Arbel Suites Hotel
$363
$307
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$599
$451
Priceline
$1,112
$1,008
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsquiet streetfree bikesdizengoff streetresidential neighborhoodone bedroom suitebeach towelsquiet hotelapartment buildingsmall kitchenettefelt like homehome away from homenice breakfastexcellent locationperfect place to staydefinitely stay here againnice staywithin walking distance
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My wife and I rented the classic studio apartment, which included a kitchen, for four nights during October 2011. The room is small but very well designed.The neighborhood is quiet and the location is great, near Arlozorov and Dizengoff, with lots of cafes, shopping, and the beach nearby. The staff was nice and helpful. We really recommend this place.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cosem
Reviewed October 26, 2011

the hotel itself is an average one, but, considering that it is in Tel Aviv, it is good for the price. the biggest advantage is the staff, everyone is very friendly and helpful, especially the elderly gentleman, Michel - if you are lucky, you can have some very interesting conversations with him.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nr0bert
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I like the location, as I'm originally from T-A and prefer to be near Dizengoff. It's also pretty close to the beach (I didn't care). I was there 5 years ago, and since then they upgraded the rooms a little, added the 34-hour lobby.

I was in a "classic" studio (double bed). It was small, clean and comfortable. The staff were all friendly.

The bathroom is small and somewhat spartan. At 5'10" (177cm) I found it somewhat cramped, so if you are taller (or not as supple as you once was), beware.

PS - if you use Car2go, there's a car parked right under the building.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank GD A
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed here two nights, booking directly with the hotel. It is an apartment building on a residential street. There is no Arbel signage. We took a taxi from the main train station, costing approximately 30 shekels. Due to the one-way system, the taxi has to take a slightly indirect route. You can get there by the 61 or 161 buses from the stop on the main road outside the station. This is what we used for subsequent trips.

We were in the economy room. It has a double bed, one side of which is up against the wall. This is a bit silly, as with minor re-arranging, they could have space on both sides for little tables. Hairdryer and iron were supplied. There is a little kitchenette, and a fair sized fridge. There was a microwave and a hotplate. There were plenty of TV English news channels, including Al Jazeera. The floor is carpeted. The room was clean, but a bit drab, with a small window. Furnishing is simple. If you ask they will let you have a towel for the beach.

There were plenty of restaurants near; also supermarkets, including at least 1 24 hour one.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Donard
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Great front desk staff. Owner is present from 7:00 a.m until at least 5:00 p.m. so any issues are resolved immediatly. For example, my kettle wasn't working and it was replaced within an hour.

I stayed in the studio for 7 days. The room was very comfortable, although some Americans might find it somewhat spartan. Europeans will think its great. There is a kitchennet with pots, ans, plates and utinsels. It also has a toaster oven, refrigerator - no full oven and a full kitchen table and chairs. But, it's enough to eat breakfast, sandwiches and other things.

The bed was quite comfortable and the a/c worked great.

The hotel is located on a quiet street and is five blocks from the beach. It is one block and a half from Dizingoff street, a major thoroughfare in Tel Aviv, that is populated by numerous cafes and restaurants. I would recommend Aroma on Dizingoff & Gordon streets. If you ride buses the # 5 bus is a short block and a half. The bus reaches the central bus station at one end and also travels to the train station, which is approximately 20 minutes from the airport.

My only complaint is that I was charged over $30.00 for local phone calls I made from the land line in the room. The problem, no one told me that there would be a charge, there was no sign or any indication that I would be charged. And add insult to injury the charge was given to me following my checkout. I had returned to pickup my suitcase, which I had left so that I could pick it up before I left for the airport. So the short and the long of it is I was charged for the phone calls nine hours after I checked out, and when I was in a hurry to get to the airport and had no patience or time to argue.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business