“Never again! Hotel overbooks, tries to get rid of you during stay!”
Review of The Varsano Hotel

The Varsano Hotel
Reviewed April 21, 2011

This hotel management is very dangerous! We booked via expedia, this hotel management said it would have not received the correct information: They wanted to get rid of us during Passah one day earlier than our stay would end, telling us it would be our problem.
Only after massive intervention they would feel responsible to offer a second best place for another night. NEVER AGAIN / DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE.
For my wife and the family -we were traveling with kids- this was a very very unpleasent experience. Our impression was that they found another person paying more: THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS BUSINESS!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank dirk_brauckmann

Reviewed January 29, 2011

We loved Varsano! The position is wonderful, the staff charming and very helpful and the rooms spacious, very comfortable, light and bright all in a private garden setting!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed 3 days in Varsano Luxury Suites in December 2010 and very much enjoyed the place. It is nicely located in the great area of Neve Tzedek. Our suite was even better than expected on the nice pictures seen on internet, furnished with lots of taste, still simple and practical. The welcoming of Sivan (the Manager) was prefect and she was always available if needed.
We will, with no doubt, return to Varsano Luxury Suites when going back to Tel Aviv and highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2010

This is a charming little Hotel (7 Rooms) with a big soul. If you want tourism factory- this is not your place- the romms are very big with living room kitchen dining area and bedroom plus 2 toiletts, shower, balcony iron, washing machine and drier and dishwaser- dont get confused- it is charming clean fresh flowered with great coffee machine and herbal teas- the room we stayed at was at least 70 square meters in size- beautifully decorated- suprerb rate of cleaning and great hospitality- you dont have a lobby, and you walk in and out to your room from a courtyard or the street and upon arrival- there is no reception- but this is the charm !- wonderful clean and fresh linens and a beatiful sleep- I envy each one of you who comes to Tel-Aviv and stays in this hotel !

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I was met at the airport by a member of the Varsano team (pre-booked) and knew I was in good hands with such a warm welcome. Upon walking through the front door of my suite I was faced with the WOW factor. Everything was so tastefully done and the suite was amazingly spacious. I had three fabulous days in Tel Aviv and looked forward to returning to my suite every night. I received such good service during my entire stay and highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MallyH
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I have been coming to Israel for business purposes for over 15 years - to say it is a pleasant experience would be not only an exaggeration, but closer to a lie. Even at the 4 and 5 star hotels you are treated as nothing more than a faceless bill payer; service is not a trademark of the Israeli hotel industry. "Get in - do my business - get out" has been my mantra. That is until my most recent stay at Varsano Luxury Suites - my experience was so extremely pleasant, in the future I will be going out of my way to find an excuse to stay an extra few days.
The suites are beautifully laid out; spacious, clean, comfortable, having a cutting edge / contemporary design, but still exuding a "homey" atmosphere. Beds and sofa are fantastic; linens luxurious; wi-fi is fast, reliable, and free (you pay between $12-$20 elsewhere in town). The entertainment package is state of the art (TV's and stereo). The bathroom fixtures are spa quality and the whole establishment strives for a "green" consciousness. The washer/ dryer is handy for business folks or families staying for longer periods. The kitchens are well equipped (sans microwave) and you can easily prepare your own meals, however being centrally located in the Neve Tzedek area, outstanding restaurants and local eateries are only a few minutes stroll away. Located a short walk from the beach and a spa (where as a guest you get a discount) you can find plenty to do in your down time. You can relax in the inner garden, grab a coffee and delicious pastry or ice cream at any one of the local cafes, or simply "veg" in your room. The staff is great - they go out of their way to help you at any and all hours. No problem with English.
The only down side for me is there is no gym or pool, and due to phone problems in the room I had a little bit of difficulty contacting taxis. The room also did not have a printer for my use. Other than that - it was better than perfect!
I will definitely stay there again. My only reluctance when it comes to recommending it to others, is my fear that my new found refuge won't be available when i return.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mwtrahan
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Great place to stay in lovely Neve Tzedek. It felt like we lived in the neighborhood for the week we were there. Easy walk to the local market for breakfast fixings, several excellent restaurants close by, and very near to the newly opened Tachana of Jaffa. Also, nice walks up the beach and down to Old Jaffa. The only reason I would not recommend it is so that the next time I want to book it, there might be a suite available.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple