“Avoid Rent-A-Guide”

Rent a Guide Israel Tours
Ranked #30 of 206 Tours in Tel Aviv
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Rent-A-Guide was the low point of our trip to Israel and Jordan. To of us did the "Business Class" tour of Masada and Dead Sea. We departed from Jerusalem and finished in Tel Aviv.

Just about every aspect of the trip was disappointing. Our tour was in English. But the tour guide could barely speak understandable English and knew little about the sites we visited. The only way to learn about Masada was to listen to other tour guides in the area. In reality, the guide was not trying to do any more than the bare minimum required to collect his paycheck. The van was supposed to be VIP. It was an old, cramped vehicle with 18 people stuffed in. Picking everyone up at the hotels took more than an hour circling around the city. Finally, we were pushed to buy products at makeup stores, gift shops, etc. It was an incredible waste of time.

There are some great tour companies in Israel. Just make sure not to use this one.

At the end of the trip the guide came up to us and demanded a tip. He did not get one, this was an aweful e

9  Thank hbsseller
Rent-a-Guide, Public Relations Manager at Rent a Guide Israel Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear traveler
As part of our effor to provide the best quality service we promise, we are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our tour.
We checked your complaint about the specific tour guide's level of english and knowlage. this specific guide has been working with us for years and we never had a complaint about his low level of english or knowlage.
Our guide takes part in our national program tours therefore his level of english is more than fine.
Again, were' sorry to hear that you didn't enjoyed the tour because this is the most important issue for us.
Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"always on time"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I booked a Jewish Heritage Tour through a broker who used rent a guide Israel. Wow is not enough to describe our tour guide Meni and our driver Adman. Meni was passionate, knowledgeable, easy going and most of all uniquely qualified. He gave 110% at all times and made each day special. I have only the highest regard for Meni. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We booked two tours with rent-a-guide. The first one was to Nazareth and galilee. On this tour the guide was also the driver. This tour was interesting and the guide informative if a little overly patriotic.

The second tour went to cesera and acre. The locations were interesting, but the guide seemingly knew very little about any site and the visits were rushed. However, the main problem was the dangerous driving. Our driver was very aggressive, tailgating cars in front, swinging between lanes to overtake, driving far too fast, answering his phone repeatedly and even running a red light. It was the worst driving I have ever experienced on tour. The driver is going to have a serious accident very soon. I would never get in a van with the driver ever again.

9  Thank DanielGreenfield
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The tour guides were extremely knowledgeable, friendly and thorough. I took four tours with them and saw so much in only four days. I started learning so much from my tour guides that I couldn't retain anymore information by the last day They even recommend good places to shop so you don't get swindled by counterfeits. Their prices were also extremely reasonable. I had three different tour guides all of whom were extremely as enjoyable as the next. I highly recommend them.

3  Thank Joojoobee
See more reviews
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am 17 years old and live in the U.S. I didn't know what to expect when my aunt told me she wanted to bring me along to israel. However, thanks to three awesome experiences with two of rent-a-guide's tour guides, my weeklong trip became a trip of a lifetime. I cannot speak highly enough of Meni and Molly, who were so knowledgeable, fun, funny, and passionate about their job and their country. Such an incredible experience. We saw all of the Old City, floated in the Dead Sea, traipsed around masada, explored through Nazareth, and visited Galilee all in a weeklong trip. It was so informative, but more importantly, so much fun.

1  Thank Jack H