“Simply very overrated bad food”
Review of Tzfon Abraxas

Tzfon Abraxas
Ranked #152 of 1,653 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Because of a recommendation in a weekly magazine two friends and I went to Tzfon Abraxas. The wine list is lamentable. A few weak french wines and a few local ones. The local Sauvignon Blanc we went for was acerbic and hardly drinkable. As the menu is in hebrew only we more or less followed the recommendations of the waiter. Three starter portions: Polenta, the consistence made us remember a soup and not Polenta ("People would kill for this dish", the waitress claimed), pumped up with cream and cheese to give it some taste. Awful. Green Beans: The vegetables were not even properly prepared, so we had to do the job, removing parts that should have been cleaned in the kitchen out of our mouths. Tastewise very boring, cooked and some oil on top. Calamari: Tastewise completely neutral, warm but the sauce (cold). Drowned in cream again. Then the highly recommended cauliflower followed. I am not kidding. It was burned and smelled like you lit a car tire!! We complained, the waiter took it away, seconds later another waiter returned with the dish to lecture us ("This is the way we do it!"). Are you kidding me? We managed to cancel the ribeye we ordered not to become witness which crimes would have been committed to the poor beast. But the fish filet arrived. Wrapped in paper. When the waiter removed it, one of my friend's pants was on the receiving end of the oil that leaked out of it. It spilled over the table as well. I spare you the pics. I am sorry to say, but this is a most ridiculous endeavor. Avoid it at all costs.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went to the restaurant yesterday night and was quite dissapointed by the quality of the food. we took quite a few dishes, all shared, and while they do look nice on the plate, the taste is really not that great.. the atmosphere in the restaurant is quite fun and the waiters are young and friendly. again, however, i was expecting much better cuisine from the restaurant. also, it's really quite expensive

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Ok - don't go there if you cannot stand tomato salad cutted on the table (and I mean 'on the table' as I say it), salt being trown on the table with some olive oil or if you expect finest china for serving.

This spot is busy and there is a reason why. Authentic, a young crowd with fun doing restaurant very differently but without making compromises when it comes to the quality of simple, local food with a twist.

If you are open, not scared of getting dirty while eating and want to experience how food tastes without a lot of spices - go there !

For me ? Yes, definitely !

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was recommended this restaurant by the helpful staff at my nearby hotel, Brown TLV. I enjoyed the restaurant's open kitchen and the informal atmosphere, and the food was really good. The service, however, was not - compared to most other restaurants I tried during my recent stay in Tel Aviv, I found the service here to be somewhat arrogant and sloppy. But maybe I was just unlucky - if I return to Tel Aviv I'm willing to go back to give this place another chance.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

a trendy place where nothing is tasty. lots of dishes are served in baking paper ! i paid and went without really having eaten.

1  Thank val039