“IT'S THE BEST!”

Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“IT'S THE BEST!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I highly recommend this boutique gem.Quiet,centrally located,it is well-run,staff well-trained & English speakers.The sophisticated,casual,artsy vibe adds to the comfort of the rooms & the experience. It was so welcoming to return to the warmth of the room/apartment at the end of a long day. I particularly liked the airiness and light from all the windows, and the spaciousness of the accommodation. It will certainly be my pleasure to return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New York
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

The Diaghilev Art Hotel is, like a fine work of art, a real original, offering a unique combination of attributes that add up to a boutique hotel unlike any other. It's a boutique for real adults. The decor is simple, not overly stylized or trendy and the bar is comfortable, not a scene. Creativity is evident throughout, particularly in the works of art for sale in the rooms as well as public areas, by contemporary Israeli artists. Most rooms are mini-suites, closer in size to a small apartment than a standard hotel room and featuring kitchenettes. Service is as personal as at a bed and breakfast and cleanliness impeccable. The location, just off Rothschild Boulevard, makes all of Tel Aviv readily accessible and the Boulevard itself is the City's nicest for travel by foot. There is no better value if this hotel fits suits your tastes. Anat, the owner, is a constant presence, so I'm sure others will be greeted with the same warmth and hospitality which greeted me there.

• Stayed December 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was a really great hotel! The most noteworthy thing was just how friendly and helpful the staff were - it really felt like I was staying with friends and nothing was too much trouble! The room was incredibly spacious, offering separate living space, and free wi-fi throughout was a bonus. The location is absolutely perfect - a very quiet street yet just off the fabulous Rothschild Boulevard. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, UK
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in November. We booked an executive suite with balcony. It was a delight. The whole place was very beautiful. It was like stepping back into your very own apartment every night. The staff were wonderful and helped with directions. The breakfast was held in the adjoining café (called the back door or back stage ?) - again this was really nice. Location wise, we would have preferred to be closer to the beach area, but this hotel is in a nice quiet neighbourhood no far from the centre of town. We'd definitely would consider coming back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Malta_explorer
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I am a frequent visitor at Diaghilev when I visit Tel-Aviv for business. I think the main thing that attracts me is the home feeling you receive from both the staff and the rooms. The main advantages of this hotel as I see them:

1. the room as not really rooms. These are small or large apartments with bedroom, living room, kitchen, balcony (in some) etc. This is very pleasant experience for someone who is used to live in hotels.

2. Parking - If you are coming with a car like i am this is a big plus. Before staying at Diaghilev at used to switch hotels and parking was always an issue. Here the carpark is inside the building, there is plenty of it, and its priced reasonably (I think 60 NIS per day but not sure).

3. The staff is really friendly and helpful. Since I visit there a lot, they already know me and its nice, but I can see their treatment to others and this can make a big difference when visiting. I don't know if this is standard policy or not - but more than once when I left my suitcase in the room half opened after just arriving and rushing off to meetings, I find my work shirts unpacked and hanged in the closet. At first I was surprised by the initiative, but found it very welcoming.

4. lastly - location - a "stone throw" away from Rothschild Blvd. very convenient. I can walk to most places around city center without the need for transportation.

Some "Bad" things to go along - there are not really any bad things.

some improvements which would be nice: A wider menu in the hotel's restaurant (food is excellent by the way, but with somewhat limited selection). A better way to mark "do not disturb" on the doors or alternatively, a door chain (which exists in most hotels).

Some suggestions from me:

1. Families - great value/location option if you take 1 or 2 bedroom rooms. These can easily host 2 parents and 3-4 children (as living room sofas can be open to a huge double beds in many rooms). Our family has done it, and we could not find any other place to match.

2. Rooms are all good and spacious. Try asking for an upgrade - maybe you will get lucky.

3. Breakfast was very good but there is no Buffet - only a-la-cart (but priced very reasonably).

Hope the above helps - I will be happy to answer any question.

Joel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but some are better. Unfortunately I cannot tell which for which as I don't r...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank joel_barel
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I look on internet for few hours and This hotel get my my catch my eyes looks very homy and the rooms looks large and well designer. I .was right nice confy sofa large TV and very soft bed,
Also very warm welcome smiling people and the manager talk to us make sure we got the room we want. I have a hotel and we work hard to do so...this is what you want when you go at Hotel and not just a credit card. Also the bar/ restaurant is very nice and nice service small menu but ok choice nice drinks.
The most important is the location is perfect you can walk any where and bus to get you at old Jaffa and mail ecc. Most of the people speak English to ask info for the city

Room Tip: I love room 311
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Taricco
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Soon after my arrival, there were a few small things I needed help with. Instead of having housekeeping deliver the products and maintenance explain how to use things in the room, the person behind the desk showed up at my room within minutes to errase all my problems. I found the Diaghilev to be warm, friendly and generous. I also enjoyed the spirit of the young people working there, the art and the space.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo