“The name doesn't lie!”

The Rothschild Hotel - Tel Aviv's Finest
Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Rothschild IS Tel Aviv's finest! We spent 3 nights at the hotel & look forward to returning. The location is perfect in the middle of the city The entire staff are there to be of service the staff are all so...attentive to the guests needs be it to assist with luggage, to give directions, to suggest local attractions. At breakfast one morning there was a special bread pudding for the holidays. The manager came to our table stating we must try the specialty & brought one to the table. You are made to feel as if you are at home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Rothschild Hotel - Tel Aviv's Finest

Reviewed January 14, 2014

As a New Yorker, my standards for excellent service are quite high but the staff at the Rothschild nevertheless far exceeded them. I've visited Israel many times, usually staying in Herzliya, but business this trip brought me to Tel Aviv. Everything about my five day stay was superb. From check-in to check-out I was treated with the utmost courtesy and all requests were addressed promptly (which if you're familiar with Israeli service, is NOT the norm). The food at the restaurant was delicious and very inventive, so much so that I dined there three times for dinner. My trip was for business purposes, so I did not spend much time utilizing any on-site amenities but the suite in which I stayed was spacious, and the decor simple yet elegant. There seemed to be many discerning business travelers staying there from all over Europe and quite a few from New York. I will never stay in another hotel so long as my travels bring me to Tel Aviv. Oh, and the location is fantastic -- smack in the middle of the city next to great streets like Shenkin and Dezingoff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I have traveled extensively for the past 40 years and currently spend at least a week in Paris and in St. Paul (behind Nice, at the Colombe d'Or) annually. From our experience The Rothschild Hotel captures all of the low key elegance found in various of the Relais & Chateaux properties, and is unique in this regard in all of Israel. Five pound towels not seen elsewhere, a limited number of rooms, an attentive staff, every modern convenience ( free wi-fi in every room is taken for granted, try $28.00 daily, not even in the lobby in the Herod) and an ownership simply committed to bringing forward the ultimate experience clicks here. It simply is not to be found anywhere else in this country. We stayed two nights (Jan 8 and 9, 2014). It made our stay in Tel Aviv extremely pleasurable. If you can get in don't pass it by.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed at this fine hotel for 1 night, in a room facing the boulevard (front).
As much as we came with high expectations after reading the reviews, I must admit that it exceeded our expectations.
The interior decoration and design (with attention to details), situated in an historic building makes it all a unique experience by itself.

Excellent service by all staff members (front desk, waiters) and the owner which took personal interest to make us feel welcomed.
The location of the hotel is also one of its virtues, as located at the heart of Tel Aviv, at a walking distance from various attractions and restaurants.
Breakfast was great and served ‘a-la-carte’, which I personably prefer over the standard “buffet” served in other hotels.
Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I think it is not a 5 star hotel, maybe 4 star is ok. I had the room 14 on the 1st floor, so i heard every noise from the restaurant. Besides the airconditioning system was even louder than my tv. The filtered water in a vase smelled not that fresh and was impossible to drink. Two boys at the reception desk 25.12.13 were too "busy" to help us with the luggage and to answer all our questions. Never the less there were some good things like the restaurant. I don't know what to think about the other hotels if Rothschild goes firt on the list here!

1  Thank Dmegorova
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This review is so overdo- I stayed at the property in September.
The interiors of the hotel are well thought out, as there are many special touches throughout. The room was very quiet, comfortable and contained every amenity that would be necessary for a comfortable stay. I had the pleasure of enjoying the restaurant on several occasions; the food was beautifully prepared and delicious. The highlight of The Rothschild is the service! I was traveling alone, but could not have felt more welcome. The staff could not have been more professional or friendly, the owners did an excellent job in pulling this amazing team together. I also had the pleasure of getting to know Anat (owner), who could have not been more kind and generous. Such a lovely individual. I look forward to my next visit to Israel, and will definitely stay at this property. Gayle

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I wish we had had more time to spend in the Hotel Rothschild as it is was one of the most pleasant boutique city hotels we have ever stayed in. The rooms were modern and spotlessly clean, an expresso machine in every room - the bathroom with the rain shower head was wonderful - did not want to get out of it! The hotel is central and based in a leafy street with a wonderful central walk and bikeway which takes you down towards the sea. The owner helped with our luggage and was extremely welcoming - he deserves a commendation for running such a great hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple