“outstanding experience all round”
Review of The Rothschild 71

The Rothschild 71
Ranked #1 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at this great hotel offering outstanding personal service for 6 nights. We booked direct which and were offered a free upgrade to a very large suite. Everything was spotless, modern, clean lines as per the website and right in the centre of Tel Aviv, brilliantly positioned for walking all over the city. This area is alive, vibrant and Rothschild Bvld is lined with one great restaurant after another. You are given two choices for breakfast options - walking 1 minute to either a restaurant or coffee bar who offer Rothschild hotel customers great breakfast options. We preferred the Hillel Cafe option where there is free wifi.
In fact there is free wifi most everywhere in this go ahead lively city.
We have not been to Tel Aviv in 17 years and can't wait to go back. The hotel offers a great concierge service and can help with any sort of itinerary during your stay. Alon who heads a great team was personable, approachable and very helpful.
Rooms are light, spacious and modern with everything you can possibly need for a comfortable stay in Tel Aviv. Will definitely be back and thank you for a great 21st introduction to a fabulous city.

1  Thank lisaberlin
There are newer reviews for The Rothschild 71

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is good. It *might* even be great. It is not amazing though and I wonder why it has such amazing reviews. Maybe I missed something.

I travel to Tel Aviv a lot on business and I normally stay at very boring business style hotels - like the Hilton or the Crowne Plaza. In my personal travel I really like to stay at cool little boutique hotels with some character so feel I can judge the Rothschild against both.

The hotel is well located - right in the middle of Rothschild Boulevard. The decor is "boutique hotel" but not very inspirational. A little mid-century modern, a little European in feel. All in all its absolutely pleasant but it won't win any design awards.

I really think that I will be in a minority (and judging from the other reviews I am) BUT there are a few things that I personally didn't like that much:

1) There is no reception desk. instead members of staff are just sitting around in the lounge area with a laptop. This made me feel like i would be disturbing them by asking for assistance. Also its not entirely clear who works in the hotel and who is a guest. Which I found a little strange. The staff were perfectly pleasant once i had identified them.

2) There are no eating facilities. No room service. No breakfast. No snacks in your room. At these prices it would be good to have access to some food. Of course there are many restaurants on Rothschild Boulevard but bearing in mind that there are literally no other facilities at the hotel - I did question what I was paying a relatively high price for.

I was told by one of the staff members that the Rothschild isn't a hotel but is instead "serviced apartments" and whilst its true that my room consisted of a tiny bedroom and a reasonably sized living room plus a tiny shower room (no bath - which is a pet hate of mine) - so could be termed an "apartment", there are no cooking facilities. Which I thought was strange as there is room for a small cooker or whatever. You could hardly stay there unless you are going to eat out for all of your meals. In which case - why stay at a serviced apartment?

3) Finally when I received my bill (900 USD) for three nights. It was split into 450 USD for "rent" and 450 USD for "services". I questioned this and was told it was quite normal. I stay in a lot of hotels and it is not quite normal. I asked to have the invoice showing the true cost of the room and not split it into different line items (I need this to claim back expenses) and was told that it wasn't possible because of the Rothschild's own tax affairs. I just think this is weird and it will cause me a lot of extra administration and explanation when claiming my spend back from my company. It looks like i spent 450 USD on services... What services? - the hotel doesn't even have any facilities...

In summary this *IS* a really nice boutique hotel - but its not as great as other boutiques I have stayed at, is also quite expensive for what you get (basically no facilities at all) and for ME just wasn't at all what I had expected.

In fairness most residents DID seem to be having a great time but because I was there for business this didn't really suit.

TLDR: Good not great boutique hotel in a fantastic location, absolutely zero facilities, and a "too cool for school" vibe which left me feeling like I would have been better off somewhere else whilst travelling on business.

Room Tip: if you like having a bath - make sure you ask as some rooms only have a shower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank disorg
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great location on Rothschild Blvd. We went to several excellent restaurants within a few blocks. In our two weeks in Israel and 5 different hotels the staff here were the friendliest and most helpful. Breakfast was included and we had a choice of two different restaurants to go to and order off a limited menu of different Israeli breakfasts which were included in our rate. Both were right next door. The Hillel cafe had 4 choices and The Cantina had 3. We tried both, Both were good, and the cooked portion (eggs, etc.) were made specifically for you. For our room, we were upgraded to a suite which had a living room, kitchen, bedroom, hall with closet & bathroom. We had full control of the air conditioning, although not quite as much air made it into the bedroom. Large bathroom with good amenities, but OK counter space, as long as you utilized the shelf over the Toilet. The only disappointment was the pillows were very soft feather pillows so your head sunk down to the bed. This hotel offered coffee and tea & cookies all day in the lobby & wine in the later afternoons.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We spent 6 nights at the hotel and were completely satisfied. The location on Rothschild Boulevard is wonderful: you are surrounded by shops, restaurants, cafes and are within easy walking of culture spots such as the Tel Aviv Museum of Art.
Make sure that you visit the old restored town of Jaffa and additionally, the walk from the New Port area that follows all of the various beaches back to Jaffa is lovely.
Staff in the hotel were very helpful in terms of restaurant recommendations and other top local tips
A superb base in which to visit a fabulous city!

Room Tip: Side rooms are quieter (obviously in a city)
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Rothschild delivers a great service within a very good surrounding in Tel Avivs most famous street/blvd.

Everything was great
Rooms
a highly motivated team

There was no swimming pool unfortunately, but the beach is more than enough.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed for one night, as we live close by and just took some time off from our house chores. It has a perfect location with a walking distance to all Tel aviv has to offer ( beaches, fine dining, shops etc) and a clean, well equipped room. Another important thing is the excellent value for the money - it was cheaper than other boutique hotels and does not fall behind in all terms.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed overnight here before heading to Europe.

Excellent staff with comfortable rooms with plenty of "gifts" for guess in the rooms in the form of complementary water, nuts, apricots, dates etc.

In walking distant of beach, restaurant etc. The nicest part of the room was the bathroom. clean, comfortable ayout.