“Now I know about Jaffa”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Tel Aviv
Ranked #5 of 191 Tours in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer a free 2-hour walking tour, which allows everyone, regardless of their budget to fully discover Tel Aviv. Every day at Jaffa clock tower at 11am
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had walked through Jaffa on my own, but Yareev's 2.5 hour tour really added to the experience. He led quite a large group around the town, but filled us with information in an educating and enjoyable way. I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were lucky enough to have another great tour with our Jerusalem guide Ryan in old City of Jaffa. 3 hour tour only 100 shekel tip and Ryan is great -- knowledgeable, funny, helpful. Best guide bargain --- and ask for Ryan in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv/Jaffa.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed Ryan as a light-hearted and knowledgeable guide. He spoke loud and clear encouraging questions. One of the best guides I've experienced!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We bumped into this tour, almost by coincidence. Since it's free, we decided to tag along. It was worth it. Ryan is a very entertaining and knowledgeable guide. We got to see a side of Jaffa that we wouldn't have seen on our own. The stories behind the buildings shed a different light on what you see.

Yes, it's completely free. Yes, he does ask for tips in the end. Some people simply walked away, but if you had a good time, I suggest you reward the guide's efforts with a tip.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

There's not much to do in Tel Aviv on a Saturday (or anywhere in Israel for that matter) so I was happy to find this tour on the Internet.
And it was free!
Somewhat skeptical, my sister and I showed up at the Jaffa clock tower at the appointed time and were met by two pleasant tour guides. For two hours, our group of 15 tourists were shown the highest point in Jaffa and a lot of sites in between that and the clock tower. We rambled along the wharf, the narrow streets, the parks and gardens of the city learning why Jaffa is known as the 'Ellis Island' of Israel and how the oranges and other Israeli produce were exported. All questions were answered and the tour ended at the docks. Tipping was optional and a pleasant time was had by all.