BY 14 TLV Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
$313
$302
  • Breakfast included
Arcadia Tower Hotel(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
$192
$333
$311
$281
  • Beachfront
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$612
$540
Hilton
  • Pool
$381
$323
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Rothschild 71(Tel Aviv)
$314
$300
Hotwire.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmercure tel avivsea viewtwo blocksben yehuda streetclean hoteltasty breakfastshort walk to the beachcentral locationthe penthousebusiness tripnon smokingfree wifireception staffisraeli breakfastcarmel marketrenovated roomstayed here for nights
Reviewed January 3, 2014

If you are sensitive to perfumes or noise, go elsewhere! Whatever they spray inside could be smelled out the front door and up the street! The 'fragrance' made it impossible for me to sleep, and it took me 2 days to get them to stop using it in my room [but you could still smell it throughout the hotel and out onto the sidewalk]. I was on the 9th floor--one of the designated 'privilege' floors--but Ben Yehuda Street is so noisy, I could hear it through the closed window--meaning I couldn't sleep with the window open to air out the room!
The room was the same size as the ones on lower floors, so the additional cost is going for the Nespresso machine [for which I was rationed to one capsule a day, even after asking for more], a couple of bottles of water and fruit juice, and a view of the sea. You can get better coffee for 5-15 shekels [USD/EU 1-3] in cafes just across the street or at the seaside, and a bottle of water is 10 shekels [around USD/EU 2] from the shop at the corner -- so in my view it's not worth the additional expense. The bathrobe disappeared the 2nd day and never came back [and I kept forgetting to ask for it]; the same cleaner completely rearranged all the toiletries and work materials I had set out on the sink and table tops.
When I opened the curtains after checking in, I found that someone had autographed one of the windows. I left the curtains open, thinking that the cleaner would see it and wash it off. Didn't happen day 1; or day 2; on day 3 I told the woman at the front desk -- but we had communications problems [I'm not sure what language she spoke, but Hebrew was not one of them, and although she asked me to speak in English, her comprehension was limited], so it remained throughout my stay.
Breakfast was "tired." The vegetables, herring, etc. seemed old, rather than fresh, as did the day's eggs, etc. Coffee was tasteless, including the cappuccino I requested, which came from a push-button machine and into which the server poured regular [unsteamed] milk.
I didn't use the fitness room or sauna, tho I would have had they not closed at 9 p.m. As it's not staffed -- basically, a room with a few machines in it -- I'm not sure why it couldn't be kept open. Meetings kept me away until after 9; I would have used it at around 11 p.m.
Shirin at the reception desk saved the place. She was friendly, courteous, and genuinely concerned to provide service when I asked her to recommend restaurants for dinner, when I asked for a stopper for the bathroom sink [I didn't want my contact lenses washing accidentally down the drain] or when I told her about the grafitti on the window. Moran was also helpful. The receptionist who didn't speak Hebrew or English couldn't tell me which buses to take to get to my destination [nor did the sink stopper arrive after I asked her; I had to wait a day and ask Shirin].
I stayed at this hotel 2 1/2 years ago, also on a 'privilege' floor, and had a very different and far more positive experience [then it was late April or early May; this was late December]. I don't know what has happened, but I will be looking elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: On the 9th floor I still heard street noise -- and at all hours. I don't think there is a quiet room in the whole hotel. No problem with the bed, tho -- not saggy at all.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dj171950
Nir Z, Public Relations Manager at BY 14 TLV Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Tel Aviv. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations;

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; Please note that this problem was an exception to our normal practices.

The Hotel Management

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We actually live nearby, but as an Accor fan and Gold member, I had to try this hotel.
So we arrived after work, especially to be in the centre of Tel Aviv for the New Year's celebrations.
The receptionist Shiran welcomed me very warm and kindly. She also gave us vouchers for free drinks at the bar, since I'm a gold.
Anyway, we went up to the 8th privileged floor, and got a beautiful room watching the see. We had 6 free bottles of cold beverage, chocolates and Nespresso espresso machine, plus bath robe and slippers.
The only disadvantages were that the shower was tiny tiny, almost impossible to move, and the stream was awfully weak.
Later, when we went down to the bar, the bar tender (Moran) was nice clueless what should we do with the voucher, so we had to wait for 10 minutes.
There were free glasses of wine in the lobby for the New Year.

On the next day, we woke up and went to breakfast, catered by the large Israeli coffee chain, Cafe Cafe. Well, relatively to Israeli breakfast at hotels - this was terrible. Not a large variety, the vegetable seemed tired and old, and no dessert. You could read my review for Eilat Princess Hotel from month ago, to see what a REAL breakfast in an Israeli hotel is.
Also, there were no silver ware nor clean table. The waitress (same Moran from last night) set our table with knife & fork, but didn't clean it.

Although there is no justification for the high price (215 Euros/ 295$ per night, especially in comparison to Mercure in Salzburg, Austria which costs 90 Euros), the service was lovely, and the room very well equipped.
We will be back.

Room Tip: We had a sea view privilege room, 807.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

As a seasoned traveler, I have stayed at several Merucres around the world. However the Mercure in Tel-Aviv by far is the worst. The service is horrible, front desk check-in the lady could have cared less about our business. Second, the electronic room keys did not work...everyday you had to get a new one. Third...NO HOT WATER, all baths/showers were luke warm.I contacted Mercure home office about my concerns...they said speak with my travel agent. I am sorry, my travel agent doesn't run YOUR hotel. This experience has assured me that Mercure isn't the hotel for me or anyone!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Nir Z, Guest Relations Manager at BY 14 TLV Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Sir \ Madam,

We were sorry to hear that your experience was accompanied by a number of faults and not consistent with your expectations of the hotel.

We'd love if you would choose to contact the hotel first, with your personal information (Name & ect..) so we can check your claims.

We do our utmost to offer the best service, so personal approach would have help us greatly in this case in order for us to learn and improve.

The Hotel Management