“Great guide, wonderful tour and fabulous food”

Delicious Israel - Private Culinary Walking Tours
Ranked #1 of 49 Food & Drink in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Owner description: Delicious Israel offers foodies and culture-seekers a unique and adventurous way to vacation in Israel. Our culinary and boutique specialty tours are limited to small groups so that together we can veer off the beaten path to eat, explore, learn and experience the authentic “insider” scene of Israeli lifestyle, history and culture.
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great guide, wonderful tour and fabulous food”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have visited Tel Aviv/Jaffo many times and know it well, but Inbal's tour led us to parts of Jaffa and Tel Aviv we had no idea existed. She took us to very interesting restaurants, spice merchants, hummous houses, and cafes that we simply would not have discovered on our own. Her knowledge of the local food suppliers is top notch, and she has good relationships with them. Wherever we went with her, we were given a warm welcome and were overwhelmed with different foods and drinks. A tip - don't eat before you start the tour, as there is plenty along the way! Inbal is a first class guide, with a good sense of humour, and she adapts the tour to the clients' interests and experience making sure it is thoroughly enjoyable. I would rate this as one of the top "must-do" activities in Tel Aviv.

Okinawa, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Time and money well spent!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I love travel for the cultural and culinary experiences it affords, and I cannot think of a better way to get acquainted with Israeli cuisine. Delicious Israel does not disappoint. A walking tour of Jaffa and Neve Tzedek, the Carmel market, hummous, gelato, and regional spices-- all in less than half a day. What a treat for the senses-- thank you, Inbal! Unforgettable!

Visited September 2012
Canberra, Australia
“I loved writing this review and thinking back to this lovely day!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I don't know where to start with this review. I hope I do Inbal justice! She was just brilliant. I opted to do a private tour and it completely exceeded my expectations!

We met in Old Jaffa port, and immediately it felt like I was catching up with an old friend who had moved to Israel and sussed out all the best spots! We had fantastic hummus (which I would have NEVER found without her), life-saving sorbet (it was a sizzling hot day), freshly cooked flatbread with za'atar, chocolate babka sitting on a swing seat in the shade sipping iced coffees, and so many tasty treats from the markets! We also wandered through some beautiful parts of town, checked out some cool bauhaus architecture and popped into a store run by Esty and Dave who design and create beautiful modern jewellery inspired by Israel and Tel Aviv. Perfect for gifts (and a little treat or two for yourself!)

The day just flew by. Before I knew it, Inbal was flagging me a cab to zip back to the hotel to meet my boyfriend who was flying in that afternoon. But not without first making sure I had a selection of local micro-brewed beers and some tasty treats to welcome him to Israel! Inbal also emailed me a list of recommendations which meant we continued to eat incredibly well during the remainder of our time in Tel Aviv.

I can't recommend Inbal highly enough. I implore you to book a tour with her!

Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
“Delicious Israel....simply fantastic!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I were completely thrilled with our experience with Delicious Israel. We have two young daughters (6 & 4) and Inbal, our tour guide form DI, was wonderful in tailoring a tour to fit our needs. The girls had a blast making their own chocolate concoctions, getting a behind the scenes tour of a one of kind ice cream store and my husband and I loved smelling and tasting the delicious scents and cuisine of Israel. We look forward to more wonderful tours from Delicious Israel when we return next time for a visit!

San Jose, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you're a foodie, don't miss this”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and I hired Inbal to take us through Tel Aviv's food scene this past July. We were a group of 9, ranging in age from 12-77. Delicious Tel Aviv was a great way to really understand Tel Aviv. We sampled from stands, stores, markets, restaurants, and ended up in a Yemenite restaurant so tiny, we would have never known it existed. The price of the food was included in the fee, so we didn't have to take out our wallets.

Every single person on the trip had a great time and thought it was one of the unexpected highlights of being in Israel. When I go back, I'm making it a point to snag Inbal again for another journey. Not only is she knowledgable about Israel's food scene, she is amazingly charming and pleasant.

Visited July 2012