“It doesn't get more authentic than this”

Hatraklin Bistro Meat & Wine
Ranked #8 of 1,652 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli, Grill, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Between yhuda halevi street & lilienblum street
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was my first visit to Israel and Tel-Aviv. An Israelian friend of mine told me that I absolutely have to try this typical dish where they serve you meat on a hot stone. It sure sounded exotic to me and also very tempting. So luckily, when I actually had the chance to visit Tel-Aviv on a business trip the first thing I did was look for a place which offered this dish. I ended up at this place and it was simply stunning!!! It's really easy to walk by this place since from the outside this place doesn't look like much but oh boy do things change when you get inside! A great ambiente and a service so friendly that you feel you've been treated the first time like a real guest in your life! Their recommendations of wines is just excellent and their selection of authentic food is nothing short of the same superiority. I had starters, the famous dish with the meat on the hot stone which's name I've already forgotten unlike the taste which I badly miss being back at home. Don't get me started what the dessert was like...I've been to many places around the world on business trips, I had the chance to try out many places. I love meat and I'm willing to die for a good dessert and if I was to choose my final meal before facing excecution I'd have them send me something from this place. I ended up spending 60 Euro in this place and not regretting one Cent in fact I'd have spent even more if my stomach would have been capable of taking more of their delicious food! Being a first time guest at this place they made me feel like being at home right away, easy chit-chat never invasive they made me feel like I'm a friend who's been away a long time and now returned home. I even got the coffee at the end on the house so what's more to say than it really doesn't get better than this!!! This place turned my business trip to a short time vacation from which my taste buns still aren't quite returned yet. Simply amazing!

2  Thank Michael W

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was the second time eating at Hatraklin. My wife and I enjoyed the impecable service as well as the superior food. The staff was very attentive and caring about my alergies and they made sure that the food we ordered was prepared without additives causing me alergic reations.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I spent our 11th anniversary here and could not have chosen a more wonderful meal. We each had the Braised Sirloin, which you cook on a sizzling hot stone yourself and it came with a wonderful carmelized garlic and special mustard as well as chimichuri sauce! The owner brought us a plate of Roasted Eggplant with Yogurt and Labanne cheese which was nice.

We found out in Israel they allow dogs in the restaurant which we just had a blast with! Because we arrived at 1815/6:15 PM we had the place to ourselves so the owners two dogs joined us, which our 6-year old daughter was thoroughly enthralled with. Yes, we shared our Sirloin strips with them as believe it or not there was plenty, and it made for an even more memorable night.

We topped it off with Chocolate Mousse and Banana Palachinta, and had some boutique wines from Jerusalem and Northern Galilee...special!

1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were a group of 3 and decided to follow the recommendation on TA. It proved to be a good decision! The shared appetiser of Chicken Liver Pate was very generous and totally delicous. The boys had the steak served on the hot stone which they loved and I ordered chicken which was also fantastic. The service was very pleasant and attentive and overall the dinner experience was fabulous. My only comment would be that the wines on offer were very expensive, however what we drank was very good. However, we found in most places that good Israeli wines were expensive.

1  Thank joyrumpff
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This restaurant has a very special meal called lunch movies.
Meal of 11 dishes and all the more special dish and delicious than the other.
Place intimate, unique and has a large selection of fine wines
We visit the place many times and each time we enjoy re-