“Unforgettable one-week Highlights of Israel Tour”

CTO - Consolidated Tour Operators
Book In Advance
$110.00*
Full-Day Christian Tour of Galilee
$1,190.00*
and up
7-Night Israel Highlights and Biblical Tour: Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth...
$1,740.00*
and up
8-Night Israel Tour from Tel Aviv: Jerusalem, Dead Sea, Bethlehem, Nazareth...
Ranked #53 of 190 Tours in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Owner description: Highlights Tours of Israel by CTO LTD offers a vast range of tours in Israel, Jordan and Egypt in different languages. Our tours leave every week with top guides and best accommodations. For more information, please contact us.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Unforgettable one-week Highlights of Israel Tour”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We booked the Highlights tour online through different agency and were a little surprised to see that it was actually being operated by CTO with whom we had never actually had any prior contact. But we didn’t mind. It turned out to be one of our most memorable trips ever.

We were initially apprehensive about the idea of doing an organised group tour because of the strict programme, lack of flexibility and not knowing who our fellow travellers might be. We worried needlessly. There were plenty of opportunities for shopping. The group comprised a wonderful mix of people from all over the world: young and old, solo travellers and families, people from literally every continent and from every walk of life.

Our tour guide deserves special mention here. He did an extraordinarily fine job at bringing the many historical sights to life. It is obvious that he loves sharing his contagious enthusiasm for this beautiful country. His knowledge of all things Israel, of history, geology, and politics is amazing. His story-telling skills are second to none. Some of his stories are so funny that I still remember them. The programme is quite packed (which is great because you get to see so much) and Shuki did a great job in keeping us on schedule. The history and culture of Israel is so rich that it was particularly reassuring and rewarding to have such a great tour guide.
On one or two of the days there was quite a fair amount of walking (which we didn’t mind). Other than that we were ferried around in a comfortable coach which tended to drop us off and pick us up close to the sites we would visit which we thought was a great convenience.

We booked the three-star option for our hotels which was fine for us. The rooms were generally quite small but clean, quiet and comfortable. Both breakfast and dinner were great at all the hotels, in particular though at the Kibbutz where the choice and quality were exceptional.

I am usually too lazy to write reviews. I tend to align myself with the fraction ‘I’ll report on it if an experience was either truly amazing or truly awful’. This Israel tour was truly amazing.

Visited April 2014

Toronto, Canada
“9 day Israel and Petra visit”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I would like to very highly recommend CTO Tours.
The trip was very well organized, and their tour guides were excellent. Oran in particular, was so knowledgeable, he made the trip very interesting by providing all the details relevant to each place. There was another lady, whose name I do not remember, who was also very good.
Their choice of hotels, and Kibbutz were also very well selected, because the food was nice.
My Israel experience was good. They went out of their way to accommodate our needs. Also made other arrangements, like additional private tours to the Negev desert and Maktesh, that I requested.
I would highly recommend CTO tours.

Visited June 2014
Milan, Italy
“Amazing Tour in Holy Land”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We’ve just came back from our Heritage Highlights Tour in Israel from 1st to 8th of May and we would like to congratulate with your fantastic guide Mr. Shuki.

He has been a really nice person and very expert guide, always available and above all fully experienced and ready to answer to our several questions and curiosities.
The Tour has been well organized and Israel is a wonderful country, but Mr. Shuki did the difference and thanks to his high knowledge in History, Geography, Politics we had a great and amazing experience (and knowledge) of Israel!
Letizia and Matteo
Italy

Thank you for organizing tours with such pleasant and well prepared guides and Thanks again to Shuki!

Visited May 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

CTO provided a great experience for my tour last month-highlights of Israel. I booked with a different agency and was consolidated with other groups through CTO. I was skeptical at first, but they were fantastic. Our guide was the best guide I've ever had-mind you, I've been to foty different countries. Orna was patient, kind, and very in-touch with our needs. The hotels were good and there were never any mistakes with tickets, etc. next time, I'd skip the I'm between step and book directly with CTO-the communication, price, and itinerary cannot be beat!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Angie3088
Canada
133 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“One-week tour of Israel”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Booked a one-week tour thru Dan Tours in Toronto and similar to other reviews was surprised to discover that the tour operator was CTO. Our week was broken into three shorter tours, each with different guides and composed of different people staying in six different hotels. Not what we expected; lots of time spent picking people up and dropping them off at the various hotels.
CTO was reliable throughout, including getting us at the airport. Two of the tour guides, Gadi and Leah, were excellent but our 3rd guide [Yaacob] drove us crazy for 3 days with his halting poor English and strong political views. We did visit all the sites described in the tour, with about the right amount of time allotted to each. The lunch stops in some places were poor quality and expensive; we didn't want to take the chance of getting sick so packed our own lunch and snacks at breakfast. Breakfast and dinners at the hotels was quite good.

Visited March 2014