“Disappoiting ... Not up to expectation”

Social Club - Modern Bistro
Ranked #70 of 1,635 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Social Club Tel Aviv represents the meeting place of good food in a lively, happening atmosphere.The restaurant is located in a beautiful piazza on Tel Aviv's historic Rothschild Boulevard, in the heart of the city center and offers a modern bistro menu made from local ingredients. Managing the kitchen is one the country's most highly-regarded chefs, Michael Gartofsky, educated at London's Cordon Bleu and formerly a sous-chef of Gordon Ramsey. Alongside the menu unique cocktails made by the restaurants's mixologist bartenders are served as well as a variety of local and imported wines.The restaurant has a main dining room, a large bar area, a private room for up to 20 diners and more informal outdoor dining in its lively piazza area.
Sebastopol, California
“Disappoiting ... Not up to expectation”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was not sure about about the wine selection so I ask our waitress if about the Vitkin wine and then I ask if they had a Sommelier and I was told that she is not familiar with that wine :)

Started with the Artichoke and Eggplant appetizers and both were fine. The main dishes were disastrous - my friend ordered a sea food pasta dish without one component , I ordered the Tuna dish - seared. My friend dish arrived with the undesired component and when she mentioned that she did not want it, they brought a new dish within seconds clearly just removing the undesired component rather then making a new dish without it. They forgot to ask me how my way over cooked tuna was. Service was poor and it did not cover the poor food preparation. We did get a complementarity NY cheese cake - it was the best dish of the evening and it was delicious.

• Visited August 2013
Mosh B, Guest Relations Manager at Social Club - Modern Bistro, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Michel,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience at our restaurant.
Social Club is committed to excellent service and food. Unfortunately you didn't experience that.
I would love to contact you personally through email.
Again, thank you for your review, reviews like yours help us improve our service.
please contact us at - events.socialclub@gmail.com or call +972-(0)- 54-784-7694

Rebecca Pavel- Customer Relations Manager.

• Hebrew first
“Price very high. Not worth it”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Good place for going out to eat drink. We wast there 2.5 hours for stayng and very was very nice, the food too, but the price for that is very high.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place, no must have”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We ate the 2 couples there, it was nice but the price very expensive for what we got. We waited a lot of time for our dinner. The food was very nice but not so good like we heard.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Talinbar
London, United Kingdom
“A very enjoyable evening”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Was looking forward to this evening and was not disappointed. Very attentive staff especially the sommelier who was very knowledgeable and recommended a Clos de Gat Israeli white that was excellent . Delicious food ( we went for the specials ) and the Pistachio Ice Cream dessert was really good. Really lively atmosphere but one word of caution - we sat outside and right near us was " the smoking area " with a bench and ash tray . Unless you are a smoker best to sit elsewhere .

• Visited July 2013
Herzeliya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rachel Dulberg”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I celebrated my birthday party with 35 friends, the place located in center of Tel Aviv.
The atmosphere is very unique in side and out side, the food was very good and the service outstanding, the place is full with good looking people that are looking for trendy place.you can meet there new friends
I highly recomend to visit the place, its excllent site to spend lovely evenning.
I will be happy to visit there again and recomend to my friends.

• Visited July 2013