Shalom is a lovely boutique hotel. Great location, tasteful decoration. Strong points are breakfast - the best I have ever had in Israel, the land of fantastic breakfasts, even has champagne! - the wonderful balcony with rocking chairs and a hammock, and the happy hour from 5:00-700 pm, with drinks and tapas, a very nice way to meet people and socialize with other guests.
Also, the nice music and the lovely scent that is always present in the common areas are pluses.
But some serious service flaws need to be improved.
I was very well received by an efficient staff member, who immediately changed me to a better room because the first one was too small. She also explained to me in detail everything about the hotel.
I had guests for breakfast once - former guests of the hotel -, and the staff was really nice to let us stay for a very long time, and did not push us to leave although it was getting late.I would like to thank them for that.
- The first night, the phone rang at 4:00 a.m. due to a previous wake up call arranged by the former guest - very unpleasant. Wake up calls should be better monitored.
- Although the hotel claims to offer water bottles at the reception as a courtesy, the night receptionist charged me for one I asked for - and was rude about it. Should be clear if it is a courtesy or not.
- The right way to conduce a check-out is presenting the invoice to guest to be checked, and then charging the credit card - not the other way around.
- On Sarturday morning, while I was still in bed, the chambermaid knocked several times on my door at 9:00 am, and after that simply opened the door and invaded my room. This was
outrageous, and should not happen at a high-end place like the Shalom hotel.
All in all, it was a pleasant stay - and I hope the above flaws can be corrected, so that the hotel can become the perfect place it deserves to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shalom Hotel & Relax offers 51 rooms designed to pamper guests that want to enjoy the resort atmosphere of Tel Aviv, Israel. Some rooms feature attractive sitting areas; others feature bathrooms with a view of the beach, while unique romantic spa rooms welcome guests with an indulgent Jacuzzi facing the magnificent view. All guests are welcome to enjoy the amazing rooftop lounge: is the perfect spot for an afternoon of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalom Hotel And Relax Tel Aviv - An Atlas Boutique Hotel