“Unfriendly”

InterContinental David Tel Aviv
Ranked #51 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Positives about the hotel: has a magnificent location and extensive breakfast spread. Negatives: the staff that I dealt with were exceptionally unfriendly - from the doorman to the receptionist. An example of the poor attitude, they insisted on using the name of the booking agent for my check-in despite having a copy of my passport and credit card. So I was essentially forced to be someone else, despite complaining. The quality of the rooms also need attention. I upgraded my room to club floor in hope of a better quality room, it did not help ....

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
naamabd, Guest Relations at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Hi Tumisang K, thank you for giving us your candid feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our 5 star breakfast buffet and location. Our team always strives to provide outstanding service to our guests, and we are therefore disappointed to hear that other areas did not meet your expectations.

In regards to your name on the reservation, we sincerely apologize that you felt forced to be another person. We can assure you this was not our intention. With reservations coming from an outside agency, our staff are unable to change the details of the reservation itself, and only the agency can change specific details like the name. Our policy states that during such occasions, we add the guest's correct name as an accompany member of the room, this way can we have the correct information and identify the guest correctly.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and exceed your expectations in all areas.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental David Tel Aviv

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here for three nights whilst at a conference. It is a lovely hotel but what sets it apart from the rest was the staff. They managed to get the balance between being helpful, engaging and interested without being intrusive, this could be said for people in all roles throughout the hotel. The toiletries in the room were from the Dead Sea and were lovely!

I had breakfast at the hotel and it was well worth a stay just for the delicious and large selection of food available. I was particularly impressed that the tea tasted like tea at home, not usual when abroad.

My only quibble would be the cost of the wi fi connection. It was rather high and the quality was not great. I accepted it and did not think to talk to reception about it. In retrospect I should have let them know and they may have been able to strengthen the signal.

I would happily stay here again and recommend it to others. the flowers and art around the hotel were lovely. I knew and spoke to colleagues who also stayed. We were all impressed and all had rooms with lovely views.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
naamabd, Guest Relations at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Dushkas,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing the best breakfast in town, as it is filled with local and international flavours. We agree our flouriest does provide a unique artistry in all her arrangements throughout the hotel and will pass on your compliments.

We are constantly looking for ways to best service our guests' needs, and you will be pleased to hear that we are currently looking into the best Wi-Fi solutions available. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you again soon at the David InterContinental!

David InterContinental Tel Aviv

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were due to spend the night at the Dan Tel Aviv but left as we were not happy about the indoor pool closure about which we were unaware. It had been one of the main reasons we had booked the hotel and we were very disappointed. We went down to the David InterContinental completely on spec. We had not made a reservation. The lady on reception offered what seemed a reasonable rate and, after a little consideration, we decided to check in; a process which was dealt with using the utmost efficiency and attention to detail. We were even asked what sort of extra bed we would like for our son I.e. sofa bed or rollaway. Never in the years that I have been booking extra beds for him have I been asked this question. We usually just get what there is. Anyway, we chose a room with access to the executive lounge and could not have been more pleased with our stay. We have stayed in 3 other hotels in TLV, all good ones, and have also viewed the Dan Tel Aviv with the same level of room. This was by far the best.
And a word must be said about the staff; attentive and pleasant. We met a positive attitude to service everywhere we went. Thoroughly recommended.
And what is more, you are within walking distance of Neve Tzedek, the beach and Jaffa.

Room Tip: Executive rooms with access to the lounge are well worth the extra.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear HH65,

Thank you for the excellent review! We are delighted to have raised the bar on your 5 star expectations. Our team strives to create memorable experiences for our all our guests and are happy to hear we have achieved this during your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!

David InterContinental Tel Aviv

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Loved this hotel - the area seemed a little scary to me - but once I started walking it I had no trouble. I really enjoyed the shopping - there was an outdoor market called The Shook - great fruit and things to eat. My favorite part of the hotel was the Executive Lounge at the top of the hotel - we all met there every night for snacks and a drink. There was a boardwalk outside and we walked up and down the beach area and stopped in a few places to dine during the week. Great place, felt safe and enjoyed the entire trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the water - the most beautiful sunset I had ever seen.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded March 4, 2013

Dear Charrie63,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our Club Lounge located at the top of the hotel does provide stunning views as well as a great area to relax in. We are very proud of our location and are happy to hear that you enjoyed some of the sites our area has to offer.

On your next stay be sure to visit "Neve Tzedek", which is situated directly behind our hotel. I believe you will enjoy the "SoHo" atmosphere and the restaurants this area has to offer.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Impressive lobby and friendly frontdesk staff. Seafront location of the hotel gives many rooms a great view over the city of Telaviv and the beach. Rooms are spacious. The window does open to allow fresh air into your room. Bathroom is provided with nice dead-sea soap, shampoo and shower gel. The room is well maintained, something I always like when staying at Intercontinental hotels. Breakfast was good and staff came up to me asking if everything was allright twice. Great customer service. A good hotel with nice staff in a good location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
naamabd, Guest Relations at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear DTH70,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We always strive to provide a memorable stay to all our guests and we were delighted to hear about your positive experience. We agree our hotel has a magnificent Lobby and great views of the Tel Aviv city. Our
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I, who travel extensively, just left one of the best hotel experiences ever. The Tel Aviv Intercontinental (aka David Intercontinental) is not only a beautiful facility with comfortable rooms, spacious lobby, and four story white columns gracing the soaring six or eight story restaurant /bar area, but staffed with warm and gracious people who want to help. From Ulyana, breakfast hostess, to Firas, evening bartender, GM David Cohen has done a fantastic job of focusing staff attention on guest needs. The result is icing on the cake of an Israeli tourist experience. Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
naamabd, Guest Relations at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear traveledmore,

Thank you so much for the rave review! There is no greater satisfaction than to hear our guests having a memorable stay. We agree that our staff have hospitality in their hearts and will always go the distance for any of our guests. I have also shared your comments with the rest of the team who are equally happy to receive your feedback.

On your next visit be sure to check out our brand new spa accommodations.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the David InterContinental in Tel Aviv during 3 days in February and this stay was amazing. The hotel is beautiful and has a great location. I had a stunning view over the sea from my bedroom. he bar and the lobby area have been refurbished recently and the atmosphere is just great.
The breakfast in the morning is just somptuous and not to be missed.
All the staff at the hotel is really devoted and you really feel like a star from your check-in till the end of your stay ! I will definitely go back as soon as possible !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Caroline M,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us! We are absolutely delighted to hear that our staff made you feel like a star during your visit; our aim is always to provide a great guest experience and we are very happy to hear how pleased you were with our property.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Tel Aviv!