“Amazing hotel”

The Diaghilev, LIVE ART Suites Hotel
Ranked #12 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The rate I paid for the room was very good value for the quality. The rooms are very nice, stylish and clean. The beds are quite comfortable. The location is great. There are a lot of great restaurants nearby. There is a restaurant/bar in the hotel. However, the best thing about this hotel is undoubtedly the service. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, to the extent that this friendliness even seems to rub off on fellow guests. In the entire country, I have never experienced customer service as outstanding as at the Diaghilev (I have lived in Israel for 3 years). I left the hotel well rested, well fed, well treated and very happy

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael D

Reviewed August 5, 2014

As a weary traveler, the staff at The Diaghilev was hospitable from the start. First and foremost, I was greeted with big smiles which was nice especially with the beautiful women giving them. Check-in was a breeze while they had a favorite beverage delivered to me during check-in.

Traveling to Israel for the first time, I didn't know my way around at all. The staff there made sure I knew where to go while supplying a complimentary map of the area which was well used as my batteries ran out on my phone.

The owner of the hotel explained that she rotates the art out frequently, has shows in the lobby featuring she and her staff displaying their musical talents (Karin has a fantastic voice) and other social events. The lobby is quite colorful and decorative as are the hallways and my suite.

The room itself had a nice kitchenette, refrigerator, sink, soap and complimentary water/orange juice. The living room was nice with a comfortable loveseat that I took an immediate nap on. The bed itself was comfortable and they fortunately ensured I awoke when I had a morning call set up. Also, the AC was controlled by me so that made for more comfort when it was hot outside.

Centrally located, I was able to walk to many places including the beach, the famed Rothschild Boulevard lined with restaurants and parks, museums (see the Haganah) and to public transportation.

I highly recommend it to travelers to Tel Aviv. In fact, I may run into you as I plan to make it my home away from home when traveling to Tel Aviv in the future. Shalom.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed August 5, 2014

From the moment we arrived, we were welcomed to this hotel. Each person at the front desk, day or night, was helpful and informed. They made reservations, recommended great restaurants, and generally added to our experience in TLV. We celebrated a special occasion in the city, and they assisted in our plans. The rooms are excellent, see notes below. The area is great for restaurants and nightlight. It is a five minute walk to Rothschild Ave, and the first intersection is packed with restaurants. Bottom line - the people make this hotel and it should not be missed.

Room Tip: The suites are beautiful and large. This is not a half-wall with a sofa sandwiched into the corner...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelinganon
Reviewed August 1, 2014

A cozy hotel with a human dimension. Spacious and decorated with original works of art. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and puts you at ease immediatly with a welcom glass.
We all especially enjoyed the breakfast made with fresh products (special mention for yogurth muesli and cappuccino) and high quality.

Room Tip: You can ask to have towels to go to the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank muller-vi
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Diaghilev. The staff went out out of their way to make our stay in Tel Aviv enjoyable. Customer service in Israel is usually really terrible but the Diaghilev staff were awesome. The location is great for the city center - though a bit of a hike to the beach. The public sirens can be difficult to hear during the rocket attacks but the hotel has helpful additional intercom warnings. The bomb shelters are convenient and, as a previous reviewer mentioned, good way to meet other guests (Hi Barbara from Newcastle!). The rooms are well equipped and clean. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank dclaff
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Diaghilev for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We had the best holiday in Tel Aviv. The location of the hotel is great, in a quite but hip area of the city, lots of restaurants and bars around, and still easy to get anywhere you want. The rooms are big, huge comfy bed, coffee machine and a nice balcony. No doubt that the best thing in this hotel is the staff and service- very welcoming, friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank drHadas
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have just came back from israel and had to write about this hotel.
Ii have been going to Tel aviv for the last 20 years to all hotels by the ocean, I never had such a wonderful expirience like I had at the Diaghilev, the rooms, the service ,the attention and the location is nomber one in Tel aviv, the staff, especialy Anat and Karin wormed our hearts and made us feel just like old friends of theirs, i would recomed this hotel to all my friends and cleints, it was the highlight of my trip to israel.
avital lichter Miami Florida.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends