“Nice, but not great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

Stayed here with my wife for one night to have a night away (just got back). Saw all the great reviews here and called to book.
The lady on the phone recommended that I pay extra and get a room with a balcony, which I did.
Upon check-in, rooms weren't ready yet, so we waited, was told that we had been given room 505 and that we had been upgraded. We were then taken up to room 102 - a room with no balcony and no view. I asked the lady who took us up to the room why we had no balcony when I had booked a room with and was told that this was a "very big room" - which didn't answer the question.
This start left me feeling a little unhappy with the hotel as I had not received the room type I had paid for and was trying to make this short get-away as special as possible.

Room is large, just missing a few touches - bathroom wasn't well laid out and the shower was flooding the bathroom as it was in the middle of the bath. Bedroom basic with no TV in there (no great loss), but has the outlets for it sticking out of the walls.

Not sure how else to describe it apart from almost there - hotel has all the potential to be great, but misses out on details.

Staff were great though and very attentive and fun.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iaru
DiaghilevTelAviv, Owner at The Diaghilev, LIVE ART Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear iaru,

To begin, I would like to thank you for your feedback.
We were happy to hear you felt you were in a warm, fun and attentive environment.

It is our deepest concern to ensure that every guest feels satisfied and cared for. I assure you that your case wasn't any different:

As you might know, our official check in time is 15:00 (3pm). As you have arrived a couple of hours earlier, the suite that was initially blocked for you, wasn't yet ready for check in. Wishing to assist you and not keep you waiting, the receptionist has checked suites availability and was offered 2 suites, one of which was Superior One Bedroom Suite, which is of a much higher standard than the one you have booked and where you finally were accommodated. This much more spacious suite features a bigger bed and bigger TV. You are completely right telling that the suite you have got was lacking the balcony you have requested - that was a very serious mistake resulted by a misunderstanding. On the teams behalf I am asking you to accept our apology for that matter.

We are happy you were ready to give us a second chance and took us up on the offer to come and stay with us "on the house", to experience the real Diaghilev hospitality and care.
We truly hope to change your mind during your future stay.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Boston, Ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Local friends suggested this hotel and I could not have been more pleased! Three easy blocks away from the dynamic Rothschild Boulevard with its busy shops and plenty of cafes, the Diaghilev offers lovely studio apts, each well appointed with unique art. I had a lovely one bedroom apt. with a balcony, everything spotless and functioning well, attentive staff and free wifi in the rooms. I would recommend to other travelers who enjoy 'spreading out' and don't want or need the services offered by chain hotels.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Aripacks
Oyster Bay, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at The Diaghilev Live Art Hotel, having discovered it quite by accident in 2010 when it first opened. Now it is the only hotel we will stay in when we visit with our daughter in Tel Aviv. It's location is perfect, within walking distance or bus to anyplace in Tel Aviv. The rooms are uncluttered, yet clean and comfortable. There is a kitchenette, for those who want to go to the shuk and get fresh fruit and other delicacies. This time we had a balcony that overlooked the city. Every room, every floor, the entire lobby is filled with art by contemporary Israeli artists, so this provides some familiarity with the culture of this booming city. The staff is friendly, helpful, kind, funny, with enormous attention to detail so that our stay was impeccable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a living room so that you can relax and enjoy some quiet after a hectic day in T...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Hazel W
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times in the last 6 months. The hotel staff are the most friendly and helpful I have ever come across. I cannot recommend them highly enough!
The rooms are spacious, well equipped, and beautifully decorated.
The only possible negative is that no food/drink is served in the hotel - but there are so many restaurants close by that this is not a problem for me; the location, off Sderot Rothschild, is simply superb. All in all, a terrific hotel, and one to which I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: the executive rooms are worth the extra!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank lomu
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I have been there with my family (mom and brother) for three days and I want to say that it was the best hotel I have ever was in Tel Aviv.
It has a great location, only few minutes walking from the main touristic street - Rothschild Boulevard. Also they have own parking, where I parked the car. In our room was a real kitchen, where our mom was able to cook some sandviches and salat :)

The room service is also amazing, we found in the room free bottle of the champaigne (actually champaigne wasn't so good, but anyway it was pleasant), on the last evening they brought free orange juice and cookies.

The Diaghilev hotel is modern and is full of artistic charm. On every floor I found a lot of contemporary arts, like a pictures, photos, and some art installations. Even in the room was some nice contemporary pictures.

It was very nice to stay in Diaghilev hotel and I will stay there again when I will be in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrey B
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

It really felt like our own apartment in the middle of Tel Aviv, it was very comfortable to just sit in the bright, spacious room. The people at reception were so cheerful, it was a pleasure just walking into the hotel. I genuinely can't fault the Diaghilev, I have no doubts about where I will stay in Tel Aviv in future, even the car park was well thought out and spacious!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aidan B
St. Paul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have visited the Diaghilev Hotel three times over the last year and I am on my way back in two days. I have to admit - I have a hard time describing my experiances there. It truly is - not another family - but friends. The rooms a well attended. Amazing art both in the rooms and halls. They laugh with you, fuss over you if you don't feel well (can we say homemade chicken soup? NOT kidding). As the other reviewers have stated - no doorman, pretensions. Just an amazing staff, amazing location, incredible rooms. Look out guys! See you soon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business