!!”

Best view and location
Quiet rooms and large
Very good service
Bad part:
I didnt like the smell in the room.
Breakfast was very busy - too many people in small area but it may be becase it was Rosh Hashana holiday and the hotel was very busy...
Im sure ill come back to this hotel

• Stayed: September 2013
naamabd, Sales & Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Giliber,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced but we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received excellent service. We take pride in our staff and in our unique location; glad you agree!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Best,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Have stayed here twice (June and August 2013), and both times were very good to excellent. Both of my rooms had beautiful views of Tel Aviv beach, and were comfortable and quiet. The main floor bar / restaurant area is bright and spacious, quite luxurious. The breakfast is awesome! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear gtorenvliet,

Thank you for the kind review. We are always thrilled to hear our guests enjoyed their stay and that everything was nothing less than perfect.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

i stay there last month visiting friends in the city, and the hotel was great i think a little to expensive , but i guess you pay that for the location . its right on the tel aviv beach, i may stay there again, i just think its a little over the top

Room Tip: my room was facing the tel aviv beach, amazing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear miro y,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and loved the location as much as we do. We believe our proximity to the beach, Jaffa, and the lovely neighborhood of Neve Tzedek sets us apart from the other Tel Aviv hotels, glad you agreed.

We hope to host you on your next visit to Tel Aviv and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was a little disappointed with my stay. No major problems, just a bunch of small quibbles. Overall it just didn't live up to the standard of other Intercontinental Hotels I have stayed at elsewhere in the world. The room was nice and large, with a balcony that provided views to the ocean. It needed some refurbishing and better cleaning; rust stains, chipped paint, rolled up gum wrapper on the floor, etc. The pillows were too soft. I don't understand why they don't make half of them firm and half soft. Service was so-so. A lot of the staff seem to want to do just the bare minimum. And it wasn't just me. When I was checking in I saw a guy become furious at the service, or lack thereof, he received from the lady at the Guest Relations desk. I had no major issues, though I was very unimpressed when I tried to put up an umbrella at the pool and an attendant came over scowling and muttering something at me. I expect a smile and offer to help, not someone grumbling at me because I had the temerity to open the umbrella by myself. At a 5-star hotel the service should be pro-active. He should have come over and asked if I wanted some shade (hello, watch the movement of the sun and shade). To snarl at me when I did his job is definitely not what I expect at an Intercontinental hotel. Overall, the service was what I would expect at a 3-star hotel. The WiFi in the room had very poor reception. I am an Ambassador Club member so thankfully I did not have to pay for it. That would have been galling. I also stayed at a new boutique hotel on this trip called the Shenkin Hotel. I like the fact that the David Intercontinental was next to the beach and had a pool, but overall I preferred the Shenkin. The latter provides free WiFi throughout the hotel (good bandwidth) as well as free international calls. Everyone I interacted with there was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
naamabd, Sales and Marketing Department at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear amrp2012,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review; We are always happy to hear from our guests and we value your comments and we are glad to see that you did appreciate our great location.

We regret to hear that our service was not satisfactory. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconveniences that you encountered. We have shared your feedback and comments to relevant department heads. We will take immediate actions to train the staff to avoid the same problems in future.

We do hope to welcome you back at our hotel in the future.
Should you decide to stay with us again please feel free to contact me personally.

Best wishes,
Limor Alster
Sales and Marketing Department

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in this lovely hotel
and enjoyed best ever Irish Coffee by Avi
in the lobby.
The food was also extremely tasty and good value.
The room was nice and spacious and cleanliness of the highest quality

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Deiv S,

Thank you so much for the rave review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

David intercontinental Tel Aviv

It took about 35min from the Ben Gurion Airport. What a big and nice Lobby with different Kind of shops. And a breathtaking hotelbar.
Reception staff ok. Have seen more friendly. Had a room at 16th floor with partly seeview which was beautiful. The rooms had definitl better days. furniture like from late 70th. Bed large and comfortable. Also a large but old modern bathroom, but with Dead Sea products. Wlan Internet 22$ which is very expensive. Just across the street 5 min walk beach Bar with free wifi. The pool area was nice but very crowdet with families and a lot of children. The hotel is just 15 min walk away (very nice walk at the beachpromenade) from the old city of Jaffa. Also a automatic bicycle rental is across the street. just need your credit card. A tiny but well equipped gym room. All in one recommendable but very expensive.

• Stayed: August 2013
naamabd, Sales & Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Turkstarhost,

Thank you very much for such a detailed review about our hotel. We take pride in our unique location in the 'SoHo' of Neve Tzedek and we are glad to hear that you got to experience this first-hand. Currently, we are planning to fully renovate our suites and rooms which will begin at the end of this year. The rooms will be designed in a more modern and contemporary style which will deflect the style of Tel Aviv.

We hope to welcome you back here in the near future and host your next trip to sunny Tel Aviv!

Lauren Green
Sales & Marketing Department

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here as part of a large sporting delegation and thought it outstanding. The location, rooms, the facilities, the staff, the service, the food. It's right on the beach, walking distance to Jaffa, the Carmel Markets and the beachfront nightlife.
I have no hesitation recommending this place.

Room Tip: Beach facing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear lalikini,

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we take pride in our outstanding staff and location; glad you agree!

We look forward to welcoming you back to out hotel and to sunny Tel Aviv.

Lauren Green