“Absolutely horrible - smelly rooms, unfriendly reception, bad location”

West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv
Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked this supposedly boutique 5 star hotel online and expected a great experience - paid $500+ per night. Arrived late and no one showed for work that night in the reception so the
security guy was behind the counter. He had no clue and could not find our reservation.

The hotel is probably a transformed apartment building. It lacks quality and looks like it has been empty for a while before it was turned into a hotel. You share the elevators with the cleaning carts. The area around the hotel is a building zone with no charm what-so-ever. It is NOT in Tel Aviv and you can not walk to anything.

Our room was SO NOT the luxurious suite we were promised online. Tiny and worst of all - everything was so damp and humid that even the sheets on the beds felt WET. We travelled with 2 children but their bed was made for one. The view is towards a horrid apartment building and cranes.

After almost no sleep we just wanted to leave this hotel. The reception was VERY unfriendly.

The only positive thing to mention was that the General Manager found us after check out and apologized for the bad experience - tried to persuade us to stay another night and gave us a 25% discount on our first night. We would NOT have stayed another night had it been free of charge.

Went to central Tel Aviv and had a great hotel experience after this first horrid night.

1  Thank Sophie G
Anat A, General Manager at West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on in the site especially regarding your check in experience.

Some issues could have been rectified during your stay as my team and I are available to guests all the time.

I wish to assure you that we at the West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation.
Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

If you are planning on returning to the Tel Aviv, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
I also invite you to send me your personal mail address so I can speak to you in person.
My mail address is: anat.azulay@tamareshotels.co.il

Best Regards
Anat Azulay

There are newer reviews for West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Each year I treat my growing family to a few nights at the beach. After one disappointing and one abysmal stay at the Daniel Herzliya Hotel I set our sites for Tel Aviv. And my review of the West Boutique Hotel is FANTASTIC! We were five adults and seven children - children 10 and under in three rooms.

The hotel is new, fresh and clean. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Two of the three rooms were available before 3pm check in (we arrived at 1pm). The third room was available promptly at 3pm.

The pool is fantastic! It is large with plenty of lounge chairs. The deep end is no deeper than five feet. Which is very accommodating to all. And their is also a kiddie pool. Best of all the West Boutique is the only hotel you see. So you get a lot of sun and do not feel crowded by other hotels.

To get to the beach you got out of the front door and walk around the hotel. They charge you 7NIS for entry which is reimbursed by the hotel. Convenient and accommodating.

I liked the rooms. They are "boutique style". Tile floor instead of carpet. Which I believe is cleaner. Because it is a suite hotel there is a full kitchen, disguised handily behind drawers and cabinets. Even the fridge is behind a door. And the wood used throughout is zebra wood. Very cool. The balcony was spacious. We had kids in pull out beds in every room and did not feel cramped. I especially liked the bedrooms. Small and comfy.

The hotel is all dairy and kosher. Breakfast was good. It is not the "over the top" breakfast found in the larger hotels.But we did not mind it at all. No omelet station, but you ordered it from a waiter. A large selection of all the usual breads, salads. Most of all the coffee was great.

Selections for lunch at the pool were so much better than the standard hot dog and hamburgers. They had a selection of salads, pizza, etc. The staff at the pool was great.

Overall I would stay that this was an excellent stay in a excellent hotel and we all look forward to returning. We stated in rooms 64, 65 & 66 and had sea views. Unlike other hotels in Herzliya, there was parking on the premises.

This hotel is "off the beaten track" so you do need a car or a cab to get you to the "hot spots" in Tel Aviv. I thoroughly enjoyed not being on the beach in the city of Tel Aviv.

Funny also that this property is owned by the Daniel Herzliya. What a difference!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Anat A, Manager at West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for such a flattering review; hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay is incredibly gratifying. Guest feedback is of the utmost importance to us so we appreciate that you chose to share with us and the TripAdvisor community.

I would be happy to know in advance about your next visit at the West Hotel Tel Aviv, in order to take care personally of your reservation.

