“too expensive, bad service, far away from center”

West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv
Ranked #46 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I don't recommend this hotel to anyone, unless you go there in summer and want to stay all day at the (boring) beach. Otherwise the hotel is just extremely expensive, very far away from the center, and has the worst service possible: We asked 1. how to get the city center, answer: only by taxi, which was not true since we discovered a bus later on our own, and 2. how to get to the bus station of the inter-city bus to the North (there are not very many lines, we even knew the number and the name of the station), answer: only by taxi. Which was again not true as we discovered after having been cheated by the taxi driver who took us to a different station much further away. The one we wanted to reach was just around the corner. It was a big hazzle to get the reception inform us of bus hours, organize an adaptation plug, or anything else. The breakfast was good but the service again was ridiculous: We asked for boiled soft eggs and got completely raw eggs. After sending them back we received almost completely raw eggs, boiled probably for some seconds only, not edible. That's not what to expect from such an expensive place.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bagro77

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I love this hotel.

More than anything, I love it because the employees in every Department went out of their way to make my visit a great one. Whether it be the front desk personnel (who made a tour reservation for me and followed up, loaned my an electrical converter, or wrote down the address I was going to so I had something in hebrew to hand the taxi driver), the restaurant staff
(who remembered how I like my coffee latte, kept the buffet filled with great food items, and kept my table inprestine shape thoroughout every meal), or the other staff members such as housekeeping, they all had a smile, a great attitude, and were anxious to go out of their way to provide service. When I told the on-duty manager that I was going to the business center, he even stopped in to make sure I had everything I needed.

The rooms are very comfortable, suite sytle with a living room and kitchenette. Not luxurious, but clean, well laid out, comfortable and practical.
There was a nice assortment of toiletries and sundries when arrived, as well as a dried fruit plate and water.

The fitness center is more than adequate, and the staff member there is more of a personal trainer quality than locker atendant. He was perfectly happy to chat with guests and offer suggestions.

The hotel is a little out of the action, and not for you if yo want a downtown Tel Aviv property. I took a taxi 2 days to Tel Aviv and Jaffa, and 6 days to Herzylia. One hint: Ask to be on the meter, not a flat rate. The exception is to/from the airport.Fares where the drivers quoted from $30-$40 were $15-$20 on the meter.

I searched around for room rates, and the best rate was on the Hotel's own web site.

I definitely plan to stay at West aain when I return to Israel. I just hope not too many catch on and it gets hard to make a reservation.

Oh, many of the items on the breakfast buffet are the same each day. However, the entrees change..and some were amazing. Also, the omelette was one of the very best ever, as was the latte. I had both almost every day (they don't make omelettes or Lattee on Saturday, the Sabbath, because those machines are not turned on.) They even put some items into my omelettes that were not on the menu.

Room Tip: When going by taxi, use the meter instead of a flat rate (except to/from the airport).
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cubaol
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is a very hotel, and it's much cheaper than the Tel Aviv equivalents, although a little out of the way. But OK for business, Staff were excellent and the breakfast really great. Free Wifi in rooms, and nice business centre.

The rooms are nicely laid out with a lounge room/kitchenette (with a coffee maker, nice coffee to make in it, lots of free nibbles, olives, etc), a bedroom (with a small work area for laptop), and 2 flat screen TVs, iron and ironing board, etc

There is also a wet and dry sauna spa and gym.
Just a few niggles, eg, the bathtub and shower being the biggest. The tub is really narrow and has a shower over, so you get wet reaching in and turning on the water, then when you get in you find it is so narrow, that the taps stick into your leg. Even if you turn sideways it is uncomfortable, and the glass screen is so small that water sprays onto the floor, so you step out and into a big soggy mess. Also but minor niggles include,no plug for the handbasin, no clothes line for handing out your little bits and pieces, and no where to drain your dishes near the sink.

Other than those, it was great although one of our team had to change rooms because someone had been smoking in it (even though it is a no smoking hotel) and found in the second room dirty sheets and discarded smelly runners in the iron board cupboard..

Room Tip: Any room is OK but you pay more for a seaview room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DRMB
Reviewed January 5, 2012

As an israeli that lives in the US for the past 15 years I was looking for a suite by the beach.
So here we go:
Location is amazing, walking to the beach and in a really great spot.
You WILL need a car or pay for cabs (easy to get) going back and forth from the center of Tel Aviv or the pier. about 10 minutes drive I would say.

5 minutes from hertzelia Marina where there is restaurants and a mall.

Hotel was NOT clean and was our biggest issue, also the builder finish was low and that is such a shame, felt like they run our of $$ in the last stages of the build.

DON'T expect ocean view suite since those are apartments rented on a semi yearly base.

Food was good except on Saturday since they are Kosher.

All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: this is a suite hotel and they have full kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Milan M
Reviewed October 15, 2011

stayed at the hotel 4 days me with my wife and the 2 years old boy. the hotel is located near "glilot" junction, 10 minutes walk from "mandarin" shoping center and cinema lev, 2 minutes walk from "tzuk" beach but 10 minutes drive from the city of tlv. its very good located next to the best brach but outside the heart of tlv.
the hotel and rooms are oltra-modern, well designed and furnished, the place is all very comftable, the rooms are large and include living room and badroom,and equipt kitchen.
breakfast is great, deliciouse for true. unfortanetaly other food -we tried few dishes during the day are not recomandad at all.
great place to stay, eat breakfast and go down to the best beach in tlv !!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel is new, modern, supremely cool. It's located right on the beach and it has a magnificent swimming pool. Our room had a small kitchen area, a nice bedroom, a small living room, and a washer/dryer, and it was big enough for 4 of us (sharing one bathroom).
But -- and this is a big but -- if you want to be in Tel Aviv, this is not the hotel for you. There is no place to walk to from this hotel -- no restaurants, shops, museums, coffee houses, nothing. It's at least a 20 minute cab ride to any Tel Aviv sites.
For a weekend of vegging on the beach, this is perfect. For seeing Tel Aviv, stay someplace else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Judith P
Reviewed September 12, 2011

New, clean bright modern,
every room has a balcony with a view of sunset on the med

Room Tip: I may have one of the least desirable rooms on the property and it was great
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business