InterContinental David Tel Aviv
  • Bar/Lounge
Nordoy Hotel(Tel Aviv)
Hotel 75(Tel Aviv)
2,310 results
All reviewsaubergine restaurantcigar barthe club loungeneve tzedekcarmel marketconcierge servicebreakfast buffetpool staffnice poolguest relationsexecutive roomrooms are spaciouspool area ismediterranean seabusiness loungejaffamartina
Reviewed March 14, 2013

All three concierges helped us with accurate suggestions to enable us to enjoy positive experiences in Tel Aviv. They listened to what I wanted to do, asked thoughtful questions about my expectations and desires, and then offered suggestions for restaurants and sites that met my needs. We are used to, comfortable with, and expect 5 Star Four Seasons / Ritz Carlton level concierge services. The concierges at this hotel are definitely in that top level category.
Moshe even planned our trip to Petra, Jordan by getting us flights to Eilat, a good tour company, helped us with timing and transportation, and even helped us with a reservation to a lovely hotel in Haifa following our tour in Petra, Jordan.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hi lvtrvlChicago, thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass on your comments to our wonderful Concierge. They make it a priority of theirs to help our guests as much as possible! We hope that you enjoyed your tour to Petra and stay in Haifa too.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the David Intercontinental in tel Aviv for a conference. I did get a chance to tour Tel Aviv while there.
The hotel is first class with regard to amenities. The rooms were up to date and comfortable. The concierge was friendly and helpful. The front desk folks were helpful for practical city issues. The staff stored my luggage when I went out of town for a couple of days. Meeting rooms and AV facilities were first class.
The view of the beach promenade and Tel Aviv was quite nice.
the hotel also has easy access to the beach, the shops and restaurants of Neve Tzedek, and old Jaffa.
I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: All rooms good though higher floors provide better views
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Hschub, thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff make it a priority to ensure that our guests enjoy the best possible experience when staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I frequent Tel Aviv and lament the fact that while Tel Aviv's hotel prices compete with Paris, New York, London and even Scandinavian countries, the hospitality industry's standards do not. In short, Tel Aviv offers little bang for lots of buck.

Not so at the David InterContinental, which serves up an acceptable offering by any standard.

No, you're not going to be wowed by this hotel. But compared to, say, the Dan Tel Aviv, where I've also stayed, you get what you pay for here. Or at least I and my friends did.

Standard InterContinental property. Could use a face lift and refurbishment. BUT it's in good enough condition. And it's in a great location, in my book. SO:

Pros:

1. Location: On beach. Yup. 3 minute walk to the bustling Tel Aviv market. 5 minute walk to Neve Tsedek--Tel Aviv's first modern Jewish community. 10 minute walk to Old Jaffa port, the ancient city. Rothschild blvd. is also in walking distance.

2. Standard: Very good hotel. Period.

3. Staff: Good, although they did botch up a special request. To their credit, they quickly fixed it. And with a smile. In Tel Aviv. Very much appreciated.

4. Breakfast: Buffets are buffets (I think they have a la carte too). But this one's really good--with omelet and made-to-order egg bars. Tons of fruits, salads, breads, hot entrees, etc. You won't be disappointed. If you are, stay at one of the other so-called 5 star large hotels in Tel Aviv; they have good breakfast buffets too--that's one thing Tel Aviv does right; BUT the David InterContinental is in my opinion the best.

So, happy stay. BUT, I for one am still working for that wise hotelier who realizes that Tel Aviv offers unique opportunity for a 5-star establishment that wants to earn those high prices they command. The David InterContinental is NOT that hotel; but it's the best that Tel Aviv has going for it--in the non-boutique market. So far.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Hi EternalVagabond25, thank you very much for your comments. We take our guests' opinions very seriously and will be sure to pass on your suggestions to the relevant departments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. We are very proud of the wide variety on offer at our breakfast and are delighted to hear that you got to enjoy it too.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel rooms were very nice. Most impressive was that the hotel was ready for our group, and checked us in very quickly.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, with a nice variety of fresh fruits and spreads.

The location is near the market, and walking distance to nice restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
naamabd, Guest Relations at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Singerred,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We're very glad you were able to fully experience our hotel as well as our neighborhood. On your next stay with us you will be able to sample our newly renovated Spa and Fitness Center.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Gilya Bisk
Guest Relations
David InterContinental Tel Aviv

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Positives about the hotel: has a magnificent location and extensive breakfast spread. Negatives: the staff that I dealt with were exceptionally unfriendly - from the doorman to the receptionist. An example of the poor attitude, they insisted on using the name of the booking agent for my check-in despite having a copy of my passport and credit card. So I was essentially forced to be someone else, despite complaining. The quality of the rooms also need attention. I upgraded my room to club floor in hope of a better quality room, it did not help ....

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
naamabd, Guest Relations at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Hi Tumisang K, thank you for giving us your candid feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our 5 star breakfast buffet and location. Our team always strives to provide outstanding service to our guests, and we are therefore disappointed to hear that other areas did not meet your expectations.

In regards to your name on the reservation, we sincerely apologize that you felt forced to be another person. We can assure you this was not our intention. With reservations coming from an outside agency, our staff are unable to change the details of the reservation itself, and only the agency can change specific details like the name. Our policy states that during such occasions, we add the guest's correct name as an accompany member of the room, this way can we have the correct information and identify the guest correctly.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and exceed your expectations in all areas.