“Close to perfect”

Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Close to perfect”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I am not a fan of guided tours but I was on a business trip and only had one day to see Jerusalem (which is really not enough!). I was very lucky, as there were only 12 people on the tour that day (the maximum would have been 19). Our guide, Sylvia, was really great! She is a very joyful person and has lots of humour, in addition to being an excellent guide. Our driver, Mohammed, was also very kind and took us everywhere safely (The great thing is also that they pick you up at your hotel in the morning and take you back at the end of the day).

This tour is perfect for getting a first impression of city. We went to the Mount of Olives, to Mount Scopus, to the Western Wall, walked along the via Dolorosa, visited the Church of the Holy Sepulchre...

The reason why I have not rated this tour with 5 points is that we were taken to an over priced souvenir shop where we spent 30 minutes (just to mention an example, the same Ahava products that I had bought the previous day in Tel Aviv in a drug store cost 3 times more here) and that we had lunch in a very squalid and touristic restaurant. The quality of the food was very poor (which in Israel is rare!) and the restaurant was filled with more than 50 loud Russian tourists. I realize that it is difficult to take a large group to a "normal" restaurant, but since we were only 12 it would have been nice to experience something more authentic (by the way, although the quality was poor, it was not cheap).

Except these two points, it was a wonderful day and I definitely recommend the tour to anyone who wants to get a first impression of this amazing city!

2 Thank Agclausanne

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Tour Guide in Israel”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We just returned from a trip to Israel which was without a doubt the best family vacation we have ever taken. One of the highlights was a day trip that we arranged through Rent-a-guide with another family. Our tour guide really made the day great. She was a true "Sabre" and her name was Yahaloma Yigael (Diamond in English). Her knowledge of history was incredible. She easily answered every one of our questions and made it understandable both for the adults, as well as for the children (our youngest is 9). She made suggestions for our tour that were fantastic and she was flexible with whatever we wanted to do. I would hire her again anytime I returned.
Ron - Maryland.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

With another family we booked a guide and driver to take us to Rosh Hanikra from Tel Aviv. Our guide was Diamond and she was perfect. She was extremely knowledgeable, easygoing, worked great with kids ages 9-15 and really kept everyone engaged. She made the suggestion that we stop at Atlit Detention Center which is a place not typically included on any tours I have seen. We were game and it was actually one of the highlights of our trip - it really pulled all the history together for us and we were so greatful Diamond suggested it. We had a wonderful day on our private van and I would recommend Rent-a Guide and Diamond to anyone.

Istanbul, Turkey
“Great introduction to Israel for our family”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had an amazing first experience in Israel thanks in large part to our guided tour led by Meni. We were part of a large family tour (14) with young children, parents and grandparents. Meni did a masterful job getting to know each of us and our individual interests and needs. Somehow he brought it all together and we all had a wonderful time. We will miss him greatly and if we came back would absolutely request to have him again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Meni, The Best Tour Guide, EVER!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My Husband and I were privilaged to be on a Non-Denominational Tour around Israel with Meni Tzubari. Meni was great at giving us the history of each site that he took us to. He also squeezed in an extra trip or two to something that he thought would make another site on our itenerary make more sense. We were lucky (or unlucky) to be in Jerusalem when the city got 15" of snow, so we didn't get to go to several sights there or the last day to Masada or the Dead Sea. However, I have to give props to Meni for attempting to take us to as much as possible before the whole city was shut down. On our way back from The Israeli Museum, we were stuck in an underpass behind a truck that couldn't get traction on the snow. Meni got out and used his shovel to help this truck out of the underpass. Because of this, we were able to get to our hotel and he was able to arrange transportation to the other group member's hotels (4 wheel drives were needed at this point).
I have to mention that half way through our tour, we were joined by an very elderly couple that did nothing but complain. Meni repeated himself often for this couple (as the husband was hard of hearing) and did everything possible to make it easier on them. He would often run get the van so that they didn't have to walk as far. I felt bad for Meni when they would blame him for things he had no controll over.
Since returning from Israel, I have told many people of our trip and ALWAYS told them that we felt our tour wouldn't have been as interesting had it not been for Meni. I make sure to tell them if they decide to go to Israel, I would give them the information to get Meni as a tour guide.
Once again, we felt Meni made our trop to Israel and now consider him a friend for life!
Michelle and David Zangenberg