The Diaghilev, LIVE ART Suites Hotel
  • Pool
$315
$308
  • Bar/Lounge
Gordon Hotel & Lounge(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
$272
$234
Agoda.com
$291
$276
Atlas.co.il
  • Breakfast included
BY 14 TLV Hotel(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
$286
$222
HotelQuickly
1,933 results
All reviewsrothschild boulevardliving roomquiet streetresidential neighborhoodunderground parkingbauhaus buildingsmall kitchenrooms are spaciouswhite citywalking distanceupon checknespresso machinetwo blockswonderful hotelhome away from homehotel is locatedcentral tel aviv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel. We did not hear about it before, and got to it through tripadvisor... (and thus got also a free breakfast cupon - thanks, trip advisor!).
The hotel, indeed, (as I read in the reviews) is unique in the art/decoration, mainly of the public areas / lobby. It is truely very unique, and the owner is glad to explain/share the concept of it with you (a welcoming coffee, and cotton). The room we got (408) was spacious - on top of a small bedroom it had a VERY spacious living room, even if not very much furnished. We also had a balcony in our room, which was an extra pleasant surprise. The bed was comfortable, but we do prefer non-spring based matresses, since we don't like to wake each other when we roll over.
So, all in all for the rooms - very spacious and nice, very unique decoration in the coridors and lobby; not too much furniture. Do not mistaken this with luxury hotels - it gives more 'homey' feeling.
The staff was VERY friendly - and hearing them answer the phone they speak excellant English.
Since breakfast was included, we took it in the 'backstage' bar. Trying to describe it I will use the words 'rustic' and 'retro' or even 'brutalist' (but the cement ceiling is painted.)
Other than eggs "cooked to order", breakfast included all we needed (see picture) - orange juice, coffee/tea, an EXCELLANT bread (semi-dark, with nuts), butter, cream cheese (and/or Labaneh), jem (pears, more like "Garber" = babies meshed fruit than a jem, but very tasty), cherry-tomato salad, and one choice of another dips/salad. The latest trend - each item served in a small glass jar... The bartender was very nice, friendly and efficient.
Last benefit of the location - they have an undergroun parking; while not cheap (60 shekels for a full day), it is a reasonable price to pay for this convenience in the crowded Tel Avi area; truely a benefit.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel grew on us over the 4 nights we had in it. Our room, and we had the standard, was actually a 1 bed spacious apartment in a block the hotel shares with other organisations.
The location worked well for us and we think we were fairly central Tel Aviv, just off Rothschild, though we used it as a base to explore from as much as anything. Car parking was provided for $15/day and was in the basement with direct access to our apartment. There is a Gastro Pub within 50m and a small supermarket within 75m.
The apartment decor was very minimalistic - but we thought to the extreme with wardrobe and drawer space in short supply. The furnishings were of Ikea standard and whilst I found the bed comfortable my other half found the bed unbearable - jumping up early to escape each morning - just shows how different two people can be!
The room was spotlessly clean but they use black bedding and black towels - a bad sign according to my other half and to her they looked grey (and always will except when brand new) - to me they all looked very crisp and clean!
The shower and bathroom were good, the satellite tv with Sky News a welcome addition and simply equipped kitchen with refrigerator really useful.
Add to all that very helpful reception staff and you have a really good option for you stay.
By the way, this is the sister hotel to the Rothschild Hotel, also listed here.

4  Thank LittleRedBaron
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the TripAdvisor reviews I'd read, and it was perfect: great location near Rothschild Blvd (in easy walking distance of restaurants and coffee spots); incredibly helpful staff (I arrived six hours before my scheduled check-in time, and they arranged to have a room ready for me within half that time); really nice large rooms – more like apartments than hotel rooms, but I appreciated the space more than the fairly arbitrary decor. The service at the Backstage coffee shop/restaurant/bar was good and friendly too – the breakfast was delicious, and the happy hour two-for-one offer was an added bonus when having evening drinks with friends. The great service extended long after I'd officially checked out: the hotel stored my luggage for me on my last day, and booked my taxi to the airport when it was finally time to leave late in the evening.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Each time we come to the Hotel, we are impressed by the charm, kindness and competence of the hotel team. The suites are large, full of light, clean and pleasant, the reception desk is exceptional.
There is now the "Backstage" café' and terrace serving Israeli breakfast, snacks and drinks, and, above all, if you are lucky you will be able to hear Anat performing her songs with her guitar and wonderful voice.
The location of the hotel is ideal, right in the center of the heart of Tel Aviv, walking distance from Carmel Market, Rothschild blvd, Neve Tzedek and surrounded by a multitude of nice restaurants.
We keep coming back to Diaghilev and always enjoy it tremendously.
A last word about Anat (you will recognize her by her HUGE smile), who goes out of her way to help above and beyond what could be expected by anyone. Thank you Anat!

1  Thank Naomi M
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great boutique hotel. It's not a hotel for young children. The hotel rooms were actually 2 rooms, a living room/kitchenette and bedroom. Staff are very nice and accommodating. The location is perfect and about 1 block from Rothschild blvd.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo