“Great Hotel”

InterContinental David Tel Aviv
Ranked #50 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Glad I stayed there. Great hotel and great professional staff.I stayed there with my family for 2 days,for holiday. We enjoyed it very much.from the moment we checked in until checking out.friendly receptionists, clean rooms with sea view. Punctual room service delivery, beautiful swimming pool and attentive staff. Professional security staff. Expensive parking fees :). Paid NIS 70 for 6 hours parking :), but no worries,managed my self.

• Stayed: July 2013
naamabd, Sales and Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Marwan A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We always strive to provide a memorable stay for all our guests and so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We truly appreciate your kind comments, and we really look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Warm wishes,
Sales and Marketing Department

Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Where do I start? I know, at the start... So we arrive at the hotel and I leap out of the limo to find no one to greet us. Not wanting to leave the bags unattended I wait curbside for a few minutes and see a hotel security security guard staring at me blankly. After waiting a while I thought I'd take it upon myself to lug our 2 large bags, 3 carry ons, 2 laptop bags and other duty free bags into the lobby myself while all the reception staff and the security officer watch me struggle with the load with no attempt to help whatsoever. Maybe I'd arrived at a backpackers instead of an Intercontinental property I thought? No, I checked the signs at the check-in desk and I'm definitely at the Intercon.

It could only only get better from here, right? Think again... after eventually getting to the room we find what could only be described as one of the worst 5* rooms I've ever seen. We even opted for the more expensive club rooms but this room was really a 2* room at best. The room was grubby, run down and had signs of severe wear and tear everywhere from the carpet, to the paint, doors, tables, chairs, beds - everywhere! We were moved to another room which was a little better but not by much...

Couldn't get worse you say? Let's move onto breakfast shall we? Shambles. The only way to describe it. In fact, it was so bad that most of the guests sitting outside were looking at one another and laughing out loud at how bad it was; I'm not joking! After sitting down for 10 minutes at a table that had discarded foodsuffs, dirty cutlery and the like from the previous patrons, we eventually decided to go fetch our own cutlery and move the dirty plates etc aside ourselves and try to enjoy some breakfast. When the waiter did eventually come around to remove it and attempt (and I use that word loosely) to clean the table, he left behind scraps of dried up food on the table and the placemats (perforated) contained a buildup of filthy food probably from the past few days - absolutely disgusting; it probably would have been more hygienic to eat off the concrete floor.

This breakfast saga occurred every single morning. There obviously wasn't enough staff and the staff that were working didn't really seem to care. I have never seen anything like it before - on the final morning we ended up laughing about it with a large group of French people that were there for a wedding and we were all recanting stories about what an incredibly poor hotel this was. We were all belly laughing and we were thankful for some comedic relief to an otherwise tragic circumstance.

Generally the staff at the hotel were lazy, lethargic (literally dragging their feet in the most annoying way, lethargic), inattentive, discourteous and unpleasant.

Oh, and it was wonderful to pay the extra money for a club room but be rudely denied entry to the club on the pool level.

Thank you David Intercontinental for the worst hotel stay I've ever had in my entire life. If you expect some cookie cutter response to this will resolve my dissatisfaction with your hotel, you are sorely mistaken.

Room Tip: Don't get a room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank John P

Dear John P,

Thank you for your detailed and constructive feedback.
We are extremely disappointed to learn that you did not receive the true InterContinental experience while staying at our hotel.
Rest assured that your comments have been shared with all the operational departments and we will maximize our efforts to improve on all mentioned points.

We would like to apologize personally so if you would email me directly I would greatly appreciate it.

Kind regards,
limor.alster@ihg.com

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The location is great! The rooms were nice, housekeeping did a great job. Had wifi problems, so I had to be near the door in order to have signal, although arrangements for room change were made, the wifi signal did not improve much.

The service at the restaurant/bar was the worst! The staff needs a lot of service training and to be alert to the guests basic needs, such as bring a spoon for the soup!... there was also a problem with the bill at check out, the bureaucracy to get it fixed was unbelievable! It is good I did not have to catch a flight as it took over 2 hours to sort it out... Overall it was really not what I expected from an Intercontinental...

Room Tip: Avoid the restaurant/bar with service near the pool, and try to avoid the wifi
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mbrof
naamabd, Sales and Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear mbrof,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review; we are always happy to hear from our guests and we value your comments.
We are very sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. We have shared your feedback and comments with relevant department heads and will take immediate action to train the staff to avoid the same problems happen again in future.

We truly hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

beautiful hotel on the best location of tel aviv
check in was quick and very friendly
walking distance to everything (incl yaffo) - nice pool - good breakfast
there is 1 terrible service - the telephone operating lady , totally unintersted , let
me wait for minutes and forgot what I asked and than came back with a stupid answer
she was bussy texting and forgot abt her work

Room Tip: ask for room with balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul B

Dear jhonnyhome,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that overall you had a pleasant time with us and I will be sure to pass your comments on to the relevant department heads.

We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

It should be a good hotel.

But it's not. There is a serious issue with mis-communication among the staff. Eventually one of the staff members said to me, 'actually we have an issue with poor communication among departments'. So there it is. Straight from the horse's mouth.

I had a whole bunch of what should really have been minor issues, but they turned into major ones which detracted from the quality of the stay and made me wonder if I should have booked the Crowne Plaza up the road. E.g. on booking I had made put a request into the booking template, 'yes we saw that' said the front desk manager. 'But you ignored it', said I.

On the positive side, the hotel is on the sea front.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with no connecting door.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank canoepunkie

Dear ebookpunkie,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your comments.
We are very sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your stay with us. We are working hard constantly to improve and prove impeccable service and we regret that you did not experience this.
It is important to us to understand exactly what happened in order to speak to the relevant department heads.
Please email me personally so that we can understand the root to your dissatisfaction.

Limor
limor.alster@ihg.com

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed at the David InterContinental on several occasions, and each time I have been impressed by the superior service and the friendly staff. The hotel is located at a prime area. The beach is a 5 - 10 minute walk, and Jaffa port is 10 minutes by taxi (25-30 minute walk). Depending on the floor and the location of your room, you may have a fantastic view of the beach, the city, or Jaffa port. The breakfast is superb....with a wide selection. The hotel caters to both tourists and business travelers. You do have to pay for wifi....although they do have two computers in the business lounge that guests can use. The gym facilities are okay...they just renovated it and there is new equipment, but it is small. The only other drawback is that the hotel rooms are not inexpensive...but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks to the beach...on the west side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
naamabd, Sales and Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear KeDeHua,

Thank you for reviewing your stay!
We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us!

Quick note regarding the wifi, as of July all Gold and Platinum loyalty members receive free wifi and staring in 2014 all guests will have free wifi in the hotel.

Please come visit us again soon!
Best wishes

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

as a regular visitor of tel aviv I can hanostly say that david intercontinental is thr best of best hotel in town. I can not expalain the view and quality of my room in 23th floor.. If you have money or go for business you should stay at there. The breakfast is the best. I can rank that, 1- Intercontinental, 2- Dan Tel Aviv (Not near intercontinental), 3- Hilton (50 years old :) )

You can see Cyprus above 20 floor :)) kidding :)

naamabd, Sales and Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear atur01,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback with us.
We always strive to provide a memorable stay to all our guests and we were delighted to hear about your positive experience.

We hope to welcome you back soon