Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 10/19/21
Booking.com$186
FindHotel
Priceline
All reviews rooms are spacious sea sofa tel mediterranean
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2016

The hotel has great service, nice people at the front desk always trying to be helpful. The rooms are large (50 sqm) with two TVs, one in the large sitting area and one in the small bedroom. Lots of storage and a full sized fridge. One of the largest hotel pools around (and there were very few people (sometimes no one but us) in the pool as school had just started in the country). Around the corner from the beach.
Free parking with access with your room key. A business lounge with a computer and printer and a fridge with drinks also accessed with your room key card. A nice workout room with extensive hours. The buffet breakfast was good and they kept it clean and refilled at all times - even the chocolate milk! I'd have rated the hotel a full five stars but my wife pointed out that it isn't fancy and though it's only 5 years old, it can't match up with a 5 star hotel. But who cares?! We had a great time. A close ride to the Marina where we ate a few times at some very nice restaurants.

Room tip: Higher floors have a better view of the ocean but not that much better. We chose to reserve this hotel (for less) directly on their own site
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Anat A, General Manager at West Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2016

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your warm feedbak.
I was happy to read that we have met your expectaions and you had an enjoyable stay with us.
I'm looking forward to seeing you again at the West hotel.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

In Overall hotel is very good. We got a very nice room with quite big balcony. Breakfast was very good. Itay the host at the restaurant was super nice. The only thing that was a trouble at the pool, were was a group of people that put very loud music ( Mizrahi) and noone told them to turn it off.It seems that bodyguard didn't want to deal with them. Why others need to suffer? But in overall, the hotel is very good and I will recommend to stay there, if you are not looking to stay at the Tel Aviv center. The beach is less than 5 min walking distance.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Ingush

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback.
I'm sorry about the incident at the pool.
I do hope to see you again among our guests.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

We had two deluxe rooms with side sea view. The hotel is actually mixed hotel/ permanent residents and the pool view is the advantage of the resident owned apartments. These pool view apartments can be rented from the owners but don't include cleaning/ breakfast as standard.
The rooms are very large but the furnishings are not luxurious. The rooms are designed for self catering but they are not equipped with crockery/cutlery/cooking utensils.
The pool was beautiful and spotlessly clean, with plenty of sun beds, even on Shabbat, and no need for reserving of beds with towels. Pool bar was great but poor service.
Breakfast was very good with excellent service from Ali and his team.
We didn't have a hire car and took cabs to very nearby herzliya and tel-aviv central.
My husband and boys used the gym which was very well air conditioned with a good range of equipment.
Best part was the almost private beach, less than 5 mins walk behind the hotel, complete with an excellent beach bar serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The general manager, Rinat, needs to disseminate some of her excellent customer service skills to certain members of staff on the reception and house keeping staff.

Room tip: If you want to overlook the pool/sea view you need to rent one of the privately owned apartments.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Anat A, General Manager at West Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2016

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for you for your nice feedback.
I'm happy that we have met your expectaions.
I'm looking forward to seeing you again at the West hotel.

Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

We booked 2 suites for a family stay in August 2016. While the hotel is relatively new it is already very tired. No way is this a 5 star hotel, not even close. The rooms are shabby and the split of the suite between living space and sleeping space leads to a very cramped space for sleeping. The bed is dreadful, it as if they specified the absolutely cheapest bed possible. The same is true of everything else in the room from linen to the toiletries. The decor is no way near that of other Tamares hotels and it is telling that in their own Tamares brochure in the room they don't show a picture of a room at The West. Even the cleaning of the room was sub-standard with dirt visible after the room was serviced. We didn't feel comfortable walking around the room without our feet being covered.

The story continues outside where there are no towels at the pool, you are expected to take your own from the room - seriously ?? The pool loungers must have been purchased at the same store as the beds, with the brief being just how cheap can we get some loungers. The most uncomfortable loungers I've ever experienced. A similar experience in the gym where again you need to take towels from the room and bring your own water. Utterly pathetic.

Want a drink or some food at the pool ? Good luck as there were no staff at the bar. So I went to reception to politely ask them to get some staff. They sent me to the restaurant who in turn sent me back to reception. You get my drift by now, this hotel doesn't really get the concept of service.

If all this wasn't bad enough this must be the only kosher hotel in all Israel that doesn't have a restaurant offering meals on a Friday night which makes it a complete no go for any observant Jews.

I guess we should have been on notice at check in when they asked us to pay in advance in full for the entire week. I assume they need to do this or people would check out as quickly as they checked in.

In summary the worst hotel experience we've ever had. Avoid this hotel at all costs, seriously over priced 1-2 star masquerading as a 5 star, a stain on the Israeli hotel industry.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank JElondon1
Anat A, General Manager at West Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize that we haven't met your expectations during your stay with us.
The building is a complex of private apartments and hotel suites and this explains some of your comments.
in case you will decided to give us a second chance, I will be more than happy to take personal care of your reservation.
please feel free to contact me via mail:
anat.azulay@tamareshotels.co.il

Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

It was a perfect moment
The service was super professional from the beginning at the end it was just a little Bubble of happiness
The breakfast is really good and rich
Ali in the restaurant is taking care of all the people with smile and kindness - the food of the chef is just delicious
As I said before a perfect moment

Aviva Maman unit 67

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank AvivaM5
Anat A, General Manager at West Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Dear Aviva,
I would like to thank you for your warm feedback and the compliments about Ali and ths staff.
I was happy to read that we have met all your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We are looking forward for your next visit at the West hotel.