Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Umhlanga South Africa
“Sarah Radomir”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very nice small hotel with efficient friendly staff the bathroom was too small but the breakfasts
were delicious in all good value for money great location near the beach with lots of access to
the promenades and walking distance to central Tel Aviv
The staff were multi-lingual and nothing was too much trouble I would stay there again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Philadelphia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Excellent hotel in a perfect location on Hayarkon Street in the heart of Tel Aviv across from the Hilton. The service was superb. All of the workers were super nice. The rooms were very clean. The breakfast is fantastic and the happy hour is great as well. Less than a five minute walk to the beach. Couldn't ask for a better hotel. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alex G
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I came for the first time to Israel for business and was advised to stay in this hotel. I was skeptical as it is not part of a big chain, so I was not so sure if I should book there. But all my fears vanished with my check in. The staff was extremely welcoming and was eager to make me feel comfortable. At my room, there were some amazing cookies waiting for me, which were devoured with a very nice tea. For going to the beach, the hotel not only offer towel, but also a bag and water.
For the end of the day, you can start with the coffee time with champagne, juices, coffee and local food and then move to the roof top and enjoy the sun set with an amazing view from the Mediterranean.
The hotel staff did go well beyond their duties. I remember me asking where they were buying the cookies that they are serving, as I would like to buy and take with me. When I got back from work during the day, there were cookies waiting for me in my room and also tips where I could find them.
I left on Saturday, and no post office is available. But once more, the amazing staff helped me and offered themselves to post the postcards for me.
There were many other points that I could put here, but one thing is for sure: next time I come to Israel, I will definitely will stay at Shalom and I also recommend this to everybody.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Garching bei Munchen, Germany
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We enjoyed the stay in your hotel.
We'll come again next time.
Service was also very good and the breakfast was very good, too.
The location is also excellent.
We like small hotels like yours because it's more personal and not like in a big hotel with thousands of guests and staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Just returned this morning after a week at the Shalom. The room was indeed small, but we had asked for a quiet room at the back and that is what we got. The bed was extremely comfortable, room spotless, towels changed every day if required. Liked all the 'extras', such as beach towels in a holdall, along with bottles of water. Free tea and coffee available all day. Little bites for happy hour were very welcome and different every day. Breakfast very tasty, eggs cooked to order. Lovely view from the roof terrace overlooking the sea. Staff friendly, especially the breakfast manageress. Quite unusual for a member of staff in an Israeli hotel to seem to care if your'e enjoying your stay. There were very few children here, which was an added bonus. It just makes a difference if you want a quiet and relaxing time, but also the facilities aren't geared for children. Nowhere for them to play. I have one gripe - the fridge didn't appear to be working properly, and it was actually colder in the air-conditioned room than in the fridge. The receptionist said she was aware of the problems the hotel were having with the fridges, but it needs to be sorted. I had to throw out milk after one day. The hotel itself is just across the road from the marina and beach and the Gordon public swimming pool.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one at the back.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Genie51
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was our second stay at Shalom and we enjoyed it as much as the first time, although our room was really small this time and with a tiny bathroom. But the lovely roof top and comfortable lounge made up for the small room, and the breakfast and happy hour are still amazing. Staff and management are making you feel very welcome and at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Shalom Hotel sports a host of 'add on's'. For example a 15 min free massage on the rooftop overlooking the Mediterranean, a beach pack, and happy hour 5 - 7 with delicious eats and free drinks. The breakfasts, for those who indulge, are superb. I loved the fresh fruit salad and mountains of watermelon and cantaloupe. Best of all is their tea (bags, leaf, infusion black) selection. The room appointment makes up for their size.... they ten do be on the small size. The first room allocated was cramped and the bathroom smaller than a closet - I could not get into the shower (and I am skinny) as there was not enough place to squeeze past the door to close it. I was then moved to a quiet back room, better than the noise from the busy Hayokon, with a fair size bathroom - at least I could move in it! The reception staff are terrific - in fact all the staff make a point of ensuring you have a good time. I loved the proximity to main streets and the beach. Could do my early morning power-walks along the busy promenade.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a sizable bathroom
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo