“Lovely boutique hotel in Tel Aviv”

Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Shalom is a lovely boutique hotel. Great location, tasteful decoration. Strong points are breakfast - the best I have ever had in Israel, the land of fantastic breakfasts, even has champagne! - the wonderful balcony with rocking chairs and a hammock, and the happy hour from 5:00-700 pm, with drinks and tapas, a very nice way to meet people and socialize with other guests.
Also, the nice music and the lovely scent that is always present in the common areas are pluses.

But some serious service flaws need to be improved.

Good points:
I was very well received by an efficient staff member, who immediately changed me to a better room because the first one was too small. She also explained to me in detail everything about the hotel.

I had guests for breakfast once - former guests of the hotel -, and the staff was really nice to let us stay for a very long time, and did not push us to leave although it was getting late.I would like to thank them for that.

However:
- The first night, the phone rang at 4:00 a.m. due to a previous wake up call arranged by the former guest - very unpleasant. Wake up calls should be better monitored.
- Although the hotel claims to offer water bottles at the reception as a courtesy, the night receptionist charged me for one I asked for - and was rude about it. Should be clear if it is a courtesy or not.
- The right way to conduce a check-out is presenting the invoice to guest to be checked, and then charging the credit card - not the other way around.
- On Sarturday morning, while I was still in bed, the chambermaid knocked several times on my door at 9:00 am, and after that simply opened the door and invaded my room. This was
outrageous, and should not happen at a high-end place like the Shalom hotel.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay - and I hope the above flaws can be corrected, so that the hotel can become the perfect place it deserves to be.

Room Tip: Some rooms are really small, and the front rooms to HaYarkon Street are very noisy. The best rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,700)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Well, I am writing this review, my very first at any website. Just now, at the reception this kind people offered me wake me up at 2 am, get a taxi for me at 3 AND send me with a lunch box because I would miss breakfast. The hotel is a great small place, gives you the idea of a vertical cruise, with a larger cabin for room, everything spotlessly clean and very neatly organized. The beach is just across the street (through Independence Park) and has a gorgeous sand. All in all, I do definitely recommend this hotel for everyone coming to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Best hotel I have stayed at in Tel Aviv including the fanciest big chains on the beach.
Shalom Hotel & Relax was a little slice of paradise in Tel Aviv. The rooms were great, the view from the 4th floor rooms and balcony were of the beach and amazing at sunset.
The staff was not only helpful, but very friendly. Especially Daisy.
I would recommend anyone to stay there, the only thing to note is that it is at the far north end of the beach.

Room Tip: 4th floor are the only ones that get a view of the beach
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GregJ33
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Greg33_1,
Thank you for your review. We are flattered you consider us to be the best hotel in Tel Aviv. Thank you for commenting on our helpful and friendly staff and on the design of our rooms. We are overjoyed by your recommendation, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Shalom Hotel & Relax in the future.

Eti Krichevsky, General Manager, Shalom Hotel and Relax
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels

Reviewed July 16, 2013

It is with great pleasure that I write this e-mail to share with you the wonderful experience my family and I had at the Shalom Hotel and Relax. After a rough night/morning with practically no place to sleep, the staff at Shalom Hotel welcomed all six of us with open arms. From the moment we arrived in your lobby we knew that we had made the right decision in choosing to stay with you. To say we enjoyed our stay would be an understatement. There are no suggestions I can make to you because your staff has gone above and beyond to make sure their guests feel at home. From Avi at the front desk to Simona greeting us with a warm smile each morning to the entire cleaning staff, you have chosen wonderful people to ensure that your guests have the best experience possible. After the first few days of our stay, we were already recommending your hotel to our friends back at home. Every guest of ours who came to visit us did not want to leave your hotel. They were amazed at how warm and welcomed they felt just from the scent of the lobby itself. When it was time for us to return back to the states we were faced with a hard time leaving all of you. You have made our trip to Israel one we will definitely not forget. We look forward to coming back and staying at your hotel.

Room Tip: Every room is great
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Given upgrade on arrival. Room on the small size but very tastefully decorated and very comfortable with good fittings. Stylish, close to beach and restaurants. Excellent breakfast with many choices as well as a 'happy hour' between 6-7 p.m. Highly recommended boutique hotel with friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

On our trip to Israel it was very important to us to see as much local culture as possible. This hotel, which is used extensively by Israelis certainly fits the bill. It is a quaint hotel with a great roof deck and seaside atmosphere. The hotel like most of Tel Aviv has a European feel with a touch of the Mideast.
. Little touches like a happy hour, front porch, and a fabulous breakfast made the stay very pleasant. If you like big city American hotels which are the same worldwide this is not the place for you, but if you like to feel the personality of the city you are in this hotel is a home run.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Burners02,
Thank you kindly for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to write it. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the small touches that we offer guests and that it added to your enjoyment during your stay. We are also pleased to hear that you liked our unique design theme of a seaside atmosphere. We are glad that our hotel gave you a more local experience and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Eti Krichevsky, General Manager, Shalom Hotel and Relax
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent choice, close to the beach, dedicated staff, super breakfast, nice happy hour. Many restaurants around, on ben yehuda and the old tel aviv harbour. Everything is walking distance, and parking was easy at the hilton hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family