“Superb hotel.”

Ranked #51 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Toronto, Canada
“Superb hotel.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the David Intercontinental in Tel Aviv for a 4 night holiday. The quality of service from valet parking to the staff in the Club Lounge was excellent. We particularly liked the Concierge having their own office area where we could sit and chat with the Concierge instead of standing in the lobby as is common in many other hotels. The hotel enjoys a fabulous location right next to Neve Tzedek which is a wonderful part of Tel Aviv to visit and enjoy. We have stayed in many hotels in Tel Aviv over our many visits.. The David Intercontinental is one we shall definitely return to next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking west over the Mediteranean. Incredible sunset views!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hi Shleper, thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our Hotel and that you enjoyed our central location with all its great sights. We hope to have you back at our Hotel again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Ensenada, Mexico
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed with my husband here for 5 nights. Even though I was attending a meeting, the 2 last nights were at leisure. The hotel lobby is very pleasant and looks to me very new, I think it has been remodeled recently and looks very nice and the atmosphere is great and spacious. The rooms are good standard and so are the bathrooms. The amenities were great, products from the Dead Sea, even though I do not know if they were because of the meeting I was attending. We also had Nespresso machines, which I find fabulous, and different sorts of waters, fruits, and chocolates.
The pool area is also very inviting. The staff is superb, from the bell boys or waiters to the Director and General Manager of the hotel who were always around helping in any small details. At the restaurants the staff very courteous; one morning like 5 or 6 different persons working there at the buffett came to see if everything was fine....we were really surprised, but could be happier. I really recommed this hotel for business or pleasure to anyone.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi LupsTremac, thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you and your husband had an enjoyable stay at our Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you made use of all the great facilities that our Hotel has to offer. We hope to have you back at our Hotel soon.
pinner
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is well placed between Jaffa and Tel Aviv port first the good we arrived on our anniversary and they left us a cake and a bottle of wine in the room which was a pleasant surprise.
The room was clean and tidied every day with a turn down service,.the room itself was pretty average with a very small bathroom and shower and in my opinion (as with the rest of the Hotel seems dated and in need of a face lift) there is really nothing else the hotel offers in the way of entertainment and if you have kids there is nothing to do except play in the average swimming pool (pretty cold),while we were there they were carrying out refurbishment work downstairs in the pool area so they closed the toilets (which were not particularly convenient anyway as you had to go down steps and a passageway to use them) as they were closed you had to then go in your wet swimsuit through the lounge area to the nearest toilet behind the reception, when I complained to the Duty Manager about the situation he replied he would call house keeping as this was not acceptable and it would be sorted out, it never was and the toilets stayed closed.
After reading other comments from guests I expected more from this class of hotel.So to summerise, average hotel, friendly enough staff, just found the whole David experience pretty boring Loved Tel Aviv but would not stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed well placed ask for Sea view and view of the City
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mougins
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel is well placed in front of the Tel Aviv down town beach, almost walking distance from Jaffa.
It's a classical big, business-like hotel.
The rooms are confortable, clean as well as the bathroom.
I found few things not at the right standard for an expensive 4 star hotel:
- the air conditioning is very difficult to be controlled. You have to keep adjusting it for getting the right temperature.
- a couple of pillow covers of the bed were really worn out...
- the service was not always kind and helpful

On the positive side, breakfast is excellent and wifi connection works well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Hi LeFlorentin-Mougins, thank you for your comments and suggestions we will take everything into account. We are pleased to hear you had a pleasurable stay at our Hotel and hope to have you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel overall was very nice. But once you have a problem, it's hard to get help. I accidentally left an item in my hotel room when we checked out. When I called from our next destination, the staff were extremely unhelpful. Clearly, if it wasn't in Lost & Found, it would be in the possession of the housekeeper or the next room tenant. If they'd acted prompted, I wouldn't have lost the item. My fault for leaving it, yes. But travelers can be tired and distracted, and the hotel staff should be there to help when that happens - especially elderly travelers.

Compare with the Wynn in Las Vegas, where a bellboy - on his own initiative - drove all night to get an elderly visitor's prescription medicine that had been left behind in L.A., and had it back in Vegas for the guest to take it on time in the morning. Now THAT'S helpful.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator and the ice machine - a rule of thumb for all hotels.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear marjuh,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I sincerely apologize for poor service you received from our staff during your stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have stayed there between the 15th of october to 19 of october. invited my nephew to join me to the pool area. They refused his visit asking me to pay to get it to the pool!!!!!! As CEO of internet marketing company travelling all over the word I never experienced any limitation with my guest to common areas. beside the person (girl) in the pool area (bar) was rude and igonroing orders. Pool was super cold. Breakfast was OK minus to Israeli standartd . NO free Wi-fi. All that and they charge you premium amount similar to any 4-5 star in new York City. also when asked for headache medicine like advil (non-subscription) they refused - since " we are not doctors"
Mr. Nahmias

6 Thank Marco N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Marco N,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
new york city
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent a long weekend on a business trip in this terrific hotel.The staff are very attentive and obliging.Try for a room with a view of the mediterranean AND Neve Tzedek. Security is obviously a priority.
Buffet breakfast is exceptional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hi broadway2009, thanks for your comments. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our Hotel and enjoyed the location nearby. We look forward to having you back at our Hotel.