“brilliant”

Florentine Hostel
Great Western, Australia
“brilliant”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

friendly staff, great atmosphere, and a really relaxed attitude. could it get any better? I think not, Ron and Natalie will give you all the info u need from where is the best beach to where is the best Hummus(abdul hassan in Jaffa). I read a few comments before we booked about fake, unhelpfull staff but we saw no sign of this infact I would go as far as to say that the staff are this particular hostels best atribute , better even than it's legendary roof top terrace.

Room Tip: rooms on the lower floor are newer and cleaner but may lack a bit of the charm of the main floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Krakow
Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is my 2nd time at this hostel. That tells a lot from the get go. I had such a blast a year ago, i decided to come again this year! This time i stayed 8 nights (last year only 2). The people who work there are the kind of people you keep as your friends. The crew is totally dedicated to getting to know their guests, so it wasnt a surprise to me when they remembered me from last year!:) The location of the hostel is fantastic, just a short walk from the beach, and in a hippy neighborhood of Florentine. The facilities at the hostel are great, everything thing is done with a careful thought of the customer, which i love. The place is spotless clean and they clean ALL THE TIME. The famous by now rooftop social area is the heart of this hostel. All guests love to mingle and share stories from home and their travels. Music is fanstastic too. Wifi is superfat and they have 2 wifi's, one on each floor. They have plenty of organized activities trying to integrate everyone even more. When i was there, we had a huge bonfire and grill for the Israeli holiday Lag Baomer. During my stay there, i felt the staff and the people staying at the same time were like a family. Such a great feeling when traveling alone. Theyre really helpful with giving you advice for how to organize your next leg of the trip and always give great advice. They will bend over backwards to find things for you. I wanna give a huge shoutout to staff workers Natalie, Ron and Nitzan and all their volunteers who work so hard. And Rafi too, the boss whos definitely sometimes too hard on them ;)) Keep up the great work! And ill prob come and see you again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Senka_St
Tel Aviv
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Such a great hostel,in a great part of Tel Aviv. It is not too big,and it has got a great roof terrace where everybody hangs out. By the end of the night you know everyone. The staff is wonderful,they know how to make the place feel like home,and they take you out a couple of times a week to some of the clubs Tel Aviv has got to offer. The bathrooms are clean,the kitchen is simple but has everything you need.There is free coffee and tea all day. If you're lucky someone might even cook for everyone (for a small price). The Florentine district,where it is,is a great place,and close to the beach,the centre,and old Jaffa. If you're planning on going to Tel Aviv,this is the place you wanna go!

Room Tip: The dorms are fine,there are the mixed and the female dorms. But if you're up for something else...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Cohen3
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This place is definately worth staying at if you ever stay in Tel Aviv. The atmosphere is really laid back and the roof top terrace i amazing! We arived at the hostel after a night on the airport floor and was soooo happily surprized. Since we spent the night at the airport we arrived quit early in the morning and the chek-in isn't untill 13-14 a'clock but this wa no problem. We could leave are bags on the hostel and spent sometime in the couches on the roof before we took a walk checking out the beaches, which were in walking distance from the hostel, as most sights in the city.

We stayed in a double room with a private bathroom which was almost the nicest rooms on our trip. It was a bit more expensive but it was kind of worth it. But the hostel do provide the opption of different sized dormatories and you could even sleep up on the terrace if you would feel like it.

There are possibilities to buy and cook you're own food in the kitchen, which is as clean as you could dream of. Coff and tea are free but you could pitch in if you want to. The hostel sell beer and provide a small breakfast which you can by some complementary items for if you want to.

Both the people volenteering and working in the hostel is very helpful and give hands on tips. They all feel genuinly interested in making you stay great.

To sum this up this is a hostel which is perfect for backpackers weather you travell alone or with a friend. It is easy to catch up a conversation with any of the other people living in the hostel aince the terrace is a perfect meeting spot. I would highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My sister and I booked 9 nights in the Florentine Hostel. When, we first came the staff make us feel like at home! We had an amazing welcoming. The staff and volunteers are very helpful and friendly!!!
It's very easy to meet people (other travelers).
The hostel is well situated. (The first day, the staff explained us what to do and where to go... some good tips)
There is a good vibe, the atmosphere is pretty cool, laid-back.
The ROOF is AMAZING! Beautiful, very cosy...
Free breakfast, free internet, the rooms were clean and it`s pretty secure (door codes..)

We definitevely recommend this hostel!!!!!
Thank you very much for everything!]Cheers

Room Tip: Depending on what you looking for! We were situated downstairs (6 females dorms)! No PB EVERYTHING W...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HabibaMaya
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Me and my boyfriend started our Israel trip in Tel Aviv staying at the Florentine hostel. We spent an awesome time at this very cool place. The relaxed and laid-back team and volunteers instantly make you feel welcome and at ease. Ask them anything and they'll help you. Was really helpful for us, especially when it came to how the public bus and train system works, best food places, car rentals etc. Also very good value for money. We'd go back anytime! Cheers, Daniela & Dominic

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was sad to have my first properly negative hostelling experience in almost 10 years in this hostel. As a female who travels alone, feeling like I am in a safe environment is important to me.
On my first night I was watching a film on my laptop into the small hours when a man (who turned out to be the owner) came into the kitchen. We had a brief conversation. He told me I was very sexy, and would I like to sit next to him on the sofa? (I would not.) Would I like to come to his room? (No.) What do English girls look for in a foreign man? (Subtlety.) Eventually I managed to wriggle away to my dorm, but not before he'd run his hand up and down my arm and made me feel pretty uncomfortable.

He apologised the next day, but that night the same thing happened again. He asked if he could touch me, if I could come to his room etc. Totally uncalled for, unprovoked, and unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend this hostel under his management for any females travelling alone or without men in their groups.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo