“A design gem in the heart of Tel Aviv”

Brown TLV Urban Hotel
Ranked #19 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here over a weekend and was really impressed with many things... First, the location is fantastic, especially if you want to explore Neve Tzedek and South Tel Aviv. Second, the design of the hotel is very cool... retro, stylish, luxurious, with very high attention to detail. The room was small but had everything we needed.

The hotel bar was also a nice place to spend some time, and we had a couple's massage which was very good indeed.

Just don't expect room service, and breakfast is at any of three local coffee shops in the area within a few minutes walk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tal1976
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Tal 1976,

Thank you for your lovely review.

It was very nice to hear that you were impressed by our location and design and noticed all the small details of our décor.

We are happy that you enjoyed our Garden Lounge which is indeed a great place to spend some time and relax and had the chance to experience our pampering spa.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your impression of the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon to the hotel.

With kind Regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Located in quiet street, not far from Carmael Bazar and Jaffa.
The rooms are clean but very small. For breakfast we shuld go to coffee sho, 500 meters from the hotel. The hitel is very clean and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Shlomo_12,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful location, minutes' walk away from Neve Tzedek, Nachalat Binyamin and Rothshild boulevard.

Our rooms are indeed urban in size but well-appointed and as you rightly pointed out, we have very high cleanliness standarts.
Please note that we also have larger rooms which we will be happy to reserve for you on your next stay.

We look forward welcoming you back to the Brown TLV.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Arrived late night, check in was effective and receptionist personally showed me my room. Room is not that big but sufficient. There are complementary bottle of Israeli wine, two bottles of still water and chocolate. Cava is always available at the reception. The bed provided good sleeping quality. Bathroom was little dark and it was not convenient to shave due to lack of light. The shower could be better cleaned after the previous guests.
There is very nice coffee area on the back yard. It is convenient for business meetings. Wifi is complementary and sufficient for Skype.
At the day I was leaving there was bikini show that added an additional joy to the stay. Will recommend this hotel to my friends and will stay in the place next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear MagusRU,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt you can wholeheartedly recommend us to your friends.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our different pampering welcome gifts and felt the hotel was convenient for meetings.

Please note that your comment about your shower has been seriously taken to our attention and will be handled accordingly.

We thank you again for taking the time to post your review and very much look forward to your next visit at the Brown TLV.

Guest relations manager

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic boutique hotel. From the second I walked in the staff was ready to help with everything.

The lobby is very cool. Check-in is at a little desk where I had an actual conversation with the young lady checking me in. It was more like visiting with a friend after a very long flight from the states.

My room was small but decorated very trendy. The sheets and pillows were a dream. My balcony did not overlook much, but it was great to have the door open in the evening.

A bottle of wine and chocolates were waiting on my bed. After throwing down my bag I headed to their new terrace bar. Again great staff and just what I needed to relax.

The next morning, I went for a run on the beach, which is about two blocks away. This hotel is in a great location. While I was running, the morning staff kindly charged my iPhone. Speaking of my iPhone, the wifi at the Brown TLV is fast. I never had any problems with my phone or iPad connecting. I even carried on a video chat with a colleague back in the states.

After my run, I enjoyed morning coffee at the terrace bar. Great way to start the day.

Again the morning staff was terrific. Instead of an on-site restaurant they recommend three near by choices. I picked a delicious corner cafe.

My one regret is that I only stayed one night as I was meeting friends in Jerusalem. But even then, the staff at the front desk were extremely helpful in getting me on the right track to Jerusalem.

I hope to return soon to Tel Aviv and will be staying at the Brown TLV. The staff is phenomenal!

I highly recommend this fine boutique hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Cortesokc,

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to share the experience of your stay with us.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and are glad to hear that although your stay with us was a short one, we made an impression and gained a new friend.

We love pampering our guests and providing them with the best quality products. Thank you for noticing all the small touches.

We appreciate you kind words about our staff, who are the heart and soul of the hotel. We are very proud of them.

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend at this very good boutique hotel in Tel Aviv. It was a great experience and I would recommend it anytime!
Reception: You sit down and get a glass of Cava while checking in. The staff is very service-minded and will answer any question and help you with your wishes. They helped us to get a table at a fully booked restaurant we wanted to visit. Everyone we met had the same mindset, but Sue was special!
Rooms: We had a classic and it was not very big... but the decoration and the nice bed made up for it! And to be honest, when in Tel Aviv you do not spend that much time in the room.
Bath: Great waterfall shower and good size. Nice amenities from the Dead Sea.
Lobby and ground floor bar: Nice and homey. Especially the terrace is great with different kinds of chairs and tables. Good for a coffee or a drink in between.
Breakfast: Brown has a different approach. Instead of having a breakfast room they give you the choice of three different nearby cafes to choose from. We tried all and they are all very nice, but we liked the Birenbaum best. Good israeli breakfast served by the two wonderful ladies who have been running the establishment since 1962.
Internet: Good speed and free (btw there is free internet in most restaurants in Tel Aviv)
Loyalty programme: For every time you come back they will give a bigger discount.
Coming back: Definitely!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Travellerwithstyle,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

We are very glad to hear that you had a great experience staying with us and felt our staff was helpful and service-minded.

We couldn't agree more with you comment about Tel Aviv not being a place to stay in your room. It is an amazing city that keeps changing and developing and you can always find a great new place that you never saw before.

We are glad that you appreciated our design, breakfast places, bathrooms and amenities.

As you rightly pointed out, we appreciate our returning guests and hope to count you among them very soon.

Guest Relations manager

Reviewed February 26, 2013

From the minute I arrived to the moment I checked out I loved this hotel. I stay in many boutique hotels across the US and Europe and Brown TLV is one of the best. Though the room is on the small side the furnishings, decor, quality of the sheets, style of the room and bathroom are just really cool. I was traveling on business and a good internet connection is a must. Never did I have a problem with bandwidth nor quality of connection. The Lobby is just to cool. I especially loved the 20ft April 1970 Playboy cover poster on the wall across from the check in desk. The outdoor bar and seating area is perfect for meetings or just hanging out. Now for the best part of the stay, the staff! Never have I experienced more genuinely friendly and helpful staff. From the Sacher Hotel in Vienna to the boutique hotels in the US, none of them can compete with this staff. Warm friendly smiles, great sense of humor and a can do attitude. Upon check in I asked if they had a yoga mat I could use. They didn't, thought it was a good tip and the next day as I walked past the check in desk one of the staff called out, "Mr. (my last name), we have a yoga mat for you...". Wow!

Pro:

Staff
Decor
Location
Cool rooms
Staff
Roof deck with 3 outdoor showers and an outdoor bath tub!
Staff
Outdoor bar and seating area
Staff (ok, you get the point.... ;-)

Con:

Ok, rooms are a little small.....?
The view from the balcony overlooked a construction site
(really nothing)

I will return!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Sailingbill63,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience in the Brown TLV and posting your kind review.

It means a lot to us to hear that you loved your stay with us and we managed to make you feel at home.
We are happy that you liked our warm retro design and appreciated the quality of our amenities and Wi-Fi.

We thank you for your kind words about our staff who will indeed go on and beyond to assist and provide a great experience.

We will hold you to your promise to return to the hotel  and hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed 3 nights at Brown TLV, checked out to travel 4 nights and then returned for our final 2 nights. The hotel invited us to store all our bulky luggage with them and had our room waiting for our return with all our stored luggage. Every time we walked in the lobby, we were greeted as returning family. We ate breakfast at each of the 4 Cafes and loved each one. We could order whatever we wanted and were never charged or had to sign for anything. The Brown TLV has unlimited free wifi and is located in the perfect location. We walked everywhere from the hotel: neve Tzedek, Rothschild, Jaffa, beach, Nachalat Benjamin, Carmel market, King George, Shenkin Street, Independence hall. Everything was conveniently located. The concierge made dinner recommendations and reservations. We were a group of up to 4 rooms and needed flexibility as we adjusted our plans. The hotel happily adjusted our reservations and allowed last minute changes to accommodate unexpected changes in our itinerary. On my last day, I bought a large painting at Nachalat Benjamin after being assured by the artist that I could either bring it on the plane or to the post office. When I got back to the hotel, I realized The post office was closed for Shabbat and I could not manage to bring the painting on the plane with me. The manager of the hotel offered to store the art and arrange to have it shipped on the next working day after I left. They saved me lots of worries and made sure our every need was attended to. The free bottle of Israeli wine and chocolates were delicious. I highly recommend the Brown TLV and will not stay anywhere else in Tel Aviv. I am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Btaiavone,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We hope the art work arrived safe. We are always happy to assist our guest and a quick trip to the post office, is really the least we can do to make sure you had a pleasant experience with us and can take home a great reminder of your time in Israel.

We are very happy that you enjoyed our great location and had the opportunity to explore our wonderful city as well as all our handpicked breakfast cafes.

Thank you very much for taking the time of posting your review.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.