“Superb seafood along the seashore...in Tel Aviv”
Review of Fortuna Del Mar

Fortuna Del Mar
Ranked #210 of 1,614 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Wisconsin
“Superb seafood along the seashore...in Tel Aviv”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This restaurant was highly recommended to my wife and I by the staff of the hotel where we staying, the Armon Hayarkon. In fact, the hotel staff even called and made the reservation for us! It took a little bit for us to find this restaurant as we weren’t too clear on the walking directions, especially at night, but once we found it along the beach boardwalk we were seated at a small table inside (the staff here seemed a bit confused about our “reservation,” but they were very accommodating and seated us anyway).

I ordered Coquilles St. Jacques which was outstanding. The waiter was concerned that it might not be enough for me (I believe there were perhaps 6 or so large scallops) and pointed out that this was all that came with the order (in many if not most of the dining establishments we visited in Tel Aviv and Haifa, everything was ala carte unless specified otherwise on the menu). I wasn’t looking for a big meal that evening and, given the pricing of this dish, I really didn’t want to spend more shekels/dollars, either. As it turned out, the dish was easily the best Coquilles St. Jacques I’ve ever had. The scallops were succulent. As the number remaining in my dish began to dwindle, I started cutting them into smaller and smaller pieces and really savoring every bite. It was beyond words.

Again, the pricing was seemingly a bit high, but Tel Aviv and Israel in general is not inexpensive despite a fairly good exchange rate at the time of our travel. For an oceanfront restaurant serving this quality, it was value received. We would definitely dine in Fortuna del Mare again should we ever have the good fortune (no pun intended) to return to Tel Aviv. Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank CyFyGy

• Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Beautiful”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Simple and good products food, relaxing in the picturesque scene of white painted wood, medditeranean sea and and the marina sail boats ,good selection of Greek music & nice guests and friendly service Had a great evening

• Visited February 2012