Brown TLV Urban Hotel
$450
$373
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Gordon Hotel & Lounge(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
$280
Atlas.co.il
$272
$264
Travelocity
BY 14 TLV Hotel(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
$286
$222
HotelQuickly
1,199 results
All reviewsrelax roomneve tzedekbreakfast conceptrooftop barcarmel marketsun deckgreat hotelcool hotelnahalat binyaminrooms are smallrothschild boulevardfree bikeswalking distanceperfect locationdeluxe roomgreat boutiquefree coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We celebrated our anniversary and went for only one night.
Came back today, and I had to write immediately.
The hotel is designed with 70's spirit retro chic, which is nice and special.
There's a deck on the roof for sun bathing, which at the evenings turns into a quiet pub, where you can sit or lay down on one of the beds.
The rooms are nice and cosy, if you have claustrophobia , you'd better take the larger rooms.we were fine with the regular room.
There are free hot drinks , cookies , chocolates and cake at the lobby, which adds an extra nice touch.
So, for people who come to Tel Aviv and wish to be in a different kind of hotel, not a large one with hundreds of rooms, and don't wish to be on the beach,( even though the see it within minutes of walking), but at the city canter, close to Rotshild st. , Neve zedek, and HaKarmel market I recommend the Brown hotel very much.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are quite small, if you're comming for more than two or three days and have a lot of luggage, take the larger room. We stayed at the regular,and it was fina for a short stay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Ganit_w,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to hear that you chose to spend your anniversary with us and even more that you enjoyed your stay.

We indeed try to offer a unique experience and provide an urban escape for guests who come to explore a different side of the city.
I am glad that you got to enjoy our newly opened roof top bar which is a testament of the hotel's constant development.

We thank you for your recommendation and hope to welcome you back soon to the hotel.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

New hotel with very good design in a seventies style. Standard room rather small (15 sq meters) but with the glass bathroom it made it appear more spacious.
The location couldn't be any better: close to the heart of new Tlv, Neve Tzedek and Rothchild str. with the nicests bars and restaurants.
The service was excellent and made you feel very comfortable. The free coffee and cookies at the hotel's lobby was very convinient (since the breakfast was served elsewhere). The free bicycles was also a big help to get arround Tlv.
The free access to a close by gym is also a plus (I prefer hotels that offer a free pass to an external gym rather than having an in-house so called "gym").
The sound of the aircondition (room 106) was quite annoying.
What I didn't really appreciate was the breakfast which was served in one of three restaurants (close by). I always take breakfast packages when I travel and I don't like having limitations on how much coffee I want to drink or that I can only have juice or coffee. And additional to that I have to pay a service charge of 10-15% at the restaurant (upon to which amount since I didn't pay anything?). I would sugest to anyone interested in the hotel to go for the standard accomondation (without the breakfast).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Happy_Kampy,

Thank you for your honest review.

We are happy that you felt comfortable with us and that you enjoyed the hotel's design and our various services and features. We do our very best to make sure that our guests have an easy access to all services they might require. Our central location is a great advantage and it enables us to provide a rounded urban experience.

I was unpleasantly surprised to hear that you were asked to pay service for your breakfast. Our breakfast, which as you rightly pointed out is served in one of three coffee houses nearby, is included in the room rate and the hotel is responsible for the service fee. I can assure you that we have attended the matter in order to prevent this incident from reoccurring.

I wish to thank you again for sharing your experience in our hotel and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

As a solo traveler, the tiny room did not bother me - it felt cozy and fun. The wonderful details like a complementary flute of Cava wine, chocolates, robe and slippers helped as well. And, the common areas are inviting to hang out in with complementary beverages and snacks always supplied. An ipad is thoughtfully placed for looking up local attractions and English and other newspapers are available every morning. In addition, the breakfast that comes with the room is actually a choice of three different restaurants, all of them excellent options for great food. I LOVED my stay here, and that's without mentioning my bath in the rooftop bathtub... ;-)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Susan S,

Thank you for your review.

It is great to hear that you loved your stay with us and appreciated our love for details.

Our bedrooms are meant to be a relaxing place to rest; during the day we encourage our guests to feel free to use all areas of the hotel as their own living area. I am happy to hear that you did just this.

We appreciate you trying out our different handpicked breakfast locations. As you probably noticed, each cafe offers a different original Tel-Avivian experience.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

P.s: The roof top bathtub is waiting for you... :-)

Guest Reations Manager

Reviewed June 14, 2012

If you want a big chain hotel on the beach this is not for you but if you want a small (only 30 rooms) boutique hotel that is well located give this place a look. The standard room is quite small room enough basically only for the bed but the storage space is quite good (and exceptionally better than in comparable hotels in NY or Europe; two people could easily unpack and store a weeks worth of clothes) and as an added bonus the hotel offers to store your luggage so it is out of the way! I also stayed in on of the deluxe rooms and it is quite comfortable with a large desk and seating area. The cappucino machine in the lobby was quite welcome and the staff was always ready to help out with water bottles or beach towels. Only negative might be that having to go outside for breakfast during the winter rainy season could be a hassle but in June it was ot a hassle and fun to try different places; all were good!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear gbs4

We are happy that you chose to stay with us again that that you enjoyed your stay, also this time around.

Even though our rooms are beautifully designed well equipped, we are aware that they are urban sized and so we give extra thought on our space planning. I am happy that you were content with our storage space and with our more spacious deluxe room.
It's great that you had the chance to try all our breakfast options and enjoyed the beach in Tel Aviv.
In winter, Tel Aviv it is all about the great food and as our winter is not really that harsh or long, our guests actually appreciate the variety of options ;-)

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms were tiny (barely enough room for the bags in the room - although the hotel did volunteer to take the bags away after we unpacked), but clean and well furnished. The hotel was in a good area and was walkable to the beach and many of the 'touristy' things that we wanted to see in Tel Aviv. We really liked that on each floor their was an open stock room - we didn't have to wait for someone to bring extra soap/towels/etc, we could just take what we needed. If you need a room with space, this definately isn't the place for you, however, we enjoyed our experience here and would consider staying again the next time we are in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Bradsky00,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and very glad to hear that you will consider us on your next trip to Tel Aviv.

Our standard rooms are indeed cozy and intimate in size. This allows us to offer a luxurious yet affordable experience. Our methodically planned bedrooms, our warm and inviting lobby, roof top and court yard and the storing of our guest's empty luggage are only a few of the services the hotel provides, in order to make our guest's stay as comfortable as possible. Please note that we also have more spacious rooms (Deluxe & Relax) and we will be happy to reserve them for you on your next stay.

I am happy that you found the easy access to our stock room convenient. The truth is that this was not done intentionally. We have a great house-keeping team that would have gladly brought anything you needed to your room. The doors are left unlocked while housekeeping is working on the floors.

We hope to welcome you back soon and thank you again for sharing your experience.