1,151 results
All reviewsliving roomthe cantinagreat locationin the heart of tel avivexecutive suitehome away from homebauhaus buildingwonderful boutique hotelreception areacoffee machinewhite cityroom was largefree bikeshappy hourcentral locationneve tzedekcomfortable rooms
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just returned from a trip to Tel Aviv. My daughter, who lives there, found the Rothschild through a friend. We stayed for four different nights over 10 days and ended up having 3 different rooms. Each was lovely, clean and comfortable. Great linens and mattresses. Free wifi. All of the staff were warm and helpful. The reception area is set up like a living room and the check in is completed in a comfortable chair. I highly recommend the Rothschild for people who like the feel of a boutique hotel. Oh, and the location can't be beat.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter as Rothschild Blvd is a popular place to stroll and there are a couple of excellent restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JuliaNY
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice little boutique hotel in a fab location. I travelled with work and the suites are fine, nice seperate living room and AV equipment. The staff are lovely and it has almost everything you'd expect. Wifi was pretty quick and minibar was cheap.

A couple of points that let it down:
* Check in took forever (the wait just to see someone was over half an hour and my colleagues who arrived later in the week took over an hour to complete check in!)
* No explaination as to where/what time breakfast is (in the seperate restaurant out the front), also the people in the restaurant serving breakfast had no english menu and spoke very little English themselves.
* the street noise is quite loud, even with the windows closed
* There was no bath in my suite - Not such an issue on business, but had I stayed on holiday I would have been disappointed.
Other than that, though, for a boutique hotel it was pretty nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Antonia G
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around mid-day. The reception is a cosy living room, very non-formal, sofas, books and the woman - Tova - was very helpful. We were poured glasses of cold lambrusco (which we later learned is free @ the reception area, together with coffee and cookies). We were upgraded to a suite - with a huge bonus - a balcony facing Rotschild Bd. The room is spacious, very clean and pampering - with a large nice shower and a comfortable bed. A cute little stereo with an ipod docking station meant we had our music; a nescafe espresso machine meant we had nice coffee. OTH refreshments and fruit were nice.

They have a breakfast arrangement with the Cantina resturant downstairs which we didn't use.

All in all, a gem in the best of the best location in Tel Aviv, for sure. The nicest resturants and bars are all 2 minutes away - on foot. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We opted to stay on Rothschild Blvd instead of on the sea. And we are very happy we made the choice we did. This hotel is quite special and has clearly thought through how to make a guest's stay enjoyable and stress-free. Remarkable in any big city, all the more so in Tel Aviv.

The "front desk" staff are excellent. (I put that in quotation marks because there is no standard front desk -- you enter and are greeted in a friendly almost living room-like atmosphere, and invited to sit over coffee or tea as a helpful person checks you in on his or her laptop.

Based on our expressed interests, we were loaned a guidebook and also had a reservation made for us at a neighborhood tapas restaurant (excellent choice!) We felt comfortable reviewing our walking tour plans and were given helpful pointers.

The room was large and comfortable. The bathroom was quite elaborate, with lots of glass and glass block and swanky fixtures. The Nespresso machine in the room was a welcome touch. But also there is a wonderful continental breakfast in the "lobby" that is worth a visit. If you want something more substantial, there's a local restaurant you can take your breakfast at.

Super clean, excellent service, lovely accomodations, great coffee and pastries, perfect walking location in an amazing city...you'll feel comfortable and at home in a first class locale in a big, exciting city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The Rothschild is in a great location, and the rooms are outfitted with everything you'd need -- including complimentary flip-flops for the beach or a trip to the dead sea - and there is a complimentary continental breakfast and free wi-fi, I was able to use a local gym for free as well. The prices in the hotel minibar are reasonable. The bed was comfortable, the room very well insulated -- not much street noise.

Customer service was generally friendly and responsive -- not always the case in Israel. I arrived early on a red-eye, and while they weren't able to give me a room at 8 AM, they got me in before noon.

Here's where The Rothschild loses a star. They recommended a truly terrible tour operator for a trip to the Dead Sea/Masada (Rent-A-Guide). I expect much better from a property of this quality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo