InterContinental David Tel Aviv
$277
$270
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$612
$390
$352
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Rothschild 71(Tel Aviv)
$316
$300
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
2,284 results
All reviewsaubergine restaurantthe club loungeneve tzedekcarmel marketconcierge servicebreakfast buffetpool staffnice poolguest relationsrooms are spaciousexecutive roompool area ismediterranean seabusiness loungejaffamartinaisrael
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is a very large, modern hotel with an outdoor pool and bar and a couple of restaurants inside the hotel. There is also a kids club in the summer but our kids are too old so didn't use it. During August it is very busy - but it did get ridiculously busy over the weekend and sitting by the pool wasn't relaxing in the slightest by the afternoon. It is extremely busy during August and the pool and breakfast areas were very noisy and too busy at times! There wasn't enough pool staff to help you with your sunbed and if you got there too late you were lucky to find one - tho there did seem to be a few guests who had their beds kept clear for most of the day?? the hotel is clean and the food served of a high quality. We had use of the executive lounge as we booked a junior suite as our teenage daughter was with us - this was excellent as we had use of their computers (as wifi is a rip off at $22 a day!) plus there were drinks and some snacks which you could take anytime but again this became very busy and noisy and sometimes we ran out of there. I think this hotel would be fantastic at any other time of the year as some of the staff told us but do think that August is a bad time to go if you don't speak French! There is a spa which seemed busy and the gym is small but does have some cardio and weight equipment but not a lot of room. The gym is free.

Room Tip: try not to get a room near to the lifts as this can be very noisy - we heard one of the guest complaining about this
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We value you as guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Katie Jolley
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Location may seem away from the well known beaches in Tel -Aviv but
The location price wise value was great
Exellent staff and sleeping standarts
It will be my choice again if I visit Tel Aviv

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stay here regularly with work. My most recent trip this week was generally no different to the rest. The lobby has had new furniture which is stylish and comfortable. The room I had was exceptionally comfortable with a large king size bed (no partition in the middle, it was the real thing) and the pillows were exactly as I like them. The bathroom was impeccably clean with a seperate shower and bath and you could swing an elephant in it. Alas this time I did not have a view, my window overlooked another wing of the hotel and part of the small park outside the hotel.

Now for the bad bits. US$22 for 24 hours internet access!?!?!?!?! SHOCKING! If I wasnt so desperate for a connection I wouldnt have bothered. Many posters in tripadvisor complain about wifi charges of $10 in most US hotels....$22 is taking the p.i.s.s ever so slightly! Then there was the room service charge. Although I had only ordered the "TV Snack selection" or something like that. Basically it was a bag of french fries, nachos, bruchetta, various sauces, spring role, olives and peanuts. All well presented but not especially tasty (nachos were cheap and tasted like cardboard and the french fries were soggy. The menu suggested it would only be about $18 but when I checked out this had rose to a whopping $45 dollars based on local taxes and room service charges!
Although I would recommend this hotel from the comfort and security aspect I most certainly would not recommend using any of the ancillary services, its not that I cant afford it, its just I cannot stand greedy over charging for no reason only that they can hold a captive audience to ransom!

Room Tip: Lower rooms have balconys, higher rooms do not!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Irishstandards
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed here on the first leg of our Israel trip. We traveled in a group of 16. The hotel staff were for the most part friendly and helpful. We had an adjoining room because we had two little ones. It was spacious and clean. There is a wall mounted hairdryer in the bathroom; it is one of those cheap ones that will eat your hair if you have long hair. Due to an Israeli fire code, the only other outlet in the bathroom is part of the hairdryer unit. I used it with an adapter and fried my flat iron. Oh well; Tel Aviv is so humid, it hardly mattered. The bathroom does not have a separate water closet, which is inconvenient, but since we had two bathrooms it wasn't a big deal. The king sized bed was really two twins put together, so if you were in the middle, you felt as if you were going to roll down to the side. The mattress was firm. The towels were thin and rough. The bathroom toiletries were decent.
When we were leaving, one of our group put her small carry on bag on the glass topped end table in the lobby and was loudly and rudely reprimanded by the bellman. It was inappropriate. His behaviour was the exception, though.
The concierge made great recommendations for dinners, which we arranged ahead of time due to our large group.
The beach is not really accessible from the hotel; you must walk a few blocks in either direction.
The pool was crowded but clean. The food at the pool was surprisingly good.
My stepdaughter and I had massages in the spa. The spa itself was rather simple, but we each had a good experience. Be forewarned that if you are self conscious or prudish, this might not be the place for you, as the massage is more European vs. American modest, so you will be exposed a bit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank notfrequentflier
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Very nice hotel on the seafront, only minutes walk from the beach. If you can, get rooms with a balcony facing the sea. Be warned though, that there is only a low glass wall separating you from your neighbour so don't bother if privacy is your thing. The staff are friendly and helpful (in particular, Roy, whose surname I've forgotten).
The rooms are spacious and my bed was massive. There is also a small sofa in the room, which is always a nice touch. I had room service, which was ok - I've had better food outside the hotel but I was feeling lazy that day. It's also quite pricey, but I guess the norm for a hotel of this standard. If you feel like venturing out of the hotel, Carmel Market is about 10 minutes away or if you turn right once you get to the beach, there are a whole load of bars and restaurants a very short walk away. Alternatively, if you turn left, Jaffa is not too far away.
There is a swimming pool and small gym.
My only gripe, and this applies to lots of other hotels, is the cost of internet access. I really have no idea why it should be so expensive. At the very least there should be free wifi in the lobby, but that's just my opinion.
Enjoy Tel Aviv - it's a great city!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business