“A real boutique hotel in Tel Aviv”
Review of The Rothschild 71

The Rothschild 71
Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I wanted to avoid the usual run down hotel rooms when staying in tel aviv and many or most of even the top hotel brand properties are just that. I decided after reading the reviews to give this hotel a chance. In this picky travelers experience this is the real deal. Yes this is the closet to perfection in the city. From the moment you arrive, to the warm cozy open style check in process that is also the reception and concierge all wrapped in to one.
The rooms are clean and updated. The most amazing thing I found was that all the things in the room actually worked and worked well. Meaning the tv was not broken. The shower door worked, the rain-shower head was good. The coffee machine was well stocked as was the mini bar. The bathroom was clean and cleaned daily. The towels were not thin damp, smelly and overused or worn, but clean and fluffy. Same with the bed linens. These are basic things I have just not experienced in any of the other local hotels and need I say more.
I was looking to find this hotel falling in the same category as many other hotels but they have really stepped up their game. Someone or somebody or the entire team have found a way to make this hotel a true gem in the heart of tel aviv. This hotel is refreshing and welcomed in a city where service, details and maintenance is always overlooked or forgotten very quickly.
The hotel staff were all extremely helpful and no request or question was an issue. I needed a few things sorted regarding getting around the city and had literally a hundred questions and I was dealing with Jonathan. He was really patient helpful and really helped me out.
In closing the only negatives are the wifi was weaker on the higher floors and that it does not get super popular and goes south. I hope this place keeps its charm and magic and does not go the way of most local hotels, being that this a boutique hotel in the real sense in a city full of wannabes. Until my next trip to your great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurence31
Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We enjoyed our night at The Rothschild. The rooms are nice, clean, spacious with trendy decor. The amenities were also very nice: robes, soaps, shampoos, tea,coffee etc. The staff was very friendly. Check-in and out was smooth and fast. There was not a problem when we asked for a late check-out. The breakfast, which was at the cafe next door was great! Overall a very positive experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose to stay at the Rothschild 71 for a true Tel Aviv experience. On previous trips, I have stayed at large hotels on the beach, but this time I wanted a smaller boutique hotel in the heart of the city. The Rothschild 71 was perfect in every way. My lovely room had a fantastic view of the boulevard. The lobby is a comfortable, chic living space where guests can congregate or relax with a book or a glass of wine. There are wonderful cafes, restaurants and coffee houses just steps from the hotel. The hotel is so centrally located and so much of the city is accessible by foot - the beach, Neve Tzedek, Carmel Market, Allenby Street, Dizengoff Street and so much more. The hotel staff is superb and truly want to help in every way possible. My family and I will definitely be returning to the Rothschild 71 for all of our future visits to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank stonesmanmiami
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We loved our stay at the Rothschild 71 (NOT to be confused with the Rothschild). First, the staff was wonderful. In particular Dovrat. She was amazingly nice and really made us feel so comfortable. We have stayed in lots of hotels and B&Bs all over the world and I have to say we have never felt more welcomed, more comfortable, or more valued. If the owners are reading this -- you should really give Dovrat a raise and do what you can to make sure she stays with you. She really made the difference.
The hotel is in a great location. Rothschild street has lots of restaurants and is walking distance to Jaffa, the markets (Carmel and Levinsky), and to the super cute neighborhood of Neve Tzedek. You can pretty much walk to all of the best Tel Aviv restaurants and really great shops. You can also walk to beach (it is a little bit of a walk, but totally doable).
We included breakfast in our stay. I highly recommend that. The breakfast at Cantina is great and I think the value is great.
The rooms were very comfortable.
When we come back to Tel Aviv we will absolutely stay here.
Also, the restaurant 2 doors down is great for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kangaroo2010
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm back for the 3rd time and there is no place I would rather stay! The staff, the rooms, the interaction with other guests in the living room/lobby combined with amazing hospitality makes the Rothschild 71 the place for me when I come to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I spent nine days at the Rothschild 71. I had an executive suite which provided me with a living room area, office area, bedroom and bathroom. The Rothchild 71 is perfect for such a stay.
The location could not be better. It was possible to walk to most of the places I wanted to visit. There are many wonderful restaurants in the area.
But what makes the Rothchild 71 special is the staff. They are wonderful people that are friendly, helpful, resourceful and feel like family. The lobby area has places to sit with guests, have coffee or water and in the evenings, some bubbly Israeli wine.
Be careful, there is another hotel close by called The Rothchild. It is a bit more up scale but does not have a real lobby. It does have a great restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Located on the Rothschild Boulevard, this hotel is close to everything. Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby, within walking distance of Carmel Markets, and the beach. They have access to a gym nearby. The staff make you feel right at home - all genuinely very friendly. This is a boutique hotel without a pretentious character, and with a tremendously homely and friendly feel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends