Tripadvisor
Tel Aviv

“One of the worst restaurant I had been in my life”

Hatraklin Bistro Meat & Wine
Ranked #28 of 1,999 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli, Grill, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Between yhuda halevi street & lilienblum street
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Very bad service, very poor food, steaks under rated , in fact one of the worst meat I had in my entire life , and it is really not good for foreign tourists. There is no way to find any kind of transport back to your hotel ( no taxis, nothing available near by and no Help for you to find a transport back. They just say you can walk until you find a taxi!! And this in a middle of a heavy rain !!! Bad food, bad service , very expensive for what you get, and no help for any kind of transport!! Never come back again !!

Date of visit: January 2020
yossi387, General Manager at Hatraklin Bistro Meat & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello, my friend.
I'm shahar, your waiter from last night.
I'm surprised to hear now that you did not enjoy the meat, because last night you and your wife enjoyed our seered serloin.
It was impossible to find a taxi while it was raining, that's true. I don't think we are to blame for that. May I remind you that I called your hotel from my phone, and the front desk could not get a cab for you, as well.
You forgot to mention our lovely conversation about Israeli wines, and the excellent wines you and your wife had. 3 glasses of the cabarnrt franc, I think.
And of course, the dessert we added on the house.
I think you had excellent meat, excellent wine and superb service, and not getting a cab ruined your experience. Again, sorry for that.
Hope to see you again soon,
Shahar

Write a reviewReviews (1,878)

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

A great location in old building with great atmosphere, quite dining area, nicely decorated and very modestly.
We had the Sinta on rocks - which was heaven and rocks steak . Antipasti, liver pate and carpaccio all were delicious. They only serve boutique wines from Israel which we had 2 types red and white all are top of the line.
Don’t miss the desert of the Chocolate ball - highly recommended and not too sweet, the sorbet was unique and tasty as well.
The vegetarians had their share as well with delicious ravioli and artichoke.

Service was great, we spent 2 delicious hours with the family.
Reservation is a must as it was completely books.
Certainly one of the best restaurants in Tel Aviv.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 11, 2020

I know this place for long. Paid a few visits in the past. Every time Im there I regret I dont call on this place more often.

It is known as a steakhouse and I'm known to be vegan (now), nonetheless, this place has the best culinary options if one values gourmet / Nouvelle-cuisine.

By the same token, it's a place of a good spirit, hospitability, and romance. You'll be amazed to find how super-service oriented the stuff is and you'll be inspired by the stories they always got to tell (about the place and their journey)

I bet that If you are looking for a multi-sensuous experience in Tel Aviv, this would be the place to go to.

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

We have been going to this restaurant on a regular basis for almost 10 years and it keeps getting better. Recommended to anyone who would like to eat creative top quality food and enjoy a wide range of wines from boutique wine yard around Israel

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

If you are interested in eating good meat and drinking good wine this is the place for you. Everything in this place is great. From the food to the quality of the service and the atmosphere everything deserves 5 stars.