“Found a pleasant surprise - the rothschild!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rothschild 71

The Rothschild 71
Ranked #2 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Moraga, California
“Found a pleasant surprise - the rothschild!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

What a pleasant ending to our three week vacation in Israel. After traveling for many nights we needed a hotel for our last night in Tel Aviv and stumbled upon the rothschild. It was perfect! Sleek and clean, well located, good service, everything you could ask for. We would definitly return to the rothschild our next visit to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wendy s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed here recently whilst on another business trip to Israel.

Having previously stayed in the beach front hotels in Tel Aviv, as well as Jerusalem and Ashkelon, I thought central Tel Aviv would be a good option.

For the time being, this appears to be the only hotel on the boulevard at the moment and it showed when I told people where we were staying and everyone wanted to come and check it out. I believe there are more planned along this road in the future.

My room was very well appointed, offering pretty much everything I needed, except for natural light! It became a bit claustrophobic in the end. The curtain behind the headboard opened slightly to face the building opposite the narrow alley. Thankfully, the lighting was very bright, but it still didn't inspire me to want to spend much time in the room. If I were to make some suggestions to improve the room, I would ask for somewhere to hang my towel near the sink which was outside of the shower area. I would also recommend that the cleaner checks the consumption of the mini bar and top up what had been removed. The water was never replaced. There was no milk supplied in the room, despite there being a nespresso coffee machine and kettle. Small touches would go a long way. I must say though that the hospitality downstairs was second to none. I couldn't drink any more free fizzy wine if I tried.

My neighbour had a habit of playing loud music long into the night, which came blaring through the adjoining door between our rooms. Coupled with the music came the cigarette smoke which flowed through during the night, straight into my bedroom area. I ended up stuffing towels around the door to try to stop it. When I complained, they suggested they could do little to stop the smoking and offered to move me to a new room. In my opinion, my neighbour should have been the one to be moved. To a different hotel that has smoking rooms. This is advertised as a 100% non smoking hotel (& probably their insurance premium reflects this) so any smoking should be seen as a breach of the rules. That may make me sound like a bit of a killjoy, but my work clothes really smelt bad the next day.

If I were visiting Tel Aviv for a city break with my partner, this hotel would fit the bill fine. The hospitality was great, the rooms were clean, offering excellent free wi-fi and overall, I guess it was reasonable considering this is in a very prominent part of Tel Aviv. For a business traveller, I would perhaps choose one of the sea front hotels again next time as for me, they offer more facilities, parking, better light and relaxing/business areas albeit at a cost.

3 Thank sussextraveller24
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

The Rothschild is perfectly located in an upscale area on a shaded boulevard. The room was new, sleek, and clean. The friendly staff bends over backward to be accommodating. The only negative is that it does not serve breakfast, but the Ben Ami cafe (turn right out of the hotel and right again, walk two blocks down on the right) serves a fantastic little Israeli breakfast at a reasonable price. I was traveling as a woman alone and feel I could not have made a better choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Sarita53
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Frequent business traveler. Stayed a lot at the Hilton and moved to the Intercontinental when they opened for hundreds of stays. The big hotels are so done. There is simply no value add, prices are disconnected from reality and their quality has steadily dropped over the last few years.

I moved my business to the Rothschild and found the best Israel hotel experience in a long time. Location is unbeatable for business, dinning, strolling and just hanging out. The avenue is alive 24 hours a day.

The property is extremely well designed. It's an old historic apartment building conversion, that was done tastefully and resulted in about 30 rooms of various sizes and designs. There are many options to suit any taste and function. Rooms with large living area and smaller bathroom and bedroom, or rooms with larger bedrooms and a smaller living area.

The upper suites are two completely unreal duplexes, with terraces, options for multiple connected bedrooms. In short, the place to stay with kids for a while. albeit the price might be a bit steep as these are the most expensive ones.

The staff is excellent and very attentive. They care about the guest and the stay in a sincere way that makes one feel at home. The lobby lounge has coffee and pastries, books and papers, and anything else can be arranged...

The Rothschild is blessed with several high quality neighboring restaurants. One of them (Cantina) delivers to the hotel guests, in the room or in the back garden deck. Great food.

it is true that many properties are opening in TLV this year. In the boutique segment, Montefiori and Brown have already been around for a couple years. I do not think they provide the same experience and value as the Rothschild does. This hotel just set the new bar for both business and pleasure stays.

3 Thank YaromB
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here recently for a 3 day business trip. The hotel is located on a tree lined boulevard in the heart of Tel Aviv. The building is from the 1930's, but the hotel has recently opened in March, so 100% has been renovated. The lobby has a living room feel and there is always a cold supply of complimentary sparkling wine on hand. The hotel staff make you feel like family. They are very helpful with all your needs no matter how large or small.

I would definitely come back to this hotel and would highly recommend it to others.

Tel Aviv is a great jumping off point for visiting the other sites in Israel, and this makes for a great home away from home.

We especially enjoyed the hospitality of Zehavit! If you stay here she will take very good care of you.

Room Tip: For a quieter experience, choose a room in the back of the hotel. We had room 24. Not a good view fr...