“A Real Diamond”

Oasis
Ranked #64 of 1,693 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: I believe that to being a Chef is not the simple matter of making a career choice, and embarking on a fast-track to a specific goal in a casual manner, misguidedly hoping first for glory or desiring fame. My cuisine is based on 30 years of experience in the best kitchens of California and the world. I base each menu specifically on absolutely the best examples available of produce, fish, and seafood, both local and from abroad, only in their proper seasons. I let the ingredients speak for themselves, letting them tell me what they wish to be transformed into. This way, I respect them and let them shine in their natural perfection." "WHAT KIND OF RESTAURANT IS IT" We simply do not have an answer... We change every day, we cook extremely elevated and complex dishes, we cook "street food" and "culinary in-jokes", we cook tributes to people we love, to places, to memories.... We are influenced by our experiences from around the world, our crew, our lovers and our friends
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Amazing meal ... one of the best I've ever had ... anywhere. Chef Rima personally prepares each inventive dish on the menu, which changes frequently. The night I visited Oasis, the menu was a mix of Asian dishes, with Spanish and Mexican accents. Recommend everyone at your table share and sample from each other. An untasted dish will be a missed opportunity. Atmosphere is a bit spartan and tight but I understand Rima is soon moving her team to new digs. Hope you enjoy as I did.

2  Thank JD111

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Best place to eat in Tel- Aviv, if not the whole country!
Rima and Her amazing staff make you feel right at home, and the food, my god the food, it is amazing! there is no describing it simply, amazing and unique.
the best place for a special evening!

1  Thank Danielsop
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

According to the dictionary Oasis is an isolated area of vegetation in a desert, typically surrounding a spring or similar water source. When people say Oasis they usually mean an extraordinary area/island surrounding by the ordinary, and this describes best this small warm great place. The chef, Rima Ari Olvera (and I highly recommend to look at her page on Facebook), came to us from California and brought with her professionalism, creativity, imagination and more than all a lot of love. A love to people, to food and to what she is doing. I'm sure that Rima would be great in every profession she would have chosen, lucky for us she choose to be a cook. It starts even on entering the place, look at the door, a piece of art by itself. If you get lucky and there is place seat on the "chef's table", from here you will have a chance yo see how she prepares the food and some times she will also explain you and give you a taste from this or that. The menu has some constant dishes (like the zucchini salad and the 'fake' porcini, the best fried Denis I ever tasted made in Vietnamese style), but mostly she cooks according to what she found in the market, brought from a trip abroad, grew in her garden or just had the feeling for it. Yesterday for example she had a great buttered half lobster (to die for), an excellent Sheitel cooked on one side (medium rare), an amazing sashimi with fresh grounded wasabi (first time I saw the root), and a "WoW" gnocchi. If not anything else the desserts are to die for: we had the great salty caramel ice-cream with almonds, Rimas kiss which is a great Tiramisu like magic, and a the nice tiny sorbets which are a wonderful way to finish the unforgettable meal. With the desserts they give you a small Yasmin tea cappuccino. With this we had the great "Lenon" wine from sea horse winery (Suson Yam).
We went to this restaurant in the last year more than 5 times and there is always something new. Never felt a disappointment, and always say to ourselves: we must come again next week.

1  Thank Itsik L
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We come here quite often. The best restaurant in town. Innovative and original, yet cosy food. All the dishes, including wonderful deserts are excellent . The chef table is the place to be!

1  Thank Tsvi F
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is a real intimate place. Decor is fairly simple and it is almost like your are in the kitchen with the Chef. This means you get to watch Rima at work with her staff and it is fun and entertaining as she tosses the pans and flambes. The menu varies frequently and the night we went it offered great choices. Everything we ordered (3 starters and 4 different mains) were superb. There are dishes with a Spanish twist, Italian influence and Japanese - real fusion at its best. For a party of six we ended up ordering all 6 desserts on offer. Each of these was also fantastic - different but not overly complicated. Service was also attentive and friendly. Highly recommended. We will definitely go back. Reservations are crucial.

1  Thank Plsugarman