Please feel free to contact me.
My mail address is: anat.azulay@tamareshotels.co.il

Best Regards,
Anat Azulay

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for four days and wish we hadn't. Although the rooms were relatively nice and the restaurant staff was very friendly (when they weren't totally overwhelmed), the front desk staff and total lack of customer service made our entire stay far less than what we had hoped for. There is very poor and intermittent free wifi in the lobby - otherwise, wifi costs $21/day per device and is also intermittent. The "spa" and fitness center have no towels and no attendants although the actual workout equipment is good. Again, no wifi in the fitness center. The rooms were sparse, but our suite did have a small bedroom, bathroom, and living room with pull out couch. The shower head did not work and kept spewing water all over the bathroom - a big problem when you get one towel per room anyway... We had 7 rooms for 4 nights (28 room nights) reserved, yet the front desk staff refused to extend checkout time for even an hour. Half of our party moved to a different hotel because they were so fed up. Although the hotel's website and physical address imply that it is in Tel Aviv "on the beach", it is really neither. The cab ride to the wharf area of the promenade costs 50-90 shekels (make sure you tell the driver to use the meter), and is NOT in walking distance. Most cab drivers do not know where this property is, so make sure you either take a map to show them or have the address with you. This was surprising, as it is actually easy to find, but most cab drivers will insist that it is in Herziliyah until they actually get you there. The beach is not like that in the main part of Tel Aviv. It is very narrow and very overcrowded. The water, however, is great. There is a charge to get to the beach that is only "partially" refunded by the hotel if you bring them a dry receipt. Good luck with that. All in all, stay somewhere else. Anything you think you will save in room rates by avoiding the Sheraton/Carlton/Hilton will be more than eaten up by cab rides back and forth to Tel Aviv.

1  Thank Kaylen26
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed in West hotel for 2 nights during the weekend with my husband.
This is a new hotel with modern decoration. rooms decoration and pool area are nice, but that is all!!!
We ordered a room with a sea side view, but it was very difficult to see the sea from the balcony due to buildings blocking the view.
The rooms were unclean: hairs in the bathroom and on the bed and stained towels.
The breakfast was terrible: the selection was very poor, the bread was dry (as if it was a few days old), and small flies rested all over the food!!! As if that wasn't enough, I also found a hair in my food
An additional thing regarding the pool towels- each guest gets only 1 pool towel. if you need to replace it while staying at the pool (since it gets wet), you have to ask the room service to send an additional towel to your room, or get dressed, leave the pool area and ask the reception (in the lobby) for an extra towel. There is no option to replace the towel in the pool area itself.
Since there are plenty hotels in Tel-Aviv area (and a lot of these hotels are located in central Tel-Aviv, unlike west hotel which is located far away from city center), I would recommend to stay in a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel is located near the peacful part of north Tel Aviv.

Architecture is nice. Parking – very comfortable. Lovely swimming pool.
Rooms are perfect – very clean, comfortable, and spacious.

Reception personnel – kind and helpful.

Food at breakfast – delicious. Stuff at breakfast tried to provide good service, bur they were too young and absolutely with no experience at all.

Some corners of the lobby and corridors were not clean.
Reception area must be re-designed.

We will come back soon, because we trust TAMARES and sure our notes will be taken in consideration.

Room Tip: Sea View is marvelous !
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was in Tel Aviv for business that took me all over Israel during a week and the West was a perfect home base. Close enough to Tel Aviv to get into the city easily but far enough outside that I could avoid the traffic to the other locations I needed to go to. Then, every evening I came "home" to a great beach, a clean and comfortable suite, and great service. Perfect!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank MSGworldwide
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Everything in this hotel is up-to-date and very contemporary. Comfortalbe and quiet and well run. Just a few minutes from the lively scenes of Tel Aviv. Not to be missed!

One bedroom flats with a large balcony and fridge as well as microwave are included. That means you can save some calories and shekels taking some of the meals in your own "home" away from home.

Room Tip: All suits are equally nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo