“I wish I was Rothschild !”

The Rothschild Hotel - Tel Aviv's Finest
Ranked #10 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Maccabim
“I wish I was Rothschild !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed for the weekend and loved every minute of our stay! I loved the beautiful style, the warm atmosphere and the excellent staff service. The hotel is perfectly clean. The location is perfect and the restaurant serve high quality food which suited my personal taste : vegetarian and sea food.
I fully recommend it for tourists and Israelites who want to enjoy a vacation in Tel aviv. I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Hebrew first
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Th owners and staff of this small boutique hotel are extremely warm, accomodating and efficient.We had to cancel a trip to Petra because of an accident and they went out of their way to get us another flight to Eilat and a day trip to Petra. Truely an "over the top" staff and lovely people.
Robert and Diane N.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

There are not enough nice things we could say about The Rothschild Hotel. Our stay there this past week (end of May) was perfect and without question we know we'll stay here the next time we come to Tel Aviv. Really was a great complement to our great vacation in Tel Aviv.

The hotel was most importantly, FABULOUSLY located. We thought at first we should stay near the beach, but boy are we glad we didnt. No hotel on the beach could compare to the quality of The Rothschild or the price (so reasonable). This hotel is a 5/10/15 minute walk to the beach, to Neve Tszdek, Shuk HaCarmel market, the arts fair on Tuesday/Fridays, the Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Ben Gurion's House, Dizengoff St, Ben Yehuda St, etc - but even closer to Shenkin St and Allenby St. Walking on Rothschild Blvd itself is so nice watching people bike, walk their dogs, or just stopping at a kiosk for coffee or a snack. Taxis also go by a lot if you are in need.

other excellent features of the hotel:
-impeccably clean - both rooms and common areas in the lobby
-FANTASTIC air conditioning
-courteous staff
-yummy breakfast
-very well stocked bar
-so detail oriented. even the bathroom mirror doesnt fog in the center!

one thing that we really loved was that the rooms were not carpeted. this is rare to find in a hotel, but such a treat when this is the case. the floors are a stone I believe and makes the atmosphere so much nicer than traditional stained carpet.

I am not the type of person who usually writes reviews, but our stay here was so excellent that we think the hotel should get the recognition it deserves. The Rothschild Hotel is even so loyal that you get a discount should you return. No chain hotel ever offers that.

Room Tip: I didn't have a balcony and found no need for one. The view into the courtyard from my pretty w...
2 Thank Gabi J
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Rothchild, in May, as a single female traveller. They made me feel very welcomed and they bent over backwards to help me with ideas and side trips for my stay. The concierge (Emite) found me an excellent guide for travelling in the North who did exactly what I wanted ie. nature hikes, and for a reasonable price. When I returned after my travelling to stay there for my last night I felt they welcomed me back like family.

The hotel is spotlessly clean, quiet to sleep (yes you might hear a door slam when other guests return but that is pretty standard in all hotels). The sheets, duvets, pillows were fluffy and of high quality. Breakfast was super, and I asked for a Spinach omelette and dare I say, it was the best omelette I have ever eaten in my life ? The bread was also delicious and they always say you can tell a place by the way it gets the simple things right. I ate there for a couple of nights and it was delicious and delicate, sophisticated presentation.

Afterwards, I walked the neighbourhood and I felt completely safe, and enlivened by this cool, hip Boulevard. It was wonderful to see all the kids playing and the older people playing boules in the middle of the street lined with pretty trees in the balmy warm evenings. The Rothschild has a great location.

I also stayed for 2 nights at one of the most famous hotels in Tel Aviv and it was a huge disappointment, the room was not clean - even dirty, and I was just a number. Having the beach and a pool were the only reasons for staying. If having a pool is important to you, as it is to me, I would stay at the Rothschild and make some arrangement to use another pool or rent a beach spot.

I stayed on the 4th floor. The only criticism I would have is that the shampoo was so "organic" I could not lather my hair properly so you might want to bring your favourite shampoo. Other than that I loved this place and would not hesitate to recommend it.

I hope this helps someone and I hope you enjoy your time as I did in this wonderful, vibrant city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Swimmingfairy
Zoran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent - taking a trip with the "Tel -Ofan bikes " from Rothschild only 50 meters from the hotel. The hotel is very clean and the stuff is friendly.
The hotel includes a parking which is very impotent in Tel-Aviv...

3 Thank Nir l
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel is very well designed. The service was perfect. The studio room is amazing. We had a beautiful and unforgatable stay. Love it!!the location is perfect. We parked the car and didnt use it through the stay.we will defenatly come again soon!! Ythe staff was very friendly!

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I'm never a fan of the mega hotels so I have stayed in may smaller hotels. This one was one of the best. From the moment I walked in the door after a 12 hour trip the ladies behind the desk were helpful and friendly, genuinely wanting to know about my well being. The room was great. The people courteous and knowledgeable about the area and places to go. The food in the restaurant was excellent. The owner came up to me and really cared about my experience and my travels. The location was perfect, on Rothchild boulevard and away from the tourist trap area on the beach... Perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo