“Home away from home!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
London, United Kingdom
“Home away from home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our favoured hotel in Tel Aviv is always the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv beach - it feels like home away from home. Very comfortable and with very good service too. We stayed here twice this month (June 2014) and although we did experience some hickups, these were sorted out to our satisfaction very soon. Ivo and Rachel in the Club Lounge are people who excel at making guests feel welcomed, and Irene in the Dining Room is a fabulous lady, always smiling and a great organiser, always busy to ensure that guests are recognised and welcomed in her own special way! A guy with the surname Alexander was very good at clearing tables and most attentive at getting us fresh coffee and refills too; he is just one of the many servers that made us feel 'at home'. We were indeed glad to be back!

Room Tip: the 9th floor is great if you are choosing a Club room as it is on the same floor as the Club Lounge...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ivo J, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Ms./Mr. indianlil,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are particularly appreciative of your comments about Rachel and Ivo. Your comments will be shared with them, and our entire personnel, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach a leader in excellence.

Idit Simon
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights as the City Centre was fully booked.

I really love the location of this hotel, perfect for the beach, Tel Aviv Port, the old town and the Marina.

The rooms are tired and do need updating. I was upgraded to a large room/junior suite due to my IHG status. I do believe there are some upgraded and new rooms in this hotel but I was not given one of these. The view from the balcony kind of made up for the avocado bath room!

As I previously said on my review of the City Centre Crown Plaza, I think the recognition of IHG platinum guests is pretty naf in Israel. I was told by the reception team that Israel does things differently and don't offer the same benefits as the rest of the IHG group in other Countries. This is really poor and I feel like they need to review the benefits for the most loyal guests. I do expect to be able to access the club lounge when I travel and it is disappointing that it is very expensive to buy access even as platinum.

Having stayed here, and at the City Centre Crowne Plaza, I don't think I would stay again. Just underwhelmed and felt unvalued as a guest. Not the usual feeling I get with IHG (as i write this I am in the Holiday Inn Tbilisi and WOW it is out of this world in every way)

The service here was better, the bar and reception team were very friendly.

PRO'S
-location; perfect for the beach, Tel Aviv port and exploring the city.
-cleanliness
-nice bar and lobby restaurant
-friendly staff
-room upgrade

CON'S
-poor recognition for IHG rewards members
-limited access to club lounge and excessive charges for IHG rewards members.
-lacklustre concierge (was grunted at when I asked for a taxi)

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room. all rooms have a sea view so don't pay any extra :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ivo J, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Mr. Paul T,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology.

After a thorough investigation of this matter, our findings conclude you've been booked a standard room. Not only in Israel, but worldwide, one should book a club room in order to have access to the club lounge, room upgrade notwithstanding.

I'm trying to understand what situations took place that left you feeling disappointed with our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel and assure you the remarks you pointeted out will be reviewed and most certainly addressed. We take very seriously the confidence our guests place in us and we work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Guest Services manager
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach was fully booked, yet if we had a query or problem of any kind, it was answered and sorted without delay. Ideally situated on the beach, yet within minutes of the city centre. We felt completely relaxed and at ease in all areas of the hotel. Must give an extra special mention to Ivo and Rachel, hosts of the Club Lounge, who made an excellent stay, even more perfect.

Room Tip: Confirm your booking nearer to your start date.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ms. Silvi321,

Idit Simon
Hotel Manager
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a week in May 2014. The hotel is okay. The only reason to stay at the hotel is that it's on the beach. The beach is beautiful and you can't get any closer.

The hotel would've received 2 or 3 stars if it wasn't for the charge that I received on my credit card 3 weeks after leaving the hotel.

I was told that the charge was for breakfast each day, mini bar and lobby drinks. Breakfast was included in my stay. I did not take anything from the minibar. I did not buy any drinks in the lobby. I explained this to reception who told me that the manager would call me back. The manager never called or emailed me.

I have been hung up on several times. I have been transferred from person to person with no one being able to help. I have also spent 2 hours on hold. I now have to go to my credit card company because the hotel doesn’t care and isn’t doing anything about it.

It’s unacceptable that a hotel will charge its guests for fake charges in hopes that the customer doesn’t look at his credit card statement.

Room Tip: Check your credit card after you visit!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steven B
Dear Mr. Steven B,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding charges incurred during your stay at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv. While we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

After a thorough investigation of this matter, our findings conclude the charges are correct:

Your travel agent has booked at a room only basis. It means, not including breakfast.

Eventually, whenever one misplaces items within the minibar, these are automatically charged.

However, as an expression of gratitude for your continued patronage, and because we value you as a customer, we have issued a credit to your credit card as reimbursement for these charges.

If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact us directly.

washington, dc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here one night for a business trip. The location is great; however, the hotel room I stayed in on a high up floor with a king bed and balcony/Sea view, was gross. The entire floor smelled like food and the floor was also the service entrance for employees. The room also seemed dirty - brown and ugly/worn. Service-wise, everyone was really nice; check-in was easy. However, for the price and location, I recommend staying at the Herods Tel Aviv Beach, just next door. I didn't eat at the hotel but did enjoy the bar...the staff and drinks were nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr./Mrs. nbm5b,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach, and for your recent comments.

I'm trying to understand what situations took place that left you feeling disappointed with our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel and assure you the remarks you pointed out will be reviewed and most certainly analized. We take very seriously the confidence our guests place in us and we work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

We are confident you will give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

The CP is right on Tel Aviv's beach, next 2 the center. All rooms have a balcony with the sea view.
Big size room with a bath tub.
The food was excellent.
Free wifi.
We loved the service (Idit, Arthur and Rachel from the CPC).
Warmly recommended for families!

Room Tip: Try to choose 5th floor and above
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Joe_Stone_9658,

We are particularly appreciative of your comments about Idit, Rachel and Arthur. Your comments will be shared with them, and our entire personnel, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach a leader in excellence.

Lille, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Nice beach hotel well located.
Club room was spacious with a couch and bathtub in bathroom. Cupboard, drawers, safe. Coffee and tea with boiler. Free wifi. Nice breakfast buffet.
Great staff, efficient, smiling and very kind especially Jad at reception !
Above expectations. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank FrancisOaul
Dear Mr. FrancisOaul,

We are particularly appreciative of your comments about Jad. Your comments will be shared with him, and our entire personnel, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach a leader in excellence.