“Tour of Jerusalem/Dead Sea with Isaac Gelber”

Rent a Guide Israel Tours
$142.00*
Bethlehem and Jericho from Tel Aviv
Ranked #10 of 190 Tours in Tel Aviv
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We went on a one day tour of Jerusalem and the Dead Sea with Isaac from Rent a Guide. This was truly one of the most memorable days, if not the most memorable, of my life. We got to see the Mt. of Olives, the City itself, the Western Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepluchre. Isaac was terrific and very knowledgeable! The entire day was first class! A++ -- Stew

There are newer reviews for Rent a Guide Israel Tours

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Our tour of the Holy Lands, booked through Gil Travel in Philadelphia, was very enjoyable, well organized and very informative. We were especially impressed with the Rent a Guide Tour. Being on a small bus with 13 to 15 people made traveling easier and allowed us to see more sites than if we had been on a bus with 40 to 50 people. Our guide, Nedal Abdo, was key to the tour's success. His knowledge of the history and culture of the area going back 3,000 + years so enriched the experience. He was happy to answer our questions and accommodating to requests. Nedal helped create a friendly environment among the tour members which added to our enjoyment of the trip.

1  Thank Patricia H
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I went on a one day biblical tour of Galilee which covered Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Capernaum and Jordan river. Overall, it was a good experience with some amazing sites. Its like going from the 'book' to reality.

- Transportation: Comfortable 19 seater mini van with AC, but no wifi. It felt a bit cramped towards the end of the journey, but it generally OK. The driver was very nice/friendly and did a good job.
- Site-seeing: We covered a lot of ground in one day, with about 15-30 minutes spent at each attraction. I wish we had more time to really soak up the atmosphere and history
- Shopping: At our first shop stop in Nazareth, our tour guide suggested we buy all our gifts there to save time. After browsing around for a few minutes, I knew that prices were unreasonably high. I ended up going to a local shop down the road to buy a plate that cost 35 shekels (compared to US35 at the designated shop).
- Lunch: For the price (around $90+pp), I believe a simple lunch should have been included. I brought my own packed lunch and happily munched on it at the Sea of Galilee. Other travelers were taken to a seafood buffet restaurant with GREAT views but mixed reviews on food. Some told me that the fish had too many bones. I was glad I brought my own.
- Tour Guide: Our tour guide was average. She did was she needed to do, but was not extraordinary. She wasn't as chatty or conversational as other guides mentioned on the thread.

All in all, if you are new to Israel, a guided tour is recommended becaused it saves you time and hassle. Aside from the comments made, I really enjoyed myself. It's quite surreal visiting so many sites which I previously only read about in the Book.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a wonderful tour!
Eli was our guide and provided excellent information with a warmth that made the whole tour meaningful and touching for all of us. I think I can say for everyone who was on the tour that he was really great. The whole experience was wonderful.
Barbara Carmel

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Manny our tour guide was an excellent driver under difficult circumstances His narration while driving made the trip quite interesting. He pointed out many details about the land, culture, and heritage and history of Israel. He was always very polite and courteous. Once at Massada he did a wonderful job guiding us and telling us the story of Massada as well as the archeology of the site.
After we drove to the Dead Sea and Manny gave very good instructions for swimming in both the Sea and the thermal pool. We had time to swim and shower after before driving back.