1,997 results
All reviewsrothschild boulevardliving roomquiet streetresidential neighborhoodbottle of champagnebauhaus buildingunderground parkingrooms are spaciouswhite citysmall kitchenwalking distancenespresso machineupon checktwo blockswonderful hotelhome away from homecentral tel aviv
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I expected quite good things given other Trip Advisor reviews plus this wasn't the cheapest hotel in Tel Aviv.

We arrived at the tail end of one of their coldest periods. However, the rooms were freezing. If only I had been told of the heater on the balcony area outside the room, it could have been a bit better.

The next morning, whilst running a bath, I shaved. i noticed by the end of my shave that the hot was water was now almost cold. I checked the bath and, sure enough, that was running cold. I had about an inch of tepid water in which to bathe.

I met my colleagues for breakfast. We ordered tea/coffee/orange juice and some croissants. The croissants hadn't arrived "yet", apparently. Unfortunately we didn't have time to wait as we were on business and so, no breakfast.

I advised reception that the room was cold, that I had no hot water and that my colleagues had told me that both the bed and the duvet were too short (which was correct) - not a good thing in such a cold room.

The next evening I brought the heater I had found into the room and switched it to full. By the next morning it wasn't so bad, although still cold since the heater could not heat such a large area. The water was the same as the previous morning. But I was wiser and managed to stop the water before it got cold.

My colleagues didn't bother to come down for breakfast, not believing that it would be better than the day before - although I did notice they had croissants the second day. The barman that morning was arrogant and there are ways of asking for payment/room number that are both polite and successful. He obviously hadn't heard about them.

That evening, we were at the hotel earlier and so the heater was on for longer. By the next morning it was acceptable. The third morning I didn't shave and, so, had a few inches of warmish water.

I will never, ever use that hotel again, even if it was the last hotel in Tel Aviv. It should have been a lovely stay but, instead, I suffered doubly in that it was not a pleasant stay plus I had booked it for myself and my two colleagues (who both disliked the hotel).

I only want basic things when I travel - clean, warm rooms, a good bed and hot water in the morning. The rooms seemed clean is the only thing that matched my basic criteria.

Never, never again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Andy D
DiaghilevTelAviv, Owner's Representative at The Diaghilev, LIVE ART Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Andy D,

In response to your review, we would like to emphasize that during your stay Tel Aviv underwent an extreme storm, which might strike once in 40 years.
If that is what matters for you while choosing and evaluating a hotel, you would have found the majority of the hotels in Tel Aviv as inappropriate during these cold days.

We are very sorry about the storm and for the negative experience you faced as a result. However, you might understand that this storm was beyond our control, like any other natural disaster that occurs around the globe, causing people inconvenience and difficulties

We wish you all the best in your future travels!

Kind regards,
The Diaghilev Team

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is my first visit to Israel, knew nothing about the destination. Anat (the owner) gave me much assistance, even help making business appointment for my team. The room is nice and comfortable. the staff is friendly especially a young guy named Teddy (hope I made the correct spelling). I got the feeling of home there, and will definitely come back soon. Thanks.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Everything about this unique Hotel was incredible.
The staff was friendly and went out of their way to assist you.
The owners Anat & Avi are involved in the day to day operations and to ensure that your stay is first class.
The hotel is located in the perfect area. Close to restaurants and coffee shops, but away from the traffic and noise.
It also is within walking distance of many tourist areas such as the Nahalat Binyamin art and craft fair, Carmel Market (Shuk Ha'Carmel), the Tel Aviv Museum of Art , and the Sarona Project.

Room Tip: The rooms are the large and comfortable. Make sure you ask for one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I highly recommend this boutique gem.Quiet,centrally located,it is well-run,staff well-trained & English speakers.The sophisticated,casual,artsy vibe adds to the comfort of the rooms & the experience. It was so welcoming to return to the warmth of the room/apartment at the end of a long day. I particularly liked the airiness and light from all the windows, and the spaciousness of the accommodation. It will certainly be my pleasure to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

The Diaghilev Art Hotel is, like a fine work of art, a real original, offering a unique combination of attributes that add up to a boutique hotel unlike any other. It's a boutique for real adults. The decor is simple, not overly stylized or trendy and the bar is comfortable, not a scene. Creativity is evident throughout, particularly in the works of art for sale in the rooms as well as public areas, by contemporary Israeli artists. Most rooms are mini-suites, closer in size to a small apartment than a standard hotel room and featuring kitchenettes. Service is as personal as at a bed and breakfast and cleanliness impeccable. The location, just off Rothschild Boulevard, makes all of Tel Aviv readily accessible and the Boulevard itself is the City's nicest for travel by foot. There is no better value if this hotel fits suits your tastes. Anat, the owner, is a constant presence, so I'm sure others will be greeted with the same warmth and hospitality which greeted me there.

• Stayed: December 2013