“The best tour guide ever”

Rent a Guide Israel Tours
Bethlehem and Jericho from Tel Aviv
Ranked #11 of 190 Tours in Tel Aviv
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best tour guide ever”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Our tour guide, Meni, made our trip outstanding. His knowledge of Israel is amazing. We enjoyed his fabulous stories about Israeli culture, attitudes and foods. It was a delight to be with him as we learned about all aspects of Jewish life. He will always be our best friend in Israel. In every regard, he is the best tour guide ever. His perspectives on all issues were very much appreciated. We had a great time BECAUSE of Meni.

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Thornhill, Canada
“Incredible Israel experience!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family travelled to Israel over the December break. We had a planned tour that took us all over Israel in 14 days. Our guide was Isaac Gelber; our travel advisor in Toronto arranged it through Rent a Guide. We were given a biography and contact information before we arrived in Israel. My husband made the first contact with Isaac. From the moment that we met him, we knew that we were in capable and caring hands. Isaac is very knowledgable, passionate, insightful and accommodating. Within a very short period of time, he was able to understand the varied needs of each of our family members. He altered the itinerary accordingly such that, we experienced all the attractions in a way that was enjoyable for everyone! We even squeezed in additional excursions that he thought we would like. I never realized how important it was to be with a pleasant, passionate, and empathic person when travelling for the first time to such an amazing place. I wouldn't have changed a thing about this once-in-a-lifetime trip!

Visited December 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Israel - Guide/driver Hilik Silfin”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have just completed a 7 day tour of Israel. I enjoyed being part of a small tour group and Hilik went out of his way to ensure that we got away early to beat the crowds at various attractions. In fact there was only one occasion when we had to queue. Hilik was very knowledgeable of the area, the history and also the Bible connections. He was very approachable and only too happy to answer questions. His command of the English language made his commentaries easy to understand. Even his singing was appreciated! One of the highlights was listening to his recently purchased CD of Jewish songs and hearing the song "Jerusalem" as we re-entered the city on the last day of our tour. Thank you Hilik for an amazing time!
Glennis K

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Masada and Dead Sea”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Took a day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea using the Business class. For a few $s more it is worthwhile to go in a smaller group in a min bus. The driver was Zaki and guide was Sylvia. Both were very knowledgeable about various attractions and Zaki stopped the mini bus a number of times for the tourists to take pictures. Full marks for the information provided. Arrangements were good except for the bus swapping at the end. Overall this was a very good experience and I expect to take another of their trips next time I am in Israel.
Imran K

1 Thank Imran K
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Israel--Private guide/driver Yuval De Joannes”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am a 60-year-old American lawyer/writer/teacher, Jewish but with no felt religious leanings. Last October, in a first-time and solo visit to Israel, I spent 3 days of my 10-day trip with private guide/driver Yuval De Joannes, mostly in the Upper Galilee. From Caesurea, Tzipori, Safed, to Gamla, Banias, The Golan Heights, Akko, Haifa, Beit Shean, Beit Alpha. I could not have asked for a better guide, superb in all respects imaginable: his obvious mastery of the sites and their significance, history, archeology, geopolitics, etc.; his insights into the country and its people; his utter dedication to my best interests; his easy command of English and the accessibility of his commentary; his sensitivity and flexibility, his initiative and resourcefulness; his tireless willingness to do anything and go anywhere that custom-fit my interests; his total focus on making the best use of my time and maximizing the tour’s richness and rewards. He struck the right balance between giving me enough information and giving too much. He liberally shared his enthusiasms without oppressing me with any political/religious bias or agenda—or wearying erudition. A person of manifest decency, Yuval soon became a devoted friend as much as a guide. He seemed to know the country’s entire topography, its every road, and I felt in safe, and reliable hands at all times. He seemed to see his work as more of a calling than a job and took appropriate pride in doing it well. He seemed to know all the little gems and wonders "hidden in plain sight." Before I met Yuval, frankly, I was a bit apprehensive about whether he would turn out to be any good: having traveled to 26 countries and retained private guides in most, I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am probably what is commonly known as a “tough customer,” which is to say that my standards are high, though I don’t think unreasonable. I simply know how dramatically the quality of a guide can make a trip or compromise it. With Yuval I need not have worried. I am posting this recommendation not because Yuval asked me to--he didn't--but because I felt compelled, almost morally obliged to do so. He truly earned it.

Visited October 2013