We stayed at the David Intercontinental after reading other reviews but sadly it didn't really live to my expectations. It's certainly a newer hotel than the Hilton- where we've stayed before- so that the pool, rooms and amenities are newer and probably better. The pool is nice and the sun bed area is quite spacious, but it's located over a very busy road so that the traffic noise and smells are a real downer. The food at the pool is pretty awful- greasy, unimaginative fast food at best.
Two things upset me in particular: firstly, the hotel charges $15 a day for internet- and that's per device! We had phones and laptops galore and they wouldn't even consider giving us a deal. We eventually bought it for one laptop but the connection was so slow, it was faster to tap into free internet from somewhere else.
Second gripe is breakfast. They charge $20 for breakfast and on a normal day the buffet choice is fair- not as good as described by others, but ok. On Shabbat, though one is still charged the same amount but the food is old and stale and the coffee they serve is literally undrinkable. This is a big international hotel and one would have thought that some concessions would be made for non religious customers, even if that means leaving a nespresso machine on the terrace. As it was, we were forced to pay for breakfast twice and go and find coffee and fresher food in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Israeli welcome awaits you at your home in the 'SoHo' of Tel Aviv. Ideally located between the city's main cultural centers, Neve Tzedek, the beach, and Old Jaffa, the David InterContinental offers the perfect starting point to exploring the city. Spend the day experiencing Tel Aviv like a local and return to the serenity of the David InterContinental boasting the best of Israeli hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental David Tel Aviv reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental David Tel Aviv Hotel Tel Aviv
- Intercontinental Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Intercontinental