“Absolutely fab boutique hotel”

The Diaghilev, LIVE ART Suites Hotel
Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wow - this boutique hotel with only 54 or so rooms is an absolute gem in one of the nicest parts of Tel Aviv, next to the Rothchild boulevard. I stayed there for five nights with a friend and was really impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, the cleanliness of the room, the room itself which came with a separate living room and a little kitchenette giving it a very welcome appartment feeling rather than the standard hotel room. The walls of the hotel host paintings that customers may buy - thus the name live art boutique hotel - and the place gives you a really nice, classy yet cosy feeling in the heart of the city. Simply fab!

Room Tip: In general I find upper floors better than lower ones.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Must_try_it_all
There are newer reviews for The Diaghilev, LIVE ART Suites Hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Firstly, I’d like to thank you to all members of the Diaghilev team who made my stay in Tel Aviv very comfortable.

I found this nice hotel via tripadvisor. After reading reviews about the hotel, I decided to contact the reservation. After exchanging several emails with Margarita, I decided to stay there. She was very helpful and, she responded to my all questions without anything missing. My trip was a business trip and I stayed at the hotel 3 nights. By the way, I also enjoyed the night life in the vibrant city as well.

About the hotel:
It’s a small boutique art hotel, centrally located just one block behind of Rothschild Avenue, where you can find many nice restaurants, cafes, pubs.

The suite I stayed in was very spacious, clean comfortable and quite. Although the breakfast is not being served at the hotel, but there were complimentary coffee, tea, cookies, orange juice in the kitchenette. There are plenty of cafes nearby as well. Internet/wifi is also complimentary at the hotel. And the most important one, it’s working very well and fast.

One night, I took my business partner and his lovely wife to my suit (better say to my little apartment flat) to offer coffee after the dinner. There was a bottle of champagne on the table. What a nice surprise!!! Really appreciated….

I definitely highly recommend this lovely hotel to everyone who wanna feel at home in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sundayu
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The raving reviews before me are not an exaggeration. I wish no one knew about this place, and it was left for my family to enjoy!
No pint in repeating other reviews. I loved the folkloric rugs in the lobby and rooms. Loved the "normal" coat hangers that you can mix and match, and move around. The complement of bathroom freebies was excellent. The bathrobes (yep, waiting for you), the towels and the bedsheets are all black. Personally, I loved that touch too, but some may not. I consider the total absence of a kitchen and a breakfast room an asset of this hotel. You can't actually cook in your room, but you get dishes, cutlery, and a kettle.
And the parking? Like that of an Arab emir, underground, gated, and spacious. If you don't see the point, you haven't been to Tel Aviv. Do come, and stay at the Diaghilev.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ilan E
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hotel decoration is Ikea based. In a hotel of this price is a really sad thing. Furthermore, services of the hotel are really poor. The hotel taxi, for example, spoil our last day in Tel Aviv! The most unfriendly taxi we ever take (and I think a service of the hotel is directly the responsability of the hotel). I think there will be better hotels in Tel Aviv. Really is not value for money. Better look for another option.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JBRF
DiaghilevTelAviv, Guest Relations Representative at The Diaghilev, LIVE ART Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear JBRF,

We were saddened to hear about your negative experience with the taxi driver, but as you might understand, such things are beyond the control of the hotel. We are calling cabs for our guests from an ordinary taxi service and therefore we are not able to take responsibility of drivers behavior. If you could advise us the name of the driver, we would avoid working with him in the future.
As to the design of the hotel - big majority of our guests comes from different branches of art and characterizes the Diaghilev as a bohemian hotel. We are sorry it couldn't meet your personal taste - as we are not a part of the mainstream, we understand that we might not be appreciated by every guest.

We always do our best to make our guests feel pleased and satisfied, but our unique concepts cannot be suited to personal preferences of each guest as we truly believe in their importance. For the sake of TripAdvisor community: It is a great pleasure welcoming any of you to our hotel, but travelers that are looking for standard accommodation, rather than experiencing something extraordinary, perhaps should better look for another solution.

Best regards,
The Diaghilev Team

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Last year we needed somewhere to stay in central Tel Aviv for a few nights and stumbled upon the Diaghilev Hotel. How lucky were we, it was the best experience ever. The friendly staff, helpful and pleasant was there when we needed them, and left us alone when we did not. The location couldn't be better, smack bang in the centre, yet quiet enough to relax. That's why I straight away book the place again this year, because I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. It is very refreshing to know, that there is such a place in Israel. And if you are into art, you also get a good dose of that there. Well done, and keep it up!
Gabi B.

Room Tip: room with balcony
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriele B
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently spent 5 nights at the Diaghilev. I picked this hotel based on reviews I read on TripAdvisor. Although the staff was very kind and the room was spacious, I would hardly call this hotel #1 in Tel-Aviv (I have traveled to Israel over a dozen times). The pros are the location and the free wireless internet. Truthfully, the decor of the hotel is nothing like what you see online. The room also did not feel very clean to me. The shower and bathroom were quite small.

Based on the reviews I read online, I was expecting a far more elegant experience. Overall, I would say the Diaghilev was an average experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank BB108
DiaghilevTelAviv, Guest Relations Representative at The Diaghilev, LIVE ART Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear BB108,

Thank you for posting your review!

The Diaghilev hotel is being characterized by the majority of the guests, whom we were honored to accommodate, as a bohemian hotel. And indeed, it attracts attention of international art scene representatives: artists, curators, designers, architects etc.

We are sorry the hotel didn't meet your personal expectations. We accept the fact that our uniqueness cannot be appreciated by every guest, but luckily most of them feel excited about extraordinary hospitality concepts of The Diaghilev and return to us over and over again. We are sold out most of the time and there are actually guests who wish to be on a wait-list to become a part of the Diaghilev experience.

Best regards,
The Diaghilev Team

Reviewed August 26, 2012

For those who like boutique hotels with a special atmosphere, this place is for you. Situated in a quiet residential street in Central Tel Aviv (very convenient for the downtown business district and the trendy Rothschild / Shenkin areas). The theme is modern art and there are some very attractive works in the hotel. We had a mini-apartment which was roomy, attractive and very comfortable. No meals in the hotel but no problem to get a good breakfast at one of the many good eateries nearby.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple