“"Brown" is the colour of my true love”

Brown TLV Urban Hotel
Ranked #16 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“"Brown" is the colour of my true love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Brown hotel is a brilliant place to stay in Tel Aviv, for both business and pleasure purposes.
I am art director of the well-known design studio, and visiting the city once a month for the last year and a half, for business.
After trying a variety of local boutique hotels my conclusion is that Brown is the best composition of design, comfort, beautiful colours, location, and polite and well-trained staff - which is ah! not very common in the area, no matter how many ££££ you pay.
Very recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Ira A,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are very happy that you enjoy staying with us and appreciate our design, central location and the dedication of our staff.

On a more personal note, we consider you a part of Brown TLV family and we are very happy that you feel at home with us and keep choosing us as your home when in Tel Aviv.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Brown TLV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently stayed at Browns TLV for two night before moving to the David Intercontinental (a supposedly 5* hotel!!). The difference in service between these two hotels was unbelievable, I was welcomed instantly on arrival at Browns, and nothing I asked for was too much trouble. The staff were friendly, helpful and pleasant. The opposite to the David, where the use of the word no was far too frequent. Browns was beautifully designed to a very high standard and unlike most other hotels in Tel Aviv it offered free wifi. Tel Aviv hotels could learn a lot from Browns, and the need for more boutique hotels like this one. My only criticism would be to say the rooms are very small and I would request a big room if I were to return. Thanks Browns for a great stay xx

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Anon1539,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel.

We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt the service was helpful and pleasant.

We do indeed offer complementary Wi-Fi to our guests at all hotel premises and do our outmost to provide our guests all amenities and services they might require during their stay an throw in a few extra ones to make their stay as pampering and carefree as possible.

We thank you again for sharing your experience at the Brown TLV and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

this was th worst boutique hotel experience I've ever had.
An international traveller I booked for 2 nights but stayed just one.
I arrived and the lovely ethiopian cleaner helped me settle whilst he walked around looking for someone to attend to my check in. The staff was inexpereinced. The room - the best i was told ! - smelt like old sewerage pipes. Whilst the bed was comfortable enough the bathroom was not clean and the room underequipped.

In the evening going to the opera I asked the "concierge" to order me a cab. She had NO idea, spoke in french thinking I didnt understand and was extrremely rude....and stupid.
I took care of the transport issue myself. She couldnt even do that.
I would never stay again and never recommend this property to friends or clients.

Room Tip: choose a good room in another hotel not here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sofiabotticelli
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Sofiabotticelli,

Thank you for your review.

We were truly sorry to read that you had a bad experience while staying with us. We offer you our sincere apologies.

The Brown TLV strives to provide that best and most personal service to our guests and does it's outmost to accommodate them and provide all services and amenities needed to make their stay as comfortable and pampering as possible. We usually pride ourselves in having a very high guest satisfaction and are very sorry that on this occasion we didn't.

Please note that we have taken into consideration each and every issue you mentioned and have handled it accordingly in order to make sure that they do not reoccur.

We truly hope you welcome you back and allow us to offer you an amending experience and change your opinion about us.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We just spent 3 nights at the Brown TLV and it was a wonderful. Cool vibe, comfortable, great location. But, the most outstanding feature of this hotel is the people who work there. Absolutely delightful. Smiles, courtesy, great recommendations for dinner and touring, extremely efficient and caring. They took great pride in being part of the hotel, as if it was their home and they were making us feel welcome. We loved being able to walk to the various associated restaurants for breakfast. Tel Aviv is a city to explore, it evolves and is vibrant and there is no better place to begin and end your day than this little brown gem. Jacqui

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Jacqui S,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your time at the Brown TLV and that you found our recommendations useful and accurate.

As you rightly pointed out, the entire staff is very proud of the hotel and of their job and truly enjoy helping make our guests vacation an unforgettable one. We thank you for noticing this.

We are glad that you made good use of our central location and took the time to explore our great surroundings which are constantly developing and offering new shops, galleries and charming cafes and restaurants.

We hope to see you back very soon.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We spent time in 4 hotels in Israel on our trip and this was the best hotel we stayed in. Beautifully decorated, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent customer service. The rooms were neat and modern. Would definitely go back!

Dear DebbieRab,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel.

We are very happy that you had enjoyed your time at the Brown TLV and are glad to hear that you will be coming back.

We are appreciate your kind words about our customer service. We try to provide our guests the same service we wish to experience when traveling and we are glad that you notice this.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Claremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel is really cool, it has an amazing look on the inside, very clean and modern looking. The staff was insanely polite and helpful. At one point the girl at the front desk overheard that I was unhappy w/ the a cabbie quoting an absurd price, she pulled him outside and clearly reamed him and I got a fair rate. The bars are cool and have nice drinks and they attract a hip crowd. I was worried that w/ the bars being popular that the entire hotel would be noisy at night, but that wasn't a problem. They have a cool breakfast option where you don't dine at the hotel but have the choice of several really cool bfast places w/in walking distance. This is definitely a place to stay if you are young and appreciate a nice atmosphere.

Dear C L,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the hotel's design and atmosphere.

We thank you for your kind words about our staff. They are very dedicated and will do their outmost to make sure our guests have an amazing experience during their stay.

We are very glad that you enjoyed our bars which have become two of the most vibrant and happening places in town.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Tel Aviv.

ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am reluctant to write a glowing review for Brown TLV because quite frankly I want to make sure that it does not become so popular that I can't get a room here when I'm in town. I've stayed at several hotels in Tel Aviv over the past 3 years. You can check out my other reviews to see what I thought of them. These include The Dan Tel Aviv (the big one), The Intercontinental, Townhouse and Rothchild. They all had their positives and negatives. Most were great. Rothchild and Townhouse bill themselves as boutique, designer hotels but they are really urban B&Bs. There's nothing wrong with that, but neither have bars or much of a social life revolving around the hotel like you'd expect from similarly billed hotels in NY or London.

Brown is the first one that I've stayed at that makes a solid attempt at the concept. Yes, everything is brown (why???). The lobby is open with casual seating, music and not much of a reception. Pretty much what you'd expect from a designer hotel. Straight through the lobby to the back is an outdoor patio bar with building sized videos projected on nearby townhouses and in the evening a DJ. I never spent much time there but it was busy every night of my stay. It looked lively and fun. And ironically, even when I went to bed and the party was still going downstairs, I couldn't hear a thing in my room.

On the roof (4th floor), there is a second, quieter, rooftop bar. Couches and massage tables wrap around the roof and there is even a hot tub up there.

So if you want to stay someplace that seems to have a lively nightlife going, this place has it for now. I haven't stayed at any other boutique hotels in TLV where this was available.

I had a great room. It was a deluxe with a pull out sofa and king sized bed. Bathrooms were small as expected. TV set up was pretty haphazard, but I liked the overall feel, especially the dark stained tropical wood floors. Really nice to stay in a hotel with no carpeting. I slept great. It was a very comfortable room.

Check in was a little strange. My reservations were visible but apparently canceled by someone but the girl at the desk found another, better room for me that actually cost less than my original reservation. A little hiccup but all good in the end.

I did not have breakfast. There is no restaurant in the hotel, maybe this will change in the future because they have great space for an outdoor cafe in the back. But for now, they have a deal with local restaurants for a free breakfast. I was working and did not have time to sample any of them, but this concept strikes me as inconvenient and one that they should try to insource quickly. Not a deal breaker but definitely not convenient either. That said, if you are tourist, all of the restaurants in this area, and Israel generally, have great breakfasts so I am sure the quality of the food is good.

Anyone reviewing this hotel and giving poor marks for the neighborhood does not understand Tel Aviv. This hotel is about as centrally and ideally located as any place could possibly be. It is literally two blocks to Rothchild Blvd, Tel Aviv's upscale restaurant row, one block from Nahalit Binyamin Street, another street with trendy restaurants and bars, two or three blocks from the newly revitalized Yemen district near Carmel Market, two blocks from upscale, soho-like Neve Tzedek, four or five blocks from the beach -- you really can't get a better location. And to top it off, it is one of the quietest hotels I have stayed at in Tel Aviv (with the exclusion of the giant chains on the beach). All of TLV is under construction and development so the work or dilapidation that some reviewers note is merely the evidence of a city under continuous transition. That's part of the excitement of Tel Aviv. If you come to Tel Aviv expecting clean pristine boulevards and beach area like south of France, you have come to the wrong place. Tel Aviv is a growth city rapidly trying to figure out what it is going to be. The graffiti and older buildings are a fake out to what is really going on here - it is an energetic, friendly and incredibly local (doesn't cater to tourists because the locals keep it going pretty well on their own) city. In recent years, people have made TLV their destination, and the city is adapting. It's all good. Have an open mind, understand what is happening and be glad that you are there to share it all. It took me several visits to really get Tel Aviv. It can look dirty and ugly and messy - but like other big cities, once you dig in, you learn what it's really about. And TLV has so much positive going for it that it shouldn't be overlooked on any trip to Israel.

So getting back to the Brown... this new designer hotel exemplifies the push to trendiness that is happening in Tel Aviv and executes really well. It's location is perfect. Any local would tell you this. Have fun, but don't go when I"m going--

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank glbtrvler
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Glbtrvler,

Thank you for your kind review.

We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially our lively atmosphere and our new bars.

We are happy that your room was to your liking and that you had a comfortable and peaceful sleep.

We were sorry to hear that you did not have the chance to experience any of our breakfast cafes. Each one is unique and offers a different side of Tel Aviv. Since we are located in such a great location, the outdoor cafes (which are located only a few minutes' walk from the hotel) are a great way to experience the city as a local and explore our surroundings. Hopefully you will have the change to check them out on your next stay with us.

We thank you again for choosing to share your experience at the Brown TLV and look forward to welcome you back at your next visit.