“Good food, poor manners”
Review of itzik hagadol

itzik hagadol
Ranked #128 of 1,652 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The salads were very good a copious. The service was poor -- aggressive and unprofessional. I was hosting associates and we are all slow eaters, so I requested that the main dishes be delayed. They arrived much too soon, and I sent them back. When they were delivered later, they were dry. Then, in the middle of our meal, before 23:00, ie early by local standards, they started to sweep the floor and polish it with a noisy mechanical polisher, right under our noses. Our comments didn't help. The food was good, despite being overcooked, and the cost was reasonable. Not sure I would go there again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Forget what your Hilton concierge recommended--he's somebody's brother-in-law. Salads are so-so, fish is overcooked, steak was a bad cut of meat. Waitstaff is constantly pressuring you to buy more food. But a least it was expensive. The last time I was there, I found that the waitstaff works for tips only, so if you go, tip accordingly. There are too many great places to go in Tel Aviv to eat here.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Vast array of stunning salads and dips accompanied by home made Laffa bread quelled the hunger of myself and eating companions. The dishes hit the table almost as we sat down. The quality of meat that followed was excellent and thoroughly enjoyed by all. Highly recommend to meat eaters and anyone with a big appetite. For those willing to push the boat out slightly I would highly recommend the Goose Liver; relatively uncommon but a unique and delicious texture. Having eaten a lot of Middle Eastern/Israeli food I fully expected more of the same, fully exceeded expectations.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

All we wanted was a beer having just arrived in TLV. We found this place by chance and ended up having some great food. Wish I could have had another chance to go there again. The menu was the superb.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nice place with good food but expensive. The salads are particularly good and shouldn't be missed. Great location right in the entrance to Yafo.