“A piece of Italy in the heart of Tel Aviv”
Review of The Varsano Hotel

The Varsano Hotel
Montreal, Canada
“A piece of Italy in the heart of Tel Aviv”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a family of four, with two teenagers, we are always on the hunt for comfortable, spacious and trendy accommodations wherever we travel--preferably villas or apartments, and the Varsano certainly doesn't dissapoint. The only negative thing we have to say is that we didn't stay long enough. We spent 5 nights during our visit and chose the two bedroom duplex apartment. The interior is elegantly appointed, filled with all the modern conveniences, without being stuffy. Each suite opens to a central courtyard which feels like a little oasis somewhere in Tuscany. We felt very much at home both in the apartment and in the area. The beach, the Tachana (converted train station into a shopping and dining complex), Shabazi street with all its quaint shops, Carmel market, Rothschild Blvd and the up and coming Florentin district are all a short walk away. I have stayed at both the InterContinental and the Carlton on the beach, and while perfectly fine, this is a much better alternative, in my opinion, for families or couples looking for a less touristy option, while still enjoying all the amenities of a hotel. And don't be discouraged by the lack of restaurant... They provide three excellent options steps away. A special thank you to all the helpful, friendly staff... We will certainly return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Varsano, Manager at The Varsano Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review.
I'm glad that you enjoy your stay at the Varsano.
I hope our hotel will be part of your plan for the next visit in Tel Aviv.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bushey, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The website and reviews were so misleading. Having looked at the larger hotels and wanting something a little more special and individual we found the website for The Varsano and thought it looked perfect. We visited in May 2013 and were not told that the road that the hotel sits in was closed to through traffic so drove around in circles for an hour before a local guy helped us and even he struggled. On arrival we were met with a bully of a car park attendant who was more interested in protecting her precious spaces than actually helping us. We went into the tiny reception area, stepping over pots of paint and immediately noticed the bar and lounge area were undergoing refurbishment and out of use. This theme was apparent in the court yard where there were piles of rubble and a delightful cement mixer! We were shown to our room which was described as airy and modern on the theme of a New York loft apartment...it was small, had just three small windows, no view and the outside area was accessed by going out the front door. It felt like a prison cell. There was no where to store belongings and when my girlfriend asked for additional hangers we were told there were none! If It was cheap then I would have accepted that you get what you pay for but on this occasion it was not substantially less than other hotels. We left within an hour, booked into the Intercontinental and had a fantastic week for very little more money than we had originally been planning on. We would not recommend The Varsano, it was completely mis-represented.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Paulg2301
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This Boutique hotel is one of its kind in Israel. I stayed in the hotel for my wedding preparations and for the wedding night. The staff were super nice and amazing to us. I wanted to stay in a smaller room but when they heard that I am getting married they actually upgraded us to their duplex room. I have never seen such quality in a room till now. After the wedding my husband and I realized that we forgot the room key. I was standing there with my wedding gown and my husband with his tux. I panicked so much that I would have to spend my wedding night in the street. However, i called the hotel and within two seconds someone with a bike came and gave us our keys. I am not sure I would receive such amazing treatment from an other place. Personally, I prefer boutique hotels to chain hotels. As they are more unique and makes you feel at home. The Varsano is a pearl in the city. I wish i could stay there forever. It made my wedding night complete. Thank you for everything The Varsano Family. Kohi & Jeremy

Room Tip: Huge space, great shower, and comfy beds.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Varsano, Guest Relations Manager at The Varsano Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your lovely review. It is a great honor to read that we helped making your special day a memorable one. We do our outmost to make our guests feel at home.

We enjoyed having you as our guests and we are glad to hear that you loved the hotel's design and your suite.

We really hope to see you back soon.

With warm regards,

Omer Molcho
Guest Relations Manager
Hotel Varsano
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very unique and authentic with kind and patient staff. For once,there was special consideration for us due to my being in a wheelchair and we got a spacious and stunning suite. It really made all the difference to us. The second day we used the breakfast tokens at dellal bakery and enjoyed many good things whilst sitting on our private patio. We can't wait to go back and also our three year old loved it. The location meant we could walk/wheel everywhere without the trouble of taking the car. Thanks to all the staff and Sivan the manager and i hope we get r special terms next time.... toda raba al hacol!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jerusalemites
Varsano, Guest Relations Manager at The Varsano Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Jerusalemites,

Thank you for your lovely review. It was a true pleasure having you as our guests.

It is our main goal to make our guests feel at home and we do our very best to provide the experience that we would like to have when travelling. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be kind and patient. We are glad that you loved the suite's design and enjoyed your private patio.

Many thanks again for your kind words.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards,

Omer Molcho
Guest Relations Manager
Hotel Varsano
Israel
Reviewed March 13, 2013

What a perfect (and unfortunately short) staying.
The hotel is located in a perfect location for a pleasant urban vacation.

The breakfast in one of the two excellent restaurants 1 minute walk from the door, is top class.

The staff is very nice and helpful.

But above all - the rooms... What a great feeling to stay in such a spacious place, with a great modern-retro decor and with all the treats to make you never want to leave.

All and all, a great boutique hotel, with a great value for money.

Room Tip: deluxe duplex suite is excellent
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed recently for one night at The Varsano Hotel(apartments ) .On arrival the receptionist was friendly and helpful and showed us to a very imaginatively decorated and roomy apartment - the bedroom opened onto a (shared ) beautiful courtyard garden
Efficient (free ) WiFi . good kitchen facilities , nice linen (see below) , and excellent shower (no bath )
We were untroubled by road noise and the early morning voice of a rooster was a surprising but pleasant note in such a built up environment . Location in Neve Tzedek is convenient and extremely pleasant
Disappointments
a/The bathroom was not clean , sign of blood on one wall and towels were dirty and stained .
b/Full breakfast (included) was provided at a local cafe ( Suzanna) but this opened at 10.00am - ridiculous if you want to eat earlier for whatever reason .
Varsano has the potential to be a really fine boutique hotel but this requires attention to detail .The present nightly rate is expensive and is not justified - better management could easily solve the problems that we experienced
Would we stay again - probably not - pity !

Room Tip: Preferably one that has been cleaned properly
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank newmarket18
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is really awesome, the only reason I give it 4 instead of 5 starts is because the location does have construction going on that i was woken up by. That said it is not the hotels fault and I am sure that by now the construction is mostly done. The rooms are huge and really cool. The first night I stayed in the three bedroom house which was stunning, the rest of the nights I stayed in a one bedroom which was awesome. Everything is extremely clean and well kept. The staff is very helpful and polite. It is by no means a traditional hotel and that is part of what makes it so great. I would definitely stay here again.
Neve Tzedek is a very hip/in neighborhood and is walking distance to the beach (under 3 minutes)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